Page 185 of 324 FirstFirst ... 183184185186187 ... LastLast
Results 2,209 to 2,220 of 3886

Thread: Draft Prospects

Re: Draft Prospects

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrian View Post
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...s-pro-day-too/

From a first rounder to a potential UDFA ina few weeks. What a fall.
    Well, I look at it this way. He saved some team a lot of heartache by imploding before the draft.

Blog Entries

I can't believe a top 15 MLB talent can fall this far, has it ever been done in the history of the draft? Just wow, disappointed...

In other news, the Ravens are really interested in this Bernard Pierce they already had a meeting with him at the combine, and have met up with him again at his pro day. Don't rule out seeing him drafted somewhere in the mid rounds if he's available.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I can't believe a top 15 MLB talent can fall this far, has it ever been done in the history of the draft? Just wow, disappointed...

In other news, the Ravens are really interested in this Bernard Pierce they already had a meeting with him at the combine, and have met up with him again at his pro day. Don't rule out seeing him drafted somewhere in the mid rounds if he's available.
    Maybe he's not really a top 15 MLB talent

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Maybe he's not really a top 15 MLB talent
    This.

Perhaps he was only a top 15 projection based on hype from his freshman season. Most mocks are done by guys who just have a website, not by actual scouts and GMs in the NFL. Maybe it's only the fans who thought much of him and that view was never held by the guys doing the real drafting.

Blog Entries

Wisconsin WR, Nick Toon, ran a 4.38 at his pro-day last week. He's 6'2" 220lbs...that's pretty fast for a guy his size. Good hands and was a good possession WR too.

He just pushed himself up into the 2nd round.

With the way things are shaping up, I think the 2nd round is going to be chock full of WR's.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    This.

Perhaps he was only a top 15 projection based on hype from his freshman season. Most mocks are done by guys who just have a website, not by actual scouts and GMs in the NFL. Maybe it's only the fans who thought much of him and that view was never held by the guys doing the real drafting.
    freshman season plus highlight reel is all Burfict ever was. The kid didnt seem to have the tape to back up the hype to begin with (says scouts). the rest of this is just self inflicted damage. if it was still an issue of one or the other hed probably be a mid round draft pick (and possible bust) but considering both i cant see how a team can really trust to take him. UDFA, id take a flier on him, but i wouldnt even bet on him making the team.

some team will take him though. probably Cincinnati or another cheap program with questionable characters. probably the 3rd day.
    Last edited by JAB1985; 03-19-2012 at 09:06 AM.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Wisconsin WR, Nick Toon, ran a 4.38 at his pro-day last week. He's 6'2" 220lbs...that's pretty fast for a guy his size. Good hands and was a good possession WR too.

He just pushed himself up into the 2nd round.

With the way things are shaping up, I think the 2nd round is going to be chock full of WR's.
    Just started watching tape on the lad and I like the way he creates space in tight coverage. He's always looking to get an extra yard or two, which I love. This cat is Boldin's roster replacement, yet he could definitely compete for the X position right away.

Might have to move up in the 2nd to get him. Blackmon, Floyd, Wright, Hill, Givens, Sanu = 6. So will Toon be the 7th WR off the board? Or will it be Quick or Randle. Can you get the the 7th or 8th WR with 58th pick? I'm thinking that with the FA moves across the league, you can this year, but not sure.
    EDIT: Forgot about Jeffrey in my top 6-8 WRs. Toon will surely be on the board at #58.

Toon (in the 2nd) and Hilton (in the 4th) = possible bro-mance right here.

...and what team couldn't use a "TOOOOOOOOOOOOON" accolade as we move the chains.
    Last edited by BigPlayReceiver; 03-19-2012 at 09:12 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    Temple RB Bernard Pierce ran in the mid 4.3 to high 4.3 range in the 40-yard dash today at his Pro Day workout
    i dont really remember him at the combine... not sure if thats good or bad.

the guy that stood out to me was Robert Turbin, who clocked 4.50 28 reps at 5'10 225bs looked smooth running and catching the ball.

Nice article about his back story, sounds like a Raven rising up from that adversity if you ask me.
    Robert Turbins Childhood and NFL dreams

I like the guy as a prospect, i believe wicked said the knock was his breakaway speed, but Ray Rice doesnt exactly have that either so im still interested in the mid rounds.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

I think Toon will go over Quick, but probably not Randle.

Quick is huge, but isn't ridiculously fast and he had a tough time at the Senior Bowl. Coming from Appalachian State he could have a tough time playing against top level competition.

I'd imagine most teams are ranking the WR's like this right now:

1. Justin Blackmon
    2. Michael Floyd
    3. Stephen Hill
    4. Kendal Wright Jr.
    5. Alshon Jeffrey
    6. Rueben Randle
    7. Mohammed Sanu
    8. Chris Givens
    9. Nick Toon
    10. Joe Adams

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    i dont really remember him at the combine... not sure if thats good or bad.

the guy that stood out to me was Robert Turbin, who clocked 4.50 28 reps at 5'10 225bs looked smooth running and catching the ball.

Nice article about his back story, sounds like a Raven rising up from that adversity if you ask me.
    Robert Turbins Childhood and NFL dreams

I like the guy as a prospect, i believe wicked said the knock was his breakaway speed, but Ray Rice doesnt exactly have that either so im still interested in the mid rounds.
    A couple of folks had unofficial hand times in the mid 4.4's for Turbin.

I think he could go a lot higher than people think.

I have RB's ranked like this right now:

1. Trent Richardson
    2. Lamar Miller
    3. David Wilson
    4. Robert Turbin
    5. LaMichael James

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    A couple of folks had unofficial hand times in the mid 4.4's for Turbin.

I think he could go a lot higher than people think.

I have RB's ranked like this right now:

1. Trent Richardson
    2. Lamar Miller
    3. David Wilson
    4. Robert Turbin
    5. LaMichael James
    I like that list and feel its probably closer to true, but I think James, Martin and now probably pierce might have jumped ahead of him. Seems like teams value that speed with their RBs. Walters says 4-6 (which i think is low but would love to get him there) and Kiper says 2 or 3 round (which is more realistic). Id probably be alright with him as high as our 2nd pick (since its late) but would prefer him in the 3rd or later. I really just like what i see and a big strong back like that would compliment Rice even if we do extend him but his catching ability would minimize his loss if we dont. Might make negotiating with rice actually easier having invested in a higher draft pick.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    Just started watching tape on the lad and I like the way he creates space in tight coverage. He's always looking to get an extra yard or two, which I love. This cat is Boldin's roster replacement, yet he could definitely compete for the X position right away.

Might have to move up in the 2nd to get him. Blackmon, Floyd, Wright, Hill, Givens, Sanu = 6. So will Toon be the 7th WR off the board? Or will it be Quick or Randle. Can you get the the 7th or 8th WR with 58th pick? I'm thinking that with the FA moves across the league, you can this year, but not sure.
    EDIT: Forgot about Jeffrey in my top 6-8 WRs. Toon will surely be on the board at #58.

Toon (in the 2nd) and Hilton (in the 4th) = possible bro-mance right here.

...and what team couldn't use a "TOOOOOOOOOOOOON" accolade as we move the chains.
    I've liked Nick Toon as a prospect for a few years now. I think he's a really nice complimentary WR that has nice size. He doesn't let the ball get into his body, which is nice. Plus, he's got the genes. Daddy (Al Toon) was a pro-bowl WR for the Jets.