Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Re: Explain this Harbaugh

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Last week, David Reed, who has a history of fumbleitis...
    Revisionist history. Reed had never fumbled before the Steeler game. 34 kick returns, zero fumbles. So, any "history of fumbleitis" goes back an entire week. Period.

WTH is a mini benching?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    That's where the 'special needs' players go when they are punished by the coach.

Re: Is Harbaugh Andy Reid lite?

Quote Originally Posted by Iscull View Post
    I don't understand all the hate for John Harbaugh. If we win, we credit all the players. If we lose, we blame all the coaches. I think we have a pretty good understanding of what happend in all of our losses.

Titans: Absolutely horrible gameplan and play all around. Secondary was torched. Foxworth showed he should be benched. He was later IR'ed.

Blame: Whole Team

Jaguars: Cam's worse playcalling game of the year. Also, offensive line's worst play of the year.

Blame: Cam and the O-Line.

Seahawks: I don't think I need to spell this one out. David Reed's 2 fumbles on KR's and unsportsmanlike conduct penalty really held us back on this one. Add that to the fact that the defense was trying to strip the ball every time instead of tackeling. Carr was abused. As for Cam's playcalling, I think he should have definitely utilized Rice more; however, the passing was definitely nessecary when your down double digits. A lot of dropped balls.

Blame: Hate to blame it on one guy, but David Reed really took that cake for this one.

Overall, our team plays significantly better with Grubbs in the lineup. I really expect for this team to win out with the way they're playing. I don't see how Harbs can take the heat for any of those games, I really don't.
    Harbaugh was the one who hired Cameron and if not for Michigan, we're stuck with Mattison too.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Can you please substantiate this claim?

I mean, not only is it completely ABSURD, but you have no way of proving this.

Get a clue man.

Fine, I don't have proof that he does nothing for offense or defense. The only thing I can based this on is he spend 10 years as a special team coach and 1 year as a defense back coach. From what I've been read, he is not involve with defense or offense game planning.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Oddly enough, they have these tiny little benches, and luckily Ray is small enough to sit on it without damaging it...

Sorry HR - couldn't resist!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    Revisionist history. Reed had never fumbled before the Steeler game. 34 kick returns, zero fumbles. So, any "history of fumbleitis" goes back an entire week. Period.
    It's still history. If I get points on my license for speeding last week, I have a recent history of speeding. The fact that he fumbled last week against Pittsburgh should have been enough reason to pull him after he fumbled the first kickoff return.

So let me get this straight. You guys agree with Harbaugh putting Reed back out there to return kicks after the fumble? Also, you guys agree with sitting Ray Rice on 1st and 2nd down in favor of Ricky early in the game? Rice needs the ball early and often.

Quote Originally Posted by actualspambot
    This is an unbelievably bad thread.

Ray was out of the game for FIVE whole plays after the fumble!

It's called substitution and they even do it in Madden 12 so I don't know why you've never heard of it.
    Five plays is too many for him to be out, and I do know what a substitution is. k thanks.
    Last edited by Paintballguy; 11-15-2011 at 05:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ravensinva View Post
    Harbaugh was the one who hired Cameron and if not for Michigan, we're stuck with Mattison too.
    Actually that was Ozzie who hired Cam.

It's still history. If I get points on my license for speeding last week, I have a recent history of speeding. The fact that he fumbled last week against Pittsburgh should have been enough reason to pull him after he fumbled the first kickoff return.

So let me get this straight. You guys agree with Harbaugh putting Reed back out there to return kicks after the fumble? Also, you guys agree with sitting Ray Rice on 1st and 2nd down in favor of Ricky early in the game? Rice needs the ball early and often.

Five plays is too many for him to be out, and I do know what a substitution is. k thanks. Do you even play sports or are you too fat to get off your couch?
    Then by your logic, Ray Rice shouldn't have started the past couple games becaues of his history of fumbling starting in Jacksonville.
    Last edited by StingerNLG; 11-15-2011 at 11:47 PM. Reason: No insulting forum members.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavensNTerps View Post
    Then by your logic, Ray Rice shouldn't have started the past couple games becaues of his history of fumbling starting in Jacksonville.
    The difference is Ray Rice is your best player on offense, and David Reed is a marginal player that hasn't done much.
    Last edited by StingerNLG; 11-15-2011 at 11:48 PM.

Blog Entries

Ozzie built it and Harbs tore it down (false promises)

number one priority from this offseason was supposed to be fixing the running game. they upgraded the offensive line and signed the best blocking FB in the league, as well as signed ricky williams, for that express purpose.

from the "state of the ravens" press conference in january

OZZIE:
    “From my perspective, and anytime you talk to a personnel guy, it’s always about: ‘We’re going to get better players.’ If I provide John with better players, his coaches with better players, then we’ll do better on Sundays. So, we can get better players.”
    Ozzie did his job and brought in the talent, Bisciotti paid the bill.

HARBAUGH:
    "If we run the ball better and we’re more physical, that opens a lot of possibilities from the passing game, play-calling, [and] gives guys a chance to make plays across the board. So, if I was going to say one thing, I’d say that would be the No. 1 thing we need to focus on going forward.”
    The running game is part of the passing game, and the passing game is part of the running game. I don’t think we were as good in any area as we should’ve been. Our offensive line wasn’t as good as it should’ve been. [That also goes for] our quarterback, our tight ends, our wide receivers. And I look at it as being on us as coaches. That’s something that we’ve got to do a better job of moving the football and scoring points.
    Harbaugh has failed to live up to his word. this team has completely abandoned the running game in the last month or so. Cam Cameron has gone absolutely pass-happy and Harbs has done absolutely NOTHING about it.

Last year they made the O-line coach a scapegoat (questionable) and let him take the fall. this year, Cameron will be the scapegoat (rightfully so) and he will take the fall.

Harbaugh needs to take the heat for the failures of this offense. He has just sat by and watched it go down the shitter. he was supposed to take a more active role with the offense this year. either he has or he hasn't, hard to tell, but either way, he has failed.

Time to put Harbaugh on notice.

Also, you guys agree with sitting Ray Rice on 1st and 2nd down in favor of Ricky early in the game? Rice needs the ball early and often.
    And sometimes the right move is to put in a change of pace back. Your willful refusal to acknowledge this basic football principle is baffling. It's also worth noting that several of those plays were pass plays and Ricky is a significantly better pass blocker than Ray.

Five plays is too many for him to be out, and I do know what a substitution is. k thanks.
    I doubt that you do because you keep calling a substitution a benching.
    Last edited by Greg; 11-15-2011 at 05:21 PM. Reason: Took out needless sentence only meant to inflame.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron