Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 1011121314 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Explain this Harbaugh

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    And sometimes the right move is to put in a change of pace back. Your willful refusal to acknowledge this basic football principle is baffling. It's also worth noting that several of those plays were pass plays and Ricky is a significantly better pass blocker than Ray.

I doubt that you do because you keep calling a substitution a benching.
    I know how substitution works like I said before. So you agreed with how that game went? With Ray Rice only getting 8 rushing attempts? How is it a change of pace if there is no pace to change?
    Last edited by StingerNLG; 11-15-2011 at 05:44 PM. Reason: Cleaning up. Everyone settle down please.

Re: Ozzie built it and Harbs tore it down (false promises)

Hard to argue with you thus far, but I have to give Harbaugh to year end to pass judgement.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    The difference is Ray Rice is your best player on offense, and David Reed is a marginal player that hasn't done much.
    David Reed has had several big returns for us the last 2 years including one just last week. He's been by far our best kick returner since last year, when healthy.
    Last edited by StingerNLG; 11-15-2011 at 11:48 PM.

I don't really know how much the improved the offensive line.
    Plus Williams was brought in to save money from McGahee, not for the express purpose of improving the running game. I think most people would agree at this point in their careers McGahee is a better runner.

It was like 550 carry's without a fumble. did you ever think for a second that Ray gets hit pretty dang hard and rarely fumbles. That hit on that fumble may have been a tough hard hit and he may have needed a few reps to clear out the bells. Never know, his hand may have been hit, anything could have happened. The best part of that fumble is he eventually returned to the game.
    You don't bench you best offensive weapon. But I do agree that a player that fumbles then causes a personal foul should not have been given the chance to fumble a second time.
    .....Support Our Warriors.....

Re: Harbaugh Supports Cam's decision to Pass!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JeromeBettis63 View Post
    JAB, I think your post makes my point.

First, I am not upset over it. I thought it was revealing of the Ravens mindset. Harbaugh is the one that creates the mindset and atmosphere that leads to that event happening. Second, the wins against the Steelers were big wins. I don't think the Ravens suck, I think they are a darn good football team. Heck, half the time I think my opinion of your team is higher than most of your own fans. That drive by Flacco and company was exactly the kind of thing it takes to win a championship. But those wins are gonna be fairly hollow if your team watches the Steelers advance further in the play-offs again. Maybe I will be dead wrong, maybe the Ravens will win it all this year...it wouldn't shock me...but gatorade baths at mid-season aren't helping them get there.
    How do you know why Harbaugh was given a gatorade bath? You have the belief that everything revolves around the Steelers. In my opinion you are being ignorant. In 2008, the Ravens gave C. Cameron a gatorade bath after the playoff win against the Dolphins. It was done for Cam, not to show up the Dolphins. There is a good chance they gave Harbaugh a gatorade shower because he hadn't gotten by the Steelers in a big game, and the media talked about it a lot. It would be for a personal reason, not to spite the opposing team. If the other team gets upset, screw them, it wasn't the intent.

As other posters have said, a lot of gatorade showers are done after regular season games. The two believed orgins of the gatorade shower are from regular season games.

Is there a problem with the Parcells led 86' Giants doing a gatorade bath after every single win that season?

Why would our wins be fairly hollow if only the Steelers make it further in the playoffs? Why is it just the Steelers? That is what it seems you are implying. I think this along with the crying over a gatorade shower are examples of you having sour grapes and rather than accept it, you want to try to agitate people.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    I don't really know how much the improved the offensive line.
    Plus Williams was brought in to save money from McGahee, not for the express purpose of improving the running game. I think most people would agree at this point in their careers McGahee is a better runner.
    Mcgahee was a cap casualty. They couldn't afford him. Ozzie didn't have to sign Williams. He could have stuck with parmele and allen. Williams was signed to bolster the rushing attack, which hasn't happened.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavensNTerps View Post
    David Reed has had several big returns for us the last 2 years including one just last week. He's been by far our best kick returner since last year, when healthy.
    And when he doesn't fumble 2 times and get a personal foul apparently. :grbac:
    Last edited by StingerNLG; 11-15-2011 at 11:48 PM.

Re: Harbaugh Supports Cam's decision to Pass!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JeromeBettis63 View Post
    Thats fine, you can have it,...and I will take a Bill Bellicheck, Joe Torre, Scotty Bowman, Tony Larrusa, Phil Jackson, Vince Lombardi, Chuck Noll, Mike Tomlin type team that takes a win in stride, moves forward and wins titles.
    Can you show us proof that none of these coaches showed some kind of emotinal outburst during a big win or their first championship? I find it hilarious that you include Tomlin in the list of coaches you mentioned.

I would never take Chuck Noll as my coach. The guy turned a blind eye to the steroid abuse by his own team. He didn't care aslong as he was winning. He accused other teams of being dirty when those teams stood up to his team. Noll is a shadey hypocrite, he fit right in with the Steelers organization.

I've tried to get Harbaugh's email address so I can send him an email staighting that he shouldn't get any more gatorade baths because it upsets an internet poster named JeromeBettis63 so much. lol

The John Harbaugh Thread (Merged Threads)

Guys, we're getting multiple threads on the same issue here. So all Harbaugh hate threads are going here.

Again, not complaining about it. Agree or disagree, people have the right to complain about the HC. I'm just consolidating it. Apologies to anyone who feels their thread was violated by this. It's nothing personal.

Also, for the love of stuffing (anyone see South Park last week?), please stop with the insults to each other! There is no need for it. Attack the post, NOT the poster. Or ignore the post (even better). Enough is enough!!!!

Re: John Harbaugh

Quote Originally Posted by mrfactoid View Post
    . Ozzi is why Harbs looks good
    Good players are almost always why coaches look good in the NFL. You can't win without 'em.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    Revisionist history. Reed had never fumbled before the Steeler game. 34 kick returns, zero fumbles. So, any "history of fumbleitis" goes back an entire week. Period.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.