Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Heads up - Bengals vs Ravens only on WJZ, WUSA blacked out

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens75 View Post
    I have the ticket so I'm good but it's ridiculous when you live in a market with two teams that you have to abide by this archaic rule.

BTW, I think we are the only market that this affects because the NY teams share a stadium and there are no teams in LA currently.

It needs to change.
    Is it not possible for the Jets to be sold out at home and the Giants to be playing on the road both at 1 PM? Do they get an exepmption in New York?

I don't know for sure, but my guess is that the Oakland Raiders and San Francisco 49ers face similar issues.

Does anybody know if there is a florida market that claims Orlando as its home territory?

Wink Re: Heads up - Bengals vs Ravens only on WJZ, WUSA blacked out

I receive all Baltimore and DC stations over Verizon FiOS, so I'm not affected. However, I know of someone who lives in Montgomery County who can pick up Ravens games from WJZ in HDTV, using a directional antenna. Antenna range is supposed 75 miles, so most Ravens fans in DC metro should be able to receive them.

It's not your old analog signal that we used to receive to watch the Colts, along with ghosts and static, in the dorms and apartments in College Park. Digital broadcast signals are crisp. I use rabbit ears for extra TVs in our house - the video quality is at least equal to the cable pic.

This should be a lot less costly than Direct TV, or even going to a sorts bar a few times.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Why is there a misconception about DirecTV and it's price?

I switched from AT&T U-Verse (our version of FiOS) to DTV and my bill went down a considerable amount. The customer service is great and they are still offering the ticket for gratis.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Why is there a misconception about DirecTV and it's price?

I switched from AT&T U-Verse (our version of FiOS) to DTV and my bill went down a considerable amount. The customer service is great and they are still offering the ticket for gratis.
    I think they are talking about the season ticket price, not the basic Directv service price.

For local channels I just have an antenna, and can pick up both Baltimore and DC, which is nice.

I think it was talked about in another thread, but the reason we didn't get the Pitt-Cinn game last week was because FOX had the doubleheader last week, thus CBS was locked into only one game, which for us was the Ravens game. Pretty much every week CBS and FOX alternate who gets to show a double header.

Quote Originally Posted by trailhiker85 View Post
    I was thinking the exact same thing last Sunday. I live in Howard County, so can get CBS as well as FOX from both Baltimore and DC. But of course, the only televised 1:00 game was that contest between those great NFL powerhouses from DC and Miami.
    That was due to a different rule: Double-header vs. single game.

As it were, FOX had the double-header, meaning they could show 2 games (at 1:00 and at 4:00) in the Baltimore market. CBS could only show 1 game - naturally, that would be the Ravens game.

If CBS had had the double-header, I have no doubt that they would have shown Pittsburgh/Cincinnati at 1:00.

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    I receive all Baltimore and DC stations over Verizon FiOS, so I'm not affected. However, I know of someone who lives in Montgomery County who can pick up Ravens games from WJZ in HDTV, using a directional antenna. Antenna range is supposed 75 miles, so most Ravens fans in DC metro should be able to receive them.

It's not your old analog signal that we used to receive to watch the Colts, along with ghosts and static, in the dorms and apartments in College Park. Digital broadcast signals are crisp. I use rabbit ears for extra TVs in our house - the video quality is at least equal to the cable pic.

This should be a lot less costly than Direct TV, or even going to a sorts bar a few times.
    I was just going to post this question(I live in Mo County as well), I guess I'll swing by Best Buy tonight and pick up one of these HD Antennas