Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 209
  1. #76
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Westminster (FORMER Training Camp)
    Posts
    1,192

    Re: Harbaugh Supports Cam's decision to Pass!!!



    There is a constant thread that people expect a HC to verbalize everything so the fans are happy that their feelings are validated. Most of the comments are the last thing that would realistically happen in the real world, and would suggest a lack of a "foxhole" mentality. What is on the surface does mean it is what is real; otherwise "tell-all" books would not be popular.

    I am an attorney. If I opened an office I could not cover all of the areas of the law because some are not in my menu. I would hire associates with a focus in those areas. I would not at any time intervene to tell them how to do their line of work. I would control how they deal with clients, the business practices and the costs, but if it came down to a client versus the associate, I would publicly support the latter unless it was an offense that caused termination. I may rip them a new one behind closed doors, but it would not be in front of the staff either. And if how they handled their line of work was questionable, eventually they are gone. Coming out in the public and ripping your people is a recipe for disaster.

    I watched the sidelines at the Cardinals game. In the first half, I saw Harbaugh slowly wander near Cameron, then stop and I saw his lips move. Cameron picked his head up suddenly, then put it down and stared at his sheet without moving. Harbaugh just stood there moving his lips, then turned around abruptly and walked up the sideline. He never looked on the field, and was staring toward the endzone. My impression was that he was controlled in what he was saying and how he was saying it. Was he giving any comments without giving any video for discussion? Who knows?

    There are some issues under the surface. The team is 6-3 right now. If they go 4-3, then they are 10-6. If they find a way to push past any boiling issue, then it could be better. The challenge to Harbaugh right now is to find a way to pull all of this together and avoid a meltdown. There are a ton of egos bouncing off the walls of all of the rooms in Owings Mills.




  2. #77
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Wilton, CT
    Posts
    16,038
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Harbaugh Supports Cam's decision to Pass!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by JeromeBettis63 View Post
    I am saying the gatorade bath represents a mindset. In my opinion its not the mindset of a championship team. I think it is part of some systemic issues for your team. I think Harbs pressers reveal that.
    I agree with you. It was way over the top and not something a team that expects to win a Championship would do.
    He Who Dares.....Wins




  3. #78
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Blair (aka Bel Air)
    Posts
    912

    Re: Harbaugh Supports Cam's decision to Pass!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by JeromeBettis63 View Post
    I am saying the gatorade bath represents a mindset. In my opinion its not the mindset of a championship team. I think it is part of some systemic issues for your team. I think Harbs pressers reveal that.
    This is spot on. I'm relatively new here, so my troll ears were up, but I think this is an absolute honest assessment.

    John Harbaugh is incapable of PREPARING FOR SUCCESS, and it trickles down (I wonder if he is altogether ignored in some circles in the locker room). I am curious as to your take from a Steeler bent - do you think the talent is there, and it is the leadership that is failing?




  4. #79
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Greensboro, North Carolina
    Posts
    5,171
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Is Harbaugh Andy Reid lite?

    Andy Reid has been to a Superbowl. And they lost by 3 points to the Cheatriots. There is a very good chance that the Eagles were victims of spygate.

    Having said that I'd prefer to think of the Ravens as the next group of Colts instead of Eagles lite. How many times in a row did the Colts have 10+ win seasons and make the playoffs before finally reaching and winning a Superbowl? It was like 6.

    The problem for Ravens fans isnt even that the Steelers have won it recently. It's that we've got aging players whose windows are closing, Ray and Ed namely. Ravens fans seem to feel like if we don't win it while they are still here its no point. I'd love to see those guys get rings, especially Ed, but I disagree. If we win before they retire thats great but if its after they are gone.... thats great to.




  5. #80
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Arbutus
    Posts
    1,875

    Re: John Harbaugh - Handed the keys to the car but failed the regular maintenance

    Quote Originally Posted by Ngata Nother Suggs View Post
    Anyway, remember that Harbaugh got a glowing recomendation from Bill Belichick. He told the Ravens that he would be a good hire, and that a lot of practical coaching experience was overrated.

    Maybe Bellicheat was just trying to stack the AFC deck in his favor.....








  6. #81

    Re: Harbaugh Supports Cam's decision to Pass!!!

    Youre upset over a gatorade bath and claiming that because the players did that, that the coach isnt championship caliber? Id sooner say that the fact that Harbs doesnt have them focused AFTER an emotional win is the telling sign. I dont think the gatorade bath shows anything except that beating the Steelers is important to this team which it is because we have to get through them to get to the championship. Im not sure what the problem with focus is, but that should be your argument not that they celebrate emotional wins. Ive seen every team in the league do that, including your Steelers. I love that Steelers fans seem so quick to point out the Ravens flaws this week while completely ignoring the fact that they lost to them twice and in doing so are pointing out their own flaws. If were that horrible they should have beat us and they couldnt.
    -JAB




  7. #82
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Venice Florida
    Posts
    273

    Re: John Harbaugh - Handed the keys to the car but failed the regular maintenance

    "If so, I submit most humbly that all posters bow and grovel in fear of being bound to a rock until Ragnarok loosens all fetters."

