Page 2 of 324 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Draft Prospects

Blog Entries

Re: Draft Prospects

Go to most any team forum and look at their draft thread and you'll see the name Hightower.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Hightower is an excellent prospect and could absolutely be around at the bottom of Round 1.

I think the LB rotation that Alabama is using right now is going to hurt his overall stock because he won't have the resume that Burfict and Kuechly have.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Positions of Need right now...

ILB, Center, Returner/Receiver (Preferably someone that doesn't suck as a receiver wouldn't hurt...not some scrub like Yamon Figurs), DE (3-4 end)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post
    I know I've mentioned Michael Brewster since my first day joining here a few months ago. He's the most polished, starter-ready C in the draft. However, Peter Konz out of Wisconsin might be the better prospect. Konz is massively strong for a C (6-4/315) and, although his technique isn't as polished as Brewster, he seems to be the type of player who is so physically advanced that he can still be dominant while his technique is developing.

Burfict is falling fairly steadily. He seemed a lock to be a top 8 pick entering the season, but a lot of mock drafts I'm seeing now have him in that 14-16. It's not crazy to think he could be around in the late first round. That having been said, I'm not sure I wouldn't rather have Teo or Hightower even up anyways. I think in terms of consistency, attitude, and showing to play every game, they might be the safer pick anyways. I've watched Burfict play twice this year and he seems to take plays off now and then. Someone said that Burfict is the best true LB prospect since Willis. I don't think he's nearly as good as Rolando McClain from the 2010 draft.

Don't sleep on Zach Brown (LB, North Carolina) either for our 1st round pick. He is rising fast and might be viewed as the superior LB prospect above Teo and Hightower.

As far as 2nd rounders go, I'd salivate at the thought of Mark Barron slipping to us. He is everything you want to see from a player who figures to be Reed's eventual replacement . He's physical, runs well, is a good leader, and very heady. If Barron isn't around, I wouldn't mind us looking S with the pick and select either Markelle Martin (Ok. St) or TJ McDonald (USC).

I can also see us double dipping on the D-line this draft, like we did at CB and WR last year. We only have 4 true D-linemen under contract for next year (Jones, Ngata, Cody, McPhee). I guess it's possible that one out of Redding/McKinney might be back, but that still gives us room for two draftees. If we use that 2nd round pick on a D-linemen, I'd love to see Jared Crick be there when we draft in the late 2nd round, however that might be a stretch. A more realistic target might be Josh Chapman (NT, Alabama---Cody's replacement) or Alameda Ta' Amu (Washington). I also have heard good things about Cam Johnson (DE, Virginia) Vinny Curry (DE/OLB, Marshall) or Brandon Lindsey (DE/OLB, Pitt). I think Johnson is truer D-lineman than the other two, so he would be my preference, especially since we have Kruger/Kindle as the rush LB type player now anyways.

As good as JJ is at setting the edge and making heady plays all over the field, I see less and less of a chance he returns with each passing week. He really deteriorated down the 2nd half of the year last year and his play seems to be heading the same direction this year.

If the Ravens don't go with Konz/Brewster in the first round, Ben Jones (C, Georgia) is likely to be available with their 2nd round pick. He isn't as big of a slam dunk type prospect as the other two, but should be a starter-caliber player from day one and does have a decent upside.
    I doubt they'll take another DL'man early on in the draft.

I'm not that impressed with Lidsey out of Pitt either. He's a small DE (250lbs) and in the NFL he's going to have to be a situational pass rusher or learn to be an OLB.

He's a 3rd or 4th round prospect IMO and he reminds me of someone like an Antwan Barnes or Everette Brown.

I would be stoked if we somehow managed to get Konz.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Would love to see the Ravens grab a LT early, and/or a Center. You know Ozzie is well aware of all the Alabama guys.
    You guys know more about the 2012 draft than I do, but my feeling is that if it's between LT and C, I'd surely go LT (all things being equal). Don't know if a solid LT will drop as far as where the Ravens will pick, but I think Gurode may be our starting Center in 2012/13. After McKinnie there doesn't seem to be any real depth (I am discounting Oher at this point). Otherwise, Brewster wouldn't be a bad choice... Bc

Why is a 3-4 end a need at this point?

We have Ngata at one spot and McPhee and Jones at the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Why is a 3-4 end a need at this point?

We have Ngata at one spot and McPhee and Jones at the other.
    The more depth the better. Notice I placed it far beyond those other needs.

I also forgot to mention LT.

Blog Entries

Right now I have Hightower going to Pittsburgh a few picks above the Ravens.

I have the Ravens taking Brewster.

10. Re: Draft Prospects

Based off the last two drafts where they went defense w/ Kindle, Cody & Smith as their early picks, I think the Ravens draft on the offense side of the ball. I can't imagine Ozzie not targeting Barrett Jones, the LT from Alabama. That dude is a mauler & if Grubbs walks, you could start him at Guard for the year.

I'm sure they draft a LB, but it would be great to target one in FA as well.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Knox Harrington View Post
    Based off the last two drafts where they went defense w/ Kindle, Cody & Smith as their early picks, I think the Ravens draft on the offense side of the ball. I can't imagine Ozzie not targeting Barrett Jones, the LT from Alabama. That dude is a mauler & if Grubbs walks, you could start him at Guard for the year.

I'm sure they draft a LB, but it would be great to target one in FA as well.
    Very true.

I really like the idea of drafting Barrett Jones. Either in round 1 or 2.

12. Re: Draft Prospects

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Very true.

I really like the idea of drafting Barrett Jones. Either in round 1 or 2.
    You think Jones will be around in round 2?