Page 12 of 324 FirstFirst ... 1011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Draft Prospects

1. Re: Draft Prospects

Quote Originally Posted by Iscull View Post
    Do you think his performances will force Burfict to drop further?
    I think so man, just looked Mel Kiper also pushed him up as his #1 Linebacker.

That said, someone might still take burfict over Keachley..... and it wouldn't be wrong, its a toss up.
    Lardarius "The predator" Webb

Re: Draft Prospects

This is a great thread -- lots of good info and informed opinions. I think the last 2 games might modify some projections. IMHO:

WR is not a pressing need (not necessary to spend a # 1, 2, or 3). Boldin is not done; T Smith is for real; Lee Evans is not done; Doss and LaQuan have good upside; we have two good young TEs.

ILB is a round 1 or 2 need: We all love him, but Ray's time is nearly over. McLain and Ellerbe are adequate at best and Ayenbedejo is small and aging. We need to draft a real ILB rather than settle on another UDFA or try to convert a college DE.

Next highest priority is OL. Birk is about done and Gurode is a very short-term fix. We need a quality young OLT; McK is merely adequate. If Grubbs is going to be a cap casualty (and Oz will know) then we need a G. I could see Oz using his first three picks for an ILB and two O linemen.

IIRC we have no 4th round pick, so I look forward to Oz making another magic selection in round five. And who is better than Oz at finding hidden diamonds in the FA maket?

Personally I think if its not broke don't fix it. While the Ravens live by the motto " Best player available", we all know that if two guys are relatively close on the board and one is a position of need, they are gonna take the guy at the position of need. While WR may not be a pressing need if somehow a very good one fell to our spot and he was head and shoulders better than any ILB left on the board, I hope that Ozzie takes the WR.

That being said there a few decent ILB who could be available when we pick and would be excellent additions. LT and C would be two other definite positions of need.
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

If wr Floyd is there when we pick in the first and the only ilb left is hightower and brewster is there who do you pick? Need... Ilb or C or bpa.. Floyd arguably is the best wr in the draft. But has character concerns hence many thinkin he falls.

Vontaze Burfict benched again last night for two personal foul penalties on the same drive.
    Follow me on twitter at @dandrews66

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    If wr Floyd is there when we pick in the first and the only ilb left is hightower and brewster is there who do you pick? Need... Ilb or C or bpa.. Floyd arguably is the best wr in the draft. But has character concerns hence many thinkin he falls.
    If Floyd, Hightower, and Brewster are all there, that is the order of BPA. I think you take Floyd. I don't like Brewster that much as a prospect, I think he's a bit overrated. I like Peter Konz and Ben Jones better. I also think Wiliam Vlachos from Bama is a better value pick, he could probably be had in the 3rd round and start from day one.

I do like Hightower quite a bit and he is the type of player Ozzie will draft. He'd definitely be in contention.

I don't know why people think WR isn't a need. This is a team that should be drafting for the future, and Boldin has no future. He's been great for us but he'll be 32 next year and he already doesn't get any separation at all from DBs. I am not sure he finishes his contract here in Baltimore. With Floyd, he takes over at split end, Smith remains at flanker, and you continue the youth movement at the skill positions.

I think the coaching staff sees something in Doss they do not like and I am concerned about his future. LaQuan is a ST only player. I am not sure Evans is back next year.

Admittedly they are presently deeper at WR than ILB or OL but I think that may change. I think McKinnie will start at LT again next year and possibly beyond, so I am not sure there is a big question at OT. I do like Barrett Jones from Bama because he can play both G and T.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BleedPurple92 View Post
    Just watched Keachley vs Miami..

I'm convinced he's the best LB in the Nation, and kiper thinks so too apparently. He will definately be the first LB Gone.. The guy is more than impressive, his instincts are Ray lewis like, he got a pick 6 in the first quarter to basically seal the win.. Impressive stuff.
    The dude is compared to Ray quite regularly. Might be worth a move up in the draft, huh?

1. I think Lee Evans will be back. Doss and LaQuan need more time to develop. David Reed won't be baack.

2. I see us drafting a mlb, center, safety, OT, and TE.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    I don't know why people think WR isn't a need. This is a team that should be drafting for the future, and Boldin has no future. He's been great for us but he'll be 32 next year and he already doesn't get any separation at all from DBs. I am not sure he finishes his contract here in Baltimore. With Floyd, he takes over at split end, Smith remains at flanker, and you continue the youth movement at the skill positions.

I think the coaching staff sees something in Doss they do not like and I am concerned about his future. LaQuan is a ST only player. I am not sure Evans is back next year.

Admittedly they are presently deeper at WR than ILB or OL but I think that may change...
    Don't agree, and don't know why you're "retiring" Boldin so quickly. He was only 31 in October, and is having a fine season (48 catches/747 yds/15.6 avg/3 TDs) and has been an important cog in this 8 - 3 team. I'm not concerned about Doss' future since this is his rookie season. Many players develop after a year or two. No way IMO that LaQuan is only a ST player. He has already seen the field, had a huge 1st down catch vs. Pitts in the winning drive, and is only 23. You seem to be creating this WR "need". I just don't see it... Bc

P.S. - I'm not even counting the possibility that Lee Evans is resigned.

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    I'm not even counting the possibility that Lee Evans is resigned.
    Agreed. Evans is signed through 2012, and is 30 years old. I don't see WR as a need in the top 3-4 rounds in the next draft.

Quote Originally Posted by dandrews View Post
    Vontaze Burfict benched again last night for two personal foul penalties on the same drive.
    That guy has a lot of growing up to do. Stupidity is what cost LaGarett Blount a slew of money, moving from a decent draft pick to an UDFA. Burfict could learn a thing or two from that.

Blog Entries

I watched Keachley and Burfict last night. Keachley is a better 3 down LB'er I also think Te'o is better than Burfict. Burfict is a good hard hitter, but I watched him give up and not hustle on several plays last night. If the play was not in front of him he didn't run to the ball.