    Icelandic references: Mondo Cool




  8. #83

    Re: Harbaugh Supports Cam's decision to Pass!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Youre upset over a gatorade bath and claiming that because the players did that, that the coach isnt championship caliber? Id sooner say that the fact that Harbs doesnt have them focused AFTER an emotional win is the telling sign. I dont think the gatorade bath shows anything except that beating the Steelers is important to this team which it is because we have to get through them to get to the championship. Im not sure what the problem with focus is, but that should be your argument not that they celebrate emotional wins. Ive seen every team in the league do that, including your Steelers. I love that Steelers fans seem so quick to point out the Ravens flaws this week while completely ignoring the fact that they lost to them twice and in doing so are pointing out their own flaws. If were that horrible they should have beat us and they couldnt.
    JAB, I think your post makes my point.

    First, I am not upset over it. I thought it was revealing of the Ravens mindset. Harbaugh is the one that creates the mindset and atmosphere that leads to that event happening. Second, the wins against the Steelers were big wins. I don't think the Ravens suck, I think they are a darn good football team. Heck, half the time I think my opinion of your team is higher than most of your own fans. That drive by Flacco and company was exactly the kind of thing it takes to win a championship. But those wins are gonna be fairly hollow if your team watches the Steelers advance further in the play-offs again. Maybe I will be dead wrong, maybe the Ravens will win it all this year...it wouldn't shock me...but gatorade baths at mid-season aren't helping them get there.




  9. #84

    Re: Harbaugh Supports Cam's decision to Pass!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by JeromeBettis63 View Post
    I am saying the gatorade bath represents a mindset. In my opinion its not the mindset of a championship team. I think it is part of some systemic issues for your team. I think Harbs pressers reveal that.
    Ha... so no other Champ team has ever given a Gatorade bath to a coach during the season?

    In my opinion you should worry about the Steelers end of season record and how it compares to the Ravens and not worry about a presser for the Ravens. Stir stir stir the pot.




  10. #85

    Re: Harbaugh Supports Cam's decision to Pass!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ngata Da Vida View Post
    This is spot on. I'm relatively new here, so my troll ears were up, but I think this is an absolute honest assessment.

    John Harbaugh is incapable of PREPARING FOR SUCCESS, and it trickles down (I wonder if he is altogether ignored in some circles in the locker room). I am curious as to your take from a Steeler bent - do you think the talent is there, and it is the leadership that is failing?
    The Pats have no D and the Steelers found a way to frustrate them which I think they can duplicate. The Jets haven't regained last years level of play yet and Sanchez is struggling. I am not buying the Texans yet and now Schaub is hurt. Bengals will not survive the stretch run...so, if my team is getting back to the Super Bowl, they are going to have to beat or outlast the Ravens. Ravens won a blow out and a close, come from behind road game against the Steelers. Do I think they have enough talent to win the AFC? Heck, ya. As a Steeler fan, I think to myself..."we have to contain Ray Rice, we have to contain Ray Rice"...but the guy is under-used. Why? Flacco had a nice drive to end that last game...but I would take that same scenario in a play-off game if it were offered....92 yds for a TD...and I would bet money. I don't think thats the Ravens formula for play-off win. They need a lead and a lot of Ray Rice. Both the Steelers and Ravens have flaws but in my opinion they are the two best teams in the AFC...and if coaching tips the scales in the Post Season Tourny...well, I like our chances. A gatorade bath in the AFC Championship game is appropriate...hope Tomlin ends up wet and cold.




  11. #86

    Re: Harbaugh Supports Cam's decision to Pass!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by terps19 View Post
    Ha... so no other Champ team has ever given a Gatorade bath to a coach during the season?

    In my opinion you should worry about the Steelers end of season record and how it compares to the Ravens and not worry about a presser for the Ravens. Stir stir stir the pot.
    I am not "worried' about it. I happen to think its a good thing for my team.




  12. #87

    Re: Harbaugh Supports Cam's decision to Pass!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by JeromeBettis63 View Post
    JAB, I think your post makes my point.

