Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 1314151617 ... LastLast

Re: Harbaugh Supports Cam's decision to Pass!!!

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    The reason why Steelers fans on the internet like to talk about the Gatorade bath is because they *know* why it was done.

Beating the Steelers in Pittsburgh with a healthy Roethlisberger was a huge moment for this team and its fanbase. Sure, it wasn't a big deal in PIT and wouldn't have been if the shoe had been on the other foot, because they had consistently bounced the Ravens out of the playoffs for several years now.

So. It was a big monkey off our backs. And they know it. Mocking the Gatorade bath is exactly the same as saying "Big deal." Pretending a big rivalry game - bigger for us than for them, too - is not a big deal, after losing. Very playground-ish.

Which is fair enough, I guess, on their boards. A typical unsophisticated playground-style sulking after a loss. A Steelers fan on a Ravens board understands, though.

And if a Steelers fan thinks the Gatorade bath means the Ravens won't win the Super Bowl this year, well, last time I picked my nose I got a huge booger out of it, which I think means the Steelers won't win the Super Bowl this year. And we're both probably right.
    Keep telling yourself that. Champions don't celebrate too soon...period.

Quote Originally Posted by MattSG View Post
    I understand what your point is. You took it as a diss, that's why you have a problem with it and post about the event. You don't know why they did the gatorade shower. So you are being ignorant.

I didn't ask you to show proof that the Ravens gave Harbaugh a gatorade shower after the game, I asked you if you can prove that all the coaches you listed that apply, haven't gotten a non Superbowl gatorade shower.

You will find that Mike Tomlin recieved one in 2009 after winning just the AFC championship. So, by your logic, that shows your team didn't have the right mindset.

As I stated before, Parcells was doused with gatorade after every win in their Superbowl year in 1986. Did the team during the regular season not have the right mindset?

Belichick is quoted as saying he likes the gatorade showers. Belichick must not have the right mindset.

I'm just showing how your logic is flawed and that you are a hypocrite. You say in giving their coach a gatorade shower, it shows the mindset of the team; well your own team did the same thing in 2009.

As far as your evidence, it doesn't support your claim. First off, how do you know our team haven't won the SB under Harbaugh because of not having the right mindset. As people have shown, getting a gatorade shower in a game other than the Superbowl doesn't prove your team doesn't have the right mindset to win a championship.

Are you trying to imply that getting a regular season gatorade shower is the cause of the team not winning the SB? That would be an example of the post hoc fallacy. That doesn't make sense. lol Because our coach recieved a gatorade shower during the season, and we went on to not win the SB that year, it's has to be because of the regular gatorade shower?
    Same thing I have said from the beginning...it is representative of the mindset that has failed to lead to a championship...complain about refs, put all your energy into beating your big brother, wear rabbit ears where it comes to the media and fans, act like you have won the SB after a big win...it goes on and on.

Quote Originally Posted by JeromeBettis63 View Post
    Same thing I have said from the beginning...it is representative of the mindset that has failed to lead to a championship...complain about refs, put all your energy into beating your big brother, wear rabbit ears where it comes to the media and fans, act like you have won the SB after a big win...it goes on and on.
    None of which have anything to do with it. You are really going to have to get over this Gatorade thing.

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    None of which have anything to do with it. You are really going to have to get over this Gatorade thing.
    Clunk! That was me dropping the subject (but not my opinion).

Quote Originally Posted by JeromeBettis63 View Post
    Keep telling yourself that. Champions don't celebrate too soon...period.
    Heh.

Keep telling yourself your role as a fan of the Pittsburgh Steelers gives you special insight into what it means to have won, yourself, a Super Bowl, or to know what it takes.

*clunk* ;)
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Re: The John Harbaugh Debate Thread (Merged Threads)

Double-posting because this is so completely unrelated to exchanging sports-drink-related barbs with a Steelers fan:

A day or two ago Drew Forrester interviewed Brian Billick, as he often does. Drew asked Billick about the '06 decision to relieve Fassel part way through the season. It was my sense Drew *thought* he was tossing the coach a softball that would help the Cameron critics understand why Cameron can't be ejected mid-season.

But Billick's answer was not, I didn't think, what Drew was expecting. Billick made two observations that were responsive to those who say it can't be done now.

1. The reason to make the switch: He said it was painful but the team was not getting the most out of its talent on the offensive side of the ball (Ray Rice, Vonta Leach, Anquan Boldin, anybody?).

2. The obstacle that nobody else on the staff has OC experience: Billick observed that when Fassel left, Billick himself had OC experience and could take over. But in his own career, he himself had been made OC midseason in Minnesota, taking over for someone else dumped overboard midstream (well, after week 2, but still after the season started). He said an assistant could be found who could take over.

All that said, Billick did not sound like he was suggesting it would or could or should happen with Cameron. But he did show the blueprint of why and how it could happen, if it does.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

And in there lay a couple of problems.

Who replaces Cam?

And once you start to jettison your OC, the next person the team looks at is the head coach if things do not turn around.

Blog Entries

The ravens are not going to fire Harbaugh. However, if they did, I think Billick could do a better job of coaching this Ravens team.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    And in there lay a couple of problems.

Who replaces Cam?

And once you start to jettison your OC, the next person the team looks at is the head coach if things do not turn around.
    One of the assistants, is what Billick said. After all, it's what he was when he took over for an OC in Minnesota. I don't know which, I wouldn't presume to know which, if any, is capable.

And yes, the HC is always on the hot seat if the team does not improve after the OC departs. It's risky, but in '06 it worked for Billick.

I'm not advocating it, yet.

But I look at our personnel on offense, and I look at the way we play on Sundays, and I think we are underachieving compared to our potential. Regularly. It's one thing if we suck and we don't have the horses. But we *do* have the horses, and we are sucking anyway, which is *precisely* the reason Billick gave for firing Fassel in the middle of the season.

We know, not just from this year but from years gone by, Joe can complete passes, Ray Rice can run the ball, Vonta Leach can protect the running back, and Anquan Boldin can catch the ball. We know from this year that we have two TEs who can catch the ball and a WR who can get behind opposing defenses. But we are not putting points up on the board.

There are parallels, is all I am saying. Enough for me to say, if it happens, I will not be surprised. And if it does not happen, and things don't improve, I will say in the offseason it *should* happen. And I don't normally talk that way.
    Festivus

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    Heh.

Keep telling yourself your role as a fan of the Pittsburgh Steelers gives you special insight into what it means to have won, yourself, a Super Bowl, or to know what it takes.

*clunk* ;)
    It takes having the best fans...thats the key!:ww:roll:

I was speaking in terms of hypothetical and not necessarily advocating Cam's ouster.

Lets suppose the team pulled the trigger and Cam gets bounced. I don't see anyone on the team that can step right in as in 2006 when Billick took over.

Like it or not, Cam is here to stay till the end of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    The ravens are not going to fire Harbaugh. However, if they did, I think Billick could do a better job of coaching this Ravens team.
    Bisciotti will not admit he made a mistake hiring Harbaugh. And He just gave Harbaugh a new 4 years contract for about 16 million.