Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: John Harbaugh

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    No one is arguing Harbaugh's win-loss record. Jim Caldwell had a 24-8 record in his two years as Indianapolis' head coach; in fact, he was a Coach of the Year candidate in 2009.

Now he's 0-10 and there's a strong sentiment that he'll be gone before the season is out.

I'm not saying the Ravens are similar to the Colts--the team from Indy is way more dependent on 1 player.

It just goes to show that a W-L record doesn't tell you everything about a head coach. In my opinion John Harbaugh looks to be contributing little, if anything, to this football team.

He brings nothing to the table in offense or defense, and his special teams units are average at best, more likely poor. His team has been terribly inconsistent and hasn't maximized its talent in any year yet. His clock management is awful.

I think it's a valid point to question what he's bringing to the table compared to a coach with more football acumen like a Belichick/Reid/Jim Harbaugh.
    It's obvious who is to credit for the Colts success. It aint the coach. Not fair to compare anyone to whomever is the Colts coach while Peyton is the QB. He could make anyone look like a good coach.

Overall I think Harbaugh has a done a good job. Today's loss was more execution than game plan. If Reed hadn't fumbled twice to give up 6 easy points this would have been a different game.
    Boh

Quote Originally Posted by BaltimoreBoh View Post
    It's obvious who is to credit for the Colts success. It aint the coach. Not fair to compare anyone to whomever is the Colts coach while Peyton is the QB. He could make anyone look like a good coach.

Overall I think Harbaugh has a done a good job. Today's loss was more execution than game plan. If Reed hadn't fumbled twice to give up 6 easy points this would have been a different game.
    Problem is REED shouldn't have been in the game for 2nd one.

Harbs was too excited as a coach last week and has shown an inability to regain focus after a big win. Also, to allow Cam to run RR 5 times is total BS!!!
    Living in Houston, Tx....still living, eating, breathing the Ravens

Under Billick we always had good special teams. Stover , Jer. Lewis ,Zastadil. Ozzi is why Harbs looks good

Quote Originally Posted by Boulderraven View Post
    Problem is REED shouldn't have been in the game for 2nd one.
    Couldn't agree more. So much for Harbaugh's dog house.
    Boh

Quote Originally Posted by EdReed4HOF View Post
    Wow, what an ass. Dude is an extreme Raven hater. These "experts" are supposed to be at least somewhat objectional, but Bayless makes it so damn obvious. I hope ESPN fires the douche bag sometime soon.
    ESPN won't fire him, they need him for ratings. People keep saying he acts the way he does to just stir the pot but I've been watching him and reading his articles for years and he has said more than once that he is serious about opinions. He has admitted that he does not try to stir the pot, he actually believes what he says. He's wired differently than most people. He can gloat about the Ravens problems all he wants but his beloved Oklahoma Sooners still lost at home to Texas Tech who has suffered three straight blowout losses (two at home) since beating the Sooners. Skip Bayless is no actor, he is as you said a douche bag.

7. Re: John Harbaugh

His statement makes no sense. He points to coaching errors and then all of a sudden blames it on Joe like Joe was the one who decided to throw 52 times. Ughhh Skip the pip.

Wasn't harbaugh a special teams coach?!?! I'm pretty sure Special Teams cost us the game....... 2 fumbles inside the 20.... 2 missed field goals; leaving them on the 40.... Thats a lot of points to spot any team. The whole team was dumbfounded at that point. Thats on the coach to rally the troops.

Keeping Reed in after the first fumble... I get the point... "I have faith in you"... still dumb...

The challenge at the end was just dumb and desprate... and wasted a time out. Even though at that point? what-ever...

The reason we've lost to these bad teams is turning the ball over early and often and spotting them point. Then hoping you can play from behind.

Its sort of liking spotting your retarded friend who sucks at madden points, so they'll think theyre doing good, then losing to them.

This was Harbs worst game of the season, no question.

Quote Originally Posted by alienrace View Post
    This was Harbs worst game of the season, no question.
    I think it's a 3 way tie with Tennessee and Jacksonville. All three were poorly coached games.
    Boh

The sad thing is while we beat the Steelers we can't put away the teams we use to be able to. It's also well know the Ravens locker isn't crazy about Harbs. It's more like we know we have to work together so let's make the best of it environment.

Blog Entries

So after sleeping on this loss, Im even more pissed at Harbaugh. The guy is a good coach and im a supporter, but the fact that this team has a habit of being unfocused and playing uninspired means something and should be noted. whatever the reason, Harbs needs to correct it or this season is a loss. I just cant imagine why David Reed was allowed back out there. one look at him and you could tell he just didnt have it at all today, no confidence. Its one thing to trust in your players and coaches to make the play and turn a bad performance around but its another to let them go on to the detriment of the team.
    -JAB