Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast
Results 181 to 195 of 209
  1. #181

    Re: Harbaugh Supports Cam's decision to Pass!!!



    Quote Originally Posted by JeromeBettis63 View Post
    It takes having the best fans...thats the key!

    I think the team with the best fans is debatable. I for one would rank Packers, Chiefs, and Bills fans over Steelers fans. They support their team no matter what. Whether it's blizzards or losing seasons, they sellout their games.




  2. #182
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Greensboro, North Carolina
    Posts
    5,171
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Harbaugh Supports Cam's decision to Pass!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by JeromeBettis63 View Post
    The one where he has no playoff wins against the Steelers and never makes the Super Bowl.
    Because the Steelers are the only NFL team outside of Baltimore.

    I am also not sure how "never makes the Superbowl" backs up your argument. He's not the first QB that hasn't won a Superbowl in the first FOUR years of his career and I'll bet every dime in my bank account that he won't be the last. Seriously, I think you'd have a much better case if Flacco and Harbaugh were in the sunset of their respective careers but they are not. They are very much still neophytes and they've got plenty of time to overcome that hurdle. I don't believe in psychics, so I know none of us can see into the future. Maybe we'll have to rehash this debate a couple of years from now.

    (Of course when the Ravens win the Superbowl this year, there will be no more debating this. )




  3. #183
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    over by the dental floss bush
    Posts
    17,938
    Blog Entries
    1
    I am fine with the Gatorade bath as long as he doesn't unleash hell
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!




  4. #184

    Re: The John Harbaugh Debate Thread (Merged Threads)

    Quote Originally Posted by ravensinva View Post
    Bisciotti will not admit he made a mistake hiring Harbaugh.
    And there's no reason he should, because he obviously did not make a mistake by hiring Harbaugh.




  5. #185

    Re: The John Harbaugh Debate Thread (Merged Threads)

    Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    And there's no reason he should, because he obviously did not make a mistake by hiring Harbaugh.
    we wouldn't be having this conversion had Jason Garrett said yes.

    Anyone remember beside Harbaugh, Garrett and Rex whoelse also interviewed for the job?




  6. #186
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Greensboro, North Carolina
    Posts
    5,171
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: The John Harbaugh Debate Thread (Merged Threads)

    Quote Originally Posted by ravensinva View Post
    we wouldn't be having this conversion had Jason Garrett said yes.

    Anyone remember beside Harbaugh, Garrett and Rex whoelse also interviewed for the job?
    Have you watched the Cowboys play this season? If Garrett had said yes, we'd have been calling for his head by now. IF he still had his job at this point.




  7. #187
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Blvd of Broken Dreams
    Posts
    2,226

    Re: The John Harbaugh Debate Thread (Merged Threads)

    Harbs has a great record. Took team to the playoffs every year. And that DESPITE Mattison and Cam. He mus have SOME skills.




  8. #188
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Eastern Shore
    Posts
    239

    Re: The John Harbaugh Debate Thread (Merged Threads)

    Quote Originally Posted by houstonravensfan View Post
    Harbs has a great record. Took team to the playoffs every year. And that DESPITE Mattison and Cam. He mus have SOME skills.
    Either that, or he's had alot of talented players/teams...

    Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    Once again, we get fucked over without even the slightest drop of K-Y jelly to ease the pain.




  9. #189

    Re: The John Harbaugh Debate Thread (Merged Threads)

    Quote Originally Posted by ravensinva View Post
    He has been to playoffs his first 3 years. But IMO I think he is over his head sometimes. Don't think his is involve with offense or defense schemes and our special team sucks. someone please convince me why his is a good coach?
    I can't convince someone who won't open their eyes.




  10. #190
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,136
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: The John Harbaugh Debate Thread (Merged Threads)

    Quote Originally Posted by ravensinva View Post
    we wouldn't be having this conversion had Jason Garrett said yes.

