Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Harbaugh Supports Cam's decision to Pass!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sirdowski View Post
    I mean honestly, what did you expect him to say?
    Read the thread. I'm not indicated that Harbs should have thrown Cam under the bus, but he sure did his players.
    There is a middle ground as HC, he should try to graze there

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    And Steve Bisciotti gave Billick a vote of confidence a couple of weeks before he fired him.
    Agreed.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

maybe we'll go winless and he gets fire, best possible scenario for the ravens.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravensinva View Post
    maybe we'll go winless and he gets fire, best possible scenario for the ravens.
    I can't say I like or support that scenario. They need to fire Cam regardless, BL.

Quote Originally Posted by Sua Sponte View Post
    This sums it up for me. Harbs will never get in Cam's ass or ever challenge his game plan or decisions.
    I know Harbs can not throw his OC under the bus, but to down right disregard the piss poor decision is just flat out inexcusable and says alot about Harbs say in the offensive play calling or lack there of.
    This has me pissed off and I sure hope Ray Lewis keeps the Rice from boiling over because this is disrepectful to the players, mainly Rice.

Is this guy serious, Rice had 5 carries for 27, that is what 5.1 Ypc. C'Mon Man, come up with something better than that. Your statement after the Jax game
    After the Ravens’ game in Jacksonville, in which Rice had eight carries for 28 yards, Harbaugh said eight carries was “never going to be a winning formula for Ray Rice.” So which is it John, or you just don't know yourself.

http://blogs.baltimoreravens.com/201...ass-run-ratio/

Harbaugh has to say this - otherwise he makes it look like he's not in charge and Cam is running the ship.

The problem is that neither one (Cam or Harbaugh) know how to make maximum use of Joe's skill set - by putting him in formations and schemes that make maximum use of his ability.

For example, you can run out of the shotgun - teams do it all the time - teams except the Ravens. You can throw short passes from the shotgun to backs (the functional equivalent of runs) - except the Ravens don't do it - and I am not talking about screens to Rice.

With our O-line and the offensive scheme that takes all the backs out of the backfield - its like open season on Joe for the D line. It won't work. It hasn't work. It's not going to work. The sooner that Cam (and more importantly Harbaugh) figures this out the better off the Ravens will be.

Unfortunately Cam is not capable of making these changes on a consisten basis - and he is only driving the nails in his coffin one at a time.

There are SEVEN nails left.

[QUOTE=Ngata Nother Suggs;349122]If he criticizes Cam he lights another fire the week before a really important game. It isn't worth it. They're still in decent shape even though they keep looking ridiculous on the road and now even the defense is falling apart.

Harbaugh has enough problems. He doesn't need to create another one. I doubt he'll do anything about Cameron behind closed doors, but even if he does he wouldn't announce it.

Only seven games left and they just have to try and make the best of it. See how far they can take this yo-yo team. With powerhouses like the Browns, Colts, and Chargers coming up it won't be easy.[/QUOTE]

Two games against the Browns; one each Colts and Chargers. 2-2 sound about right?

Quote Originally Posted by Sua Sponte View Post
    I can't say I like or support that scenario. They need to fire Cam regardless, BL.
    Ur right, I'm still pissed about the game.

John Harbaugh - Handed the keys to the car but failed the regular maintenance

John Harbaugh - the special teams coach turned head coach. But how? Could it be he had the know-how to run a professional football team or could it be because of luck and good personality? Personally, I would like to go with the latter.

Jim Harbaugh was the ravens quarterback in 1998. John Harbaugh is currently the ravens head coach(2008-present). But why? How? After all, hes a special teams coach. How does a special teams coach get a head coaching position with no experience on offense or defense? Simple, his brother was once a player for the team.

John seems to be a very likeable/nice person. And on paper he looks like a very good head coach. But what does he do for this team?

2007, in polite terms, was a train wreck. It was horrible, especially after our near superbowl season in 2006. But in all honesty, what could Brian Billick have done? Steve McNair took us to heights we'd never seen before in 06', but was ultimately hurt the entire 2007 season. Give me a team in the post-Goodell era(aka end all defense era) that has had a winning season with their backup quarterback? If you lose your quarterback, usually you lose the season.

Lets look at the "anchors" on our defense
    Ray Lewis
    Ed Reed
    Terrell Suggs
    Haloti Ngata

They are all from Billick

Now lets look at offense
    Joe Flacco
    Ray Rice
    Anquan Boldin
    Marshal Yanda
    Ben Grubbs

2 of them are from Billick, Q is a FA, Ray rice was an excellent pick and Joe Flacco still has not panned out(albeit a very good quarterback. Consistency though...)

Our drafts have sucked since he has been here.

38-19 in the regular season
    4-3 in the playoffs

Regular season, he seems to be great. But how much credit can he take for those wins? Our defense wins our games. Without it, we are nothing.

2008: We went to the playoffs because: Willis McGahee, LeRon McClain and Lorenzo Neal
    2009: We went to the playoffs because: Ray Rice had a monster year
    2010: We went to the playoffs because: Ray Rice and Joe Flacco was limiting his turnovers
    2011: ?

Lets just analyze the wins and losses of this year.
    Week 1: Pittsburgh at Baltimore
    Baltimore wins 35-7
    Defense forces 7 turnovers. This is the key stat. Not Joe Flacco's 3 TD's, not ray rices 2 TD's. I dont care how good or bad your offense may be, if you force 7 turnovers, you will win the game. No matter how you look at it, that is 7 offensive drives that the opponent was unable to score on. You only get so many chances in 60 minutes. Ray Rice had 19 rushing attempts.
    Week 2: Baltimore at Tennessee
    Tennessee wins 26-13
    Kenny Britt and Matt Hasslebeck torches our secondary for 300+ yards and a couple of TD's. Our offense is stagnant. Ray Rice runs the ball 13 times. The ravens lack any pass rush. I am OK with calling this a letdown game and pinning it on the team as a whole. The coach can only do so much to motivate.
    Week 3: Baltimore at St. Louis
    Baltimore wins 37-7
    Torrey Smiths first 3 receptions as a pro are for TD's(all over 20 yards). Why could he do this may you ask? Not being in the gameplan. The ravens lucked out here, because how can you gameplan for something you have never seen the opposition use before? Regardless it was fun to watch but we will never see anything like that again. Ray Rice had 9 rushing attempts
    Week 4: NYJ at Baltimore
    Baltimore wins 34-17
    10/31 163 Yards 1 INT
    Thats the statline for ravens QB Joe Flacco. Pathetic. Completely pathetic. This game was won solely on defense. 3 Defensive touchdowns in one game. Not much else to discuss about this game. Ray Rice had 25 rushing attempts.
    Week 5: Bye
    Week 6: Houston at Baltimore
    Baltimore wins 29-14
    Baltimore had a pretty good day offensively and Ray Rice set the tone with a 100+ yard rushing performance on 23 carries. Joe Flacco made plays when he had to and the defense did its usual job.
    Week 7: Baltimore at Jacksonville
    Jacksonville wins 12-7
    This game was horrible to watch. The offense was just not there, the coaching staff did a horrible job of preparing and a horrible job of giving rice the football. Joe Flacco played horribly. Ray Rice had 8 carries. Defense does its usual job yet again.
    Week 8: Arizona at Baltimore
    Baltimore wins 30-27
    Nearly another loss to another inferior opponent. The first half was horrible, Special teams and offense. You cant pin this on the defense, when the offense continues to turn it over. Coaches do a good job of adjusting at half time and the ravens squeak out a win. Ray Rice had 18 carries.
    Week 9: Baltimore at Pittsburgh
    Baltimore wins 23-20
    This win is all on Joe Flacco. He had the drive of his career when he marched the offense 92 yards on a game winning TD-drive. Wouldnt you know, Joe Flacco did well out of the shotgun? Ray Rice had 18 carries
    Week 10: Baltimore at Seattle
    Seattle wins 22-17
    This game just about sums up what everyone is angry about. Ray rice had 5 carries. Joe Flacco had 52 attempts. WHAT ARE THEY THINKING? The ravens were NEVER out of this game and to say that they had to abandon the run(looking at you John Harbaugh) is just ignorant, lazy and disrespectful to everyone who watched the ravens coaches squander the game away. Why would you ever waste a timeout on the challenge that NEVER WOULD HAVE BEEN? Why would you only give ray the ball 5 times? Why did you continue to put David Reed on KR when all he was doing was giving the game to seattle(3 KR, 2 Fumbles, 1 15 yard unsportsmanlike penalty)? The only reason the ravens were STILL in this game to the end was the DEFENSE. You cannot fault the ravens D for that last drive. They had stopped them all day long. NFL players get tired just like you and me.

The ravens are 5-1 when Ray Rice has 15+ rushing attempts.

John Harbaugh is not a HC. He doesnt have the balls to make the hard decisions(tell Cam to fuck off), he always wastes TO's(I cannot recall the last time the ravens had 3 TO's in the 2 minute offense) and he has a knack for calling wrong challenges or not challenging at all. Worst of all the team is never prepared for games against inferior opponents.

Like said in another thread, Bisciotti gave Billick his approval 2 weeks before he was canned.
    Last edited by landspeed; 11-14-2011 at 11:25 PM.

Re: John Harbaugh - Handed the keys to the car but failed the regular maintenance

I think John was trying to put up better stats than his Brothers team against Jim's Divison rival. Honestly I didn't even see the game I was driving back from LA. I heard the Results on the radio. Just saw the highlights. To Quote Jim Lahey "ahh, Fucked er' bud. You Want to get drunk tonight?"

10. Re: John Harbaugh - Handed the keys to the car but failed the regular maintenance

:grbac: hind sight is 20-20

Blog Entries

Re: John Harbaugh - Handed the keys to the car but failed the regular maintenance

Jim Harbaugh was the ravens quarterback in 1998. John Harbaugh is currently the ravens head coach(2008-present). But why? How? After all, hes a special teams coach. How does a special teams coach get a head coaching position with no experience on offense or defense? Simple, his brother was once a player for the team.
    oh snap

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

No, please tell us how you really feel.
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"