Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Heads up - Bengals vs Ravens only on WJZ, WUSA blacked out

Just a heads up to our friends that watch to our south and west. WUSA Ch 9 will not be carrying the Ravens game due to a home Redskins game also on at 1PM on FOX. These are the NFL rules. Find the closest sports bar with Sunday Ticket or a find a friend who gets WJZ Ch 13.

Best source for TV coverage, as well as rules for flex scheduling and more:
    www.the506.com

Re: Heads up - Bengals vs Ravens only on WJZ, WUSA blacked out

Ugh, goddamn I hate the Deadskins, Snyder and Washington, DC!!! Looks like I'll be heading to Buffalo awild Wings in College Park!

Blog Entries
    Now that has got to suck.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

I have the ticket so I'm good but it's ridiculous when you live in a market with two teams that you have to abide by this archaic rule.

BTW, I think we are the only market that this affects because the NY teams share a stadium and there are no teams in LA currently.

It needs to change.

I was talking with DirecTv last year about the fact that the box on my tailgate bus drops the Ravens game as soon as the box realizes that we are out of the local market. I have it set up as an RV box and I say to them " So I pay for all this stuff on my RV and I want to watch the Ravens and as soon as I take my RV out of the home market I can't watch the team I want and the whole reason I have it on my RV?" and the lady says "Yep. You should hear how pissed it makes the Raiders fans in LA."

That's ridiculous. First of all, what does DC Fox and WUSA have in common that blacks out another network station from showing a local team? UNFORTUNATELY where I live, I have DC programming as well, meaning DC local stations, even though I'm probably geographically closer to Baltimore county. I suppose DirecTV can't, or won't do anything about this type of programming.

The Skins play at the exact same time as the Ravens, against their biggest division rival and channel 9 is .... Wait for it .... A DC station.

WTH did you expect?!?! Sheesh people, come on.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    The Skins play at the exact same time as the Ravens, against their biggest division rival and channel 9 is .... Wait for it .... A DC station.

WTH did you expect?!?! Sheesh people, come on.
    In a rational world (not one governed by the goofy NFL broadcast rules) I would expect the station that is NOT carrying the Redskins to be able to broadcast the NFL game for the team for which DC is considered a secondary market.

I would not expect them to show 3 and a half hours of infomercials.

At no time has the league ever put on another game that goes head to head with the home team.

Just like in Baltimore. When the Ravens game is on, no other NFL game is televised on another network.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    At no time has the league ever put on another game that goes head to head with the home team.

Just like in Baltimore. When the Ravens game is on, no other NFL game is televised on another network.

I'm OK with this since it is a DC channel; however, I'm not OK with the fact that the only game I could watch at 1pm last Sunday was the Skins and Fins. I live in BALTIMORE county, not DC. It's ridiculous that the only option (without paying for the Sunday ticket) was the pathetic Skins when there was a divisional matchup at the same time.

Just my quick morning rant :)
    Boh

It also Sucked in Bmore last week when the only game that was on was the Redskins vs Miami. WTH? The Steelers and Bengals were playing an important divisional game and we are subjected to that crap?

Edit: BmoreBoh beat me to it... but it looks like we're all on the same page here.

The Redskins might as well be the Seahawks or the Cardinals... We just don't care!

Quote Originally Posted by RedSkins Fury View Post
    It also Sucked in Bmore last week when the only game that was on was the Redskins vs Miami. WTH? The Steelers and Bengals were playing an important divisional game and we are subjected to that crap?
    I was thinking the exact same thing last Sunday. I live in Howard County, so can get CBS as well as FOX from both Baltimore and DC. But of course, the only televised 1:00 game was that contest between those great NFL powerhouses from DC and Miami.

Still, there were a pair of silver linings. One, I got some yard work done. And two, the Deadskins lost.