    Anyone remember beside Harbaugh, Garrett and Rex whoelse also interviewed for the job?
    I remember hearing somewhere that Ken Wisenhunt also interviewed?




  11. #191

    Re: The John Harbaugh Debate Thread (Merged Threads)

    Quote Originally Posted by Jess View Post
    Either that, or he's had alot of talented players/teams...
    A couple things to consider:

    Fact #1: If we make the playoffs this year, John Harbaugh will have, in 4 seasons, matched the number of post-season trips (4) that Brian Billick made in NINE seasons.
    Fact #2: If we win 1 playoff game this year, Harbaugh will also match Billick's total number of career playoff victories.
    Fact #3: Billick and Harbaugh have both worked with/under the same GM resonsible for aquiring the talent and assembling a roster.
    Fact #4: Of the 53 players on the current roster, there are only 8 left over from Billick's last team. That's an 85% turnover in the last 4 years.

    At some point in time, people are gonna have to give up the whole "merely inherited great players/teams" argument.
    Last edited by MarkS; 11-24-2011 at 04:13 AM.




  12. #192
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,136
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: The John Harbaugh Debate Thread (Merged Threads)

    Quote Originally Posted by MarkS View Post
    A couple things to consider:

    Fact #1: If we make the playoffs this year, John Harbaugh will have, in 4 seasons, matched the number of post-season trips (4) that Brian Billick made in NINE seasons.
    Fact #2: If we win 1 playoff game this year, Harbaugh will also match Billick's total number of career playoff victories.
    Fact #3: Billick and Harbaugh have both worked with/under the same GM resonsible for aquiring the talent and assembling a roster.
    Fact #4: Of the 53 players on the current roster, there are only 8 left over from Billick's last team. That's an 85% turnover in the last 4 years.

    At some point in time, people are gonna have to give up the whole "merely inherited great players/teams" argument.
    I really feel our drafting has gotten better ever since DeCosta came on board. Not to knock Ozzie, but I'd love to see how Dee fairs when his time comes to be GM.




  13. #193

    Re: The John Harbaugh Debate Thread (Merged Threads)

    Quote Originally Posted by MarkS View Post
    Fact #2: If we win 1 playoff game this year, Harbaugh will also match Billick's total number of career playoff victories.


    Billick coached teams won 4 playoff games in the 2000 season, and one in the 2001 season.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).




  14. #194
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Boston MA
    Posts
    795

    Re: The John Harbaugh Debate Thread (Merged Threads)

    Quote Originally Posted by MarkS View Post
    A couple things to consider:

    Fact #1: If we make the playoffs this year, John Harbaugh will have, in 4 seasons, matched the number of post-season trips (4) that Brian Billick made in NINE seasons.
    Fact #2: If we win 1 playoff game this year, Harbaugh will also match Billick's total number of career playoff victories.
    Fact #3: Billick and Harbaugh have both worked with/under the same GM resonsible for aquiring the talent and assembling a roster.
    Fact #4: Of the 53 players on the current roster, there are only 8 left over from Billick's last team. That's an 85% turnover in the last 4 years.

    At some point in time, people are gonna have to give up the whole "merely inherited great players/teams" argument.
    Opinion #1: Harbaugh inherited a team that expected to make the playoffs and contend for the division because that is where Billick had set the bar. Billick took a franchise that was a joke and stuck in irrelevance and gave it an identity and a winning attitude. Billick handled the Ray Lewis Atlanta situation perfectly and turned a potential disaster into a championship season. When Billick left it was time for him to go, but I will always be grateful for what he brought to the Ravens and to Baltimore.




  15. #195

    Re: The John Harbaugh Debate Thread (Merged Threads)

    Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post


    Billick coached teams won 4 playoff games in the 2000 season, and one in the 2001 season.
    I think he just messed up. Harbs already has 4 wins, so one more will match Billicks total of 5.
    360 tag: Ahhhhhhhhnold




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland