Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 1415161718 LastLast

Re: Harbaugh Supports Cam's decision to Pass!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JeromeBettis63 View Post
    Same thing I have said from the beginning...it is representative of the mindset that has failed to lead to a championship...complain about refs, put all your energy into beating your big brother, wear rabbit ears where it comes to the media and fans, act like you have won the SB after a big win...it goes on and on.
    You keep saying the same thing after people show that your thinking is wrong.

First off, you don't know why Harbaugh was given a gatorade shower. Plus, it was his players that chose to do it. Do you think it was his premeditated idea? How do you know it is a mindset that caused the Ravens under Harbaugh to fall short of a SB?

I gave you an example of the Steelers giving Tomlin a gatorade shower after a non SB win. Bill Belichick says the practice is a good thing. He knows about winning titles.

How do you know for sure that we lost the following games after beating Pittsburgh because we put all of our energy into the games against the Steelers? As a Ravens fan, I thought about that, but there were other factors in why we lost to the Steelers. Two fumbles and a big penalty by your kick returner played a big part in us losing. Our offensive play calling seems to possibly be a big reason why we lost to Seattle. I would guess those were bigger factors in losing the game than being exhausted from beating the Steelers.

Complaining about refs is done by every fanbase.

You are just a sore loser, and rather than handle the loss with class, you have to add a lame criticism about post-game celebration etiquette.

It takes having the best fans...thats the key!:ww:roll:

I think the team with the best fans is debatable. I for one would rank Packers, Chiefs, and Bills fans over Steelers fans. They support their team no matter what. Whether it's blizzards or losing seasons, they sellout their games.

Blog Entries

The one where he has no playoff wins against the Steelers and never makes the Super Bowl.
    Because the Steelers are the only NFL team outside of Baltimore.:grbac:

I am also not sure how "never makes the Superbowl" backs up your argument. He's not the first QB that hasn't won a Superbowl in the first FOUR years of his career and I'll bet every dime in my bank account that he won't be the last. Seriously, I think you'd have a much better case if Flacco and Harbaugh were in the sunset of their respective careers but they are not. They are very much still neophytes and they've got plenty of time to overcome that hurdle. I don't believe in psychics, so I know none of us can see into the future. Maybe we'll have to rehash this debate a couple of years from now.

(Of course when the Ravens win the Superbowl this year, there will be no more debating this. )

Blog Entries
    I am fine with the Gatorade bath as long as he doesn't unleash hell

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Re: The John Harbaugh Debate Thread (Merged Threads)

Quote Originally Posted by ravensinva View Post
    Bisciotti will not admit he made a mistake hiring Harbaugh.
    And there's no reason he should, because he obviously did not make a mistake by hiring Harbaugh.

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    And there's no reason he should, because he obviously did not make a mistake by hiring Harbaugh.
    we wouldn't be having this conversion had Jason Garrett said yes.

Anyone remember beside Harbaugh, Garrett and Rex whoelse also interviewed for the job?

Blog Entries

Anyone remember beside Harbaugh, Garrett and Rex whoelse also interviewed for the job?
    Have you watched the Cowboys play this season? If Garrett had said yes, we'd have been calling for his head by now. IF he still had his job at this point.

Harbs has a great record. Took team to the playoffs every year. And that DESPITE Mattison and Cam. He mus have SOME skills.

Quote Originally Posted by houstonravensfan View Post
    Harbs has a great record. Took team to the playoffs every year. And that DESPITE Mattison and Cam. He mus have SOME skills.
    Either that, or he's had alot of talented players/teams...

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    Once again, we get fucked over without even the slightest drop of K-Y jelly to ease the pain.

He has been to playoffs his first 3 years. But IMO I think he is over his head sometimes. Don't think his is involve with offense or defense schemes and our special team sucks. someone please convince me why his is a good coach?
    I can't convince someone who won't open their eyes.

I remember hearing somewhere that Ken Wisenhunt also interviewed?

Quote Originally Posted by Jess View Post
    Either that, or he's had alot of talented players/teams...
    A couple things to consider:

Fact #1: If we make the playoffs this year, John Harbaugh will have, in 4 seasons, matched the number of post-season trips (4) that Brian Billick made in NINE seasons.
    Fact #2: If we win 1 playoff game this year, Harbaugh will also match Billick's total number of career playoff victories.
    Fact #3: Billick and Harbaugh have both worked with/under the same GM resonsible for aquiring the talent and assembling a roster.
    Fact #4: Of the 53 players on the current roster, there are only 8 left over from Billick's last team. That's an 85% turnover in the last 4 years.

At some point in time, people are gonna have to give up the whole "merely inherited great players/teams" argument.
    Last edited by MarkS; 11-24-2011 at 04:13 AM.