Page 1 of 18 123 ... LastLast

The John Harbaugh Debate Thread (Merged Threads)

He has been to playoffs his first 3 years. But IMO I think he is over his head sometimes. Don't think his is involve with offense or defense schemes and our special team sucks. someone please convince me why his is a good coach?

Blog Entries
    LOL..........

Re: John Harbaugh

I blame him the most David Reed has fumbled or bobbled lots of kicks, shouldn't have been out there to do it again. Plus, doesn't know when to go for it or kick. Team lacks focus. I think Harbaugh blew this game as much as anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by ravensinva View Post
    He has been to playoffs his first 3 years. But IMO I think he is over his head sometimes. Don't think his is involve with offense or defense schemes and our special team sucks. someone please convince me why his is a good coach?
    Well, lets see. He has a good win/loss record and he has been to the post season 3 out of 3 seasons. Was it his fault that David Reed fumbled twice today?
    Boh

Definite coaching blenders this year. Today, bad challenge, dumb decision to put Reed back out there, and I believe, bad schemes on away teams.

Quote Originally Posted by BaltimoreBoh View Post
    Well, lets see. He has a good win/loss record and he has been to the post season 3 out of 3 seasons. Was it his fault that David Reed fumbled twice today?
    and Flacco consistantly threw behind his receivers
    and Rice only got 8 carries
    and the pass rush sucked
    and the receivers dropped passes even when they were between the numbers
    and..... and .... and ..... and................................................

Quote Originally Posted by BaltimoreBoh View Post
    No one is arguing Harbaugh's win-loss record. Jim Caldwell had a 24-8 record in his two years as Indianapolis' head coach; in fact, he was a Coach of the Year candidate in 2009.

Now he's 0-10 and there's a strong sentiment that he'll be gone before the season is out.

I'm not saying the Ravens are similar to the Colts--the team from Indy is way more dependent on 1 player.

It just goes to show that a W-L record doesn't tell you everything about a head coach. In my opinion John Harbaugh looks to be contributing little, if anything, to this football team.

He brings nothing to the table in offense or defense, and his special teams units are average at best, more likely poor. His team has been terribly inconsistent and hasn't maximized its talent in any year yet. His clock management is awful.

I think it's a valid point to question what he's bringing to the table compared to a coach with more football acumen like a Belichick/Reid/Jim Harbaugh.

Leave it to Skip Bayless to kick a dog when he's down:

RealSkipBayless Skip Bayless
    Amazing how much the 49ers believe in Jim Harbaugh and how the Ravens aren't sure about his brother John.

RealSkipBayless Skip Bayless
    Wonder if Terrell Suggs will come on tomorrow's show and defend coaches who let Flacco throw 52 times, Rice run 5? Cool Joe, huh, TSizzle?

Quote Originally Posted by Bawlamer View Post
    and Flacco consistantly threw behind his receivers
    and Rice only got 8 carries
    and the pass rush sucked
    and the receivers dropped passes even when they were between the numbers
    and..... and .... and ..... and................................................
    And shouldn't a strong coaching staff be at work correcting those things in practice? If Flacco (who has the ability to throw beautiful passes) is off of his game and lofting what should be text book throws for him, who's job is it to bring him back into focus? If the receivers are consistently dropping balls that should be easy grabs for them who's job is it to get them tuned in again? I'm not saying that the players have no blame here, but they for the most part will do as they are coached. If a teams philosophy is wrong only good coaching can change it, the players make up the body, but the coaches are the head IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    In my opinion John Harbaugh looks to be contributing little, if anything, to this football team.
    I agree...as happened with Billick, Harbs message is getting lost very quickly, and Bisciotti just signed him to a contract extension. This loss is on Harbs, as well as the players who lack focus and intensity, which again is Harbs fault.

I am getting too old for this; even the beer does not help anymore! The Ravens should've crushed this team; but once again they left a Monumental Steamer on the field which will hasten the onset of a mega glacial meltdown!
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

Quote Originally Posted by SugarRay52 View Post
    Leave it to Skip Bayless to kick a dog when he's down:
    Wow, what an ass. Dude is an extreme Raven hater. These "experts" are supposed to be at least somewhat objectional, but Bayless makes it so damn obvious. I hope ESPN fires the douche bag sometime soon.
    90% of the game is half mental

This was an extreme coaching fail. I don't think Harbaugh is in over his head though....