    First, I am not upset over it. I thought it was revealing of the Ravens mindset. Harbaugh is the one that creates the mindset and atmosphere that leads to that event happening. Second, the wins against the Steelers were big wins. I don't think the Ravens suck, I think they are a darn good football team. Heck, half the time I think my opinion of your team is higher than most of your own fans. That drive by Flacco and company was exactly the kind of thing it takes to win a championship. But those wins are gonna be fairly hollow if your team watches the Steelers advance further in the play-offs again. Maybe I will be dead wrong, maybe the Ravens will win it all this year...it wouldn't shock me...but gatorade baths at mid-season aren't helping them get there.
    I dont think its a bad thing for a team to have fun and be emotional. It takes that to win sometimes. his fault isnt that he allows this team to get emotional, its that he cant wrangle them back in after such a performance. I guess you can say he shouldnt be allowed to let the game get so personal for them, but at the same time i think thats one of the reasons we beat the Steelers twice this year. They took it personal and the Steelers comments on Flacco helped fuel that. I said myself on here, if we beat the Steelers twice but miss the playoffs it didnt mean anything. I dont see that happening personally because I think were just a better team this year, but obviously Harbaugh has to bring in the reigns to make sure they focus after wins, whether they pour gatorade on him or not.
    -JAB




  13. #88

    Re: Harbaugh Supports Cam's decision to Pass!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    I dont think its a bad thing for a team to have fun and be emotional. It takes that to win sometimes. his fault isnt that he allows this team to get emotional, its that he cant wrangle them back in after such a performance. I guess you can say he shouldnt be allowed to let the game get so personal for them, but at the same time i think thats one of the reasons we beat the Steelers twice this year. They took it personal and the Steelers comments on Flacco helped fuel that. I said myself on here, if we beat the Steelers twice but miss the playoffs it didnt mean anything. I dont see that happening personally because I think were just a better team this year, but obviously Harbaugh has to bring in the reigns to make sure they focus after wins, whether they pour gatorade on him or not.
    You are right about the emotion not being a bad thing. But its up to a coach to know what works and doesn't work for his team. So far the evidence this season is that the Ravens have looked like a second tier team in their post-Steeler match-ups. We all know the talent is there, so what is it? Maybe, rather than dumping confetti and releasing balloons, this team needs to walk off the field with their heads held high, go to the mic and say, "That was a good win for us today, now we have to get ready for Seattle."




  14. #89

    Re: Harbaugh Supports Cam's decision to Pass!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by JeromeBettis63 View Post
    You are right about the emotion not being a bad thing. But its up to a coach to know what works and doesn't work for his team. So far the evidence this season is that the Ravens have looked like a second tier team in their post-Steeler match-ups. We all know the talent is there, so what is it? Maybe, rather than dumping confetti and releasing balloons, this team needs to walk off the field with their heads held high, go to the mic and say, "That was a good win for us today, now we have to get ready for Seattle."
    It worked against Pittsburgh. we needed that win. If the other option is to lose to Pitt and beat Seattle, Ill take the conference and division win everytime. We still have the inside track for home field advantage because of the wins against Pitt not our loss to Seattle. Not that the Seattle loss doesnt hurt us.

    Before Pitt won their first SB with Roethlisberger they were every bit as emotional and wasteful with their Gatorade. A lot of that was for your monikers last season. your talking about the difference between a team that has won compared to a young team thats still hungry to win their first one. Could they act like theyve been there before? maybe, but they havent and thats why it matters so much for them. All of them.

    I dont remember confetti and balloons in Heinz Field, but Id agree that might be a little excessive for a visiting team's win. then again they did think they already won with 2 minutes to go so it probably wasnt for us anyway.
    -JAB




  15. #90

    Re: Harbaugh Supports Cam's decision to Pass!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    It worked against Pittsburgh. we needed that win. If the other option is to lose to Pitt and beat Seattle, Ill take the conference and division win everytime. We still have the inside track for home field advantage because of the wins against Pitt not our loss to Seattle. Not that the Seattle loss doesnt hurt us.

    Before Pitt won their first SB with Roethlisberger they were every bit as emotional and wasteful with their Gatorade. A lot of that was for your monikers last season. your talking about the difference between a team that has won compared to a young team thats still hungry to win their first one. Could they act like theyve been there before? maybe, but they havent and thats why it matters so much for them. All of them.

    I dont remember confetti and balloons in Heinz Field, but Id agree that might be a little excessive for a visiting team's win. then again they did think they already won with 2 minutes to go so it probably wasnt for us anyway.
    Thats fine, you can have it,...and I will take a Bill Bellicheck, Joe Torre, Scotty Bowman, Tony Larrusa, Phil Jackson, Vince Lombardi, Chuck Noll, Mike Tomlin type team that takes a win in stride, moves forward and wins titles.
    Last edited by JeromeBettis63; 11-15-2011 at 02:29 PM. Reason: added words




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland