Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thanksgiving tailgaters wanted!!

Hi there. I'm a reporter with the Baltimore Sun looking for Ravens fans who are planning elaborate Thanksgiving tailgates for the Nov. 24th Thanksgiving game. I'm looking for folks who are going BIG, essentially moving their Thanksgiving to Ravens Stadium for the game -- bringing turkeys, stuffing, family.....

If this is you, I'd love to talk with you ASAP for the story. Please message Jill Rosen at jill.rosen@baltsun.com.

Thanks everyone!

Re: Thanksgiving tailgaters wanted!!

I guess the reporters have to pay to use the Baltimore Sun forum now also...

Seriously though, welcome, I hope you get some good responses for your story.

3. Re: Thanksgiving tailgaters wanted!!

Thanks! I thought that someone one would know people who are planning something special....

Jill:

If I hear of anybody, I'll let you know. As for my family, most of us are PSL holders. We are delaying our Turkey Day for 24 hours. Everyone's off the Friday after Thanksgiving, so what better way to end Black Friday than with a huge turkey dinner! Good luck on your story and please tell your bosses to drop the toll for local news ;-)
    Last edited by da Blackbird; 11-15-2011 at 03:59 PM.

I sent your message to some PSL owners that aren't on the message boards. I'm sure they will be contacting you.

6. Re: Thanksgiving tailgaters wanted!!

Hey there da Blackbird could you message me direct at jill.rosen@baltsun.com? I want to ask you question about delaying your holiday.

And thanks so much SykesvilleRavensFan for helping out!

Blog Entries

We'll be deep frying a turkey down there along with bringing all the other goods. Lot O.
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

I just texted me buddy and it turns out we are supposed to be going all out during out tailgate, turkey and ham and more I can find out more details if need be. We tailgating in the lot around the corner for the dog pound.

Quote Originally Posted by JillRosen410 View Post
    Hey there da Blackbird could you message me direct at jill.rosen@baltsun.com? I want to ask you question about delaying your holiday.
    Hey there Jill - just dropped you an e-mail.

daBB

Wink Re: Thanksgiving tailgaters wanted!!

Jill:

We are going to have to skip tailgating, or, at most, just grab a beer and sandwich for 15-20 minutes with our tailgate group. Without starting another war here: some of us are quite pissed that Bisciotti actually volunteered :grbac: to have a home game on Thanksgiving night. Attending the game will be no problem (we never miss home games), but we are not going to forego the biggest family holiday, including entertaining out-of-town relatives & guests; therefore the tailgating will get eliminated or pinched.

There will thousands of others who either no-show or arrive late, likely for similar reasons.

Feel free to add that side of the Thanksgiving night game to your story!
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    Jill:

We are going to have to skip tailgating, or, at most, just grab a beer and sandwich for 15-20 minutes with our tailgate group. Without starting another war here: some of us are quite pissed that Bisciotti actually volunteered :grbac: to have a home game on Thanksgiving night. Attending the game will be no problem (we never miss home games), but we are not going to forego the biggest family holiday, including entertaining out-of-town relatives & guests; therefore the tailgating will get eliminated or pinched.

There will thousands of others who either no-show or arrive late, likely for similar reasons.

Feel free to add that side of the Thanksgiving night game to your story!
    This.:grbac:

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    Jill:

I'm not going to get into whether or not we should be happy or pissed about a home thanksgiving game because that has been discussed several times in other threads.

I really don't think there will be several thousand no shows or late arrivals. yes there were a lot of no shows and empty seats when we played on x-mas a few years ago but the team wasn't playing well that year and it was pretty cold. This year we are competing for the division title and #1 overall seed and we are playing one of the best teams in the NFL and Harbs brother and it will not be as cold. Another good indicator of what the crowd will be like I hear people all the time trying to get tickets for the game where as when we played on x-mas people were trying to get rid of their tickets and get rid of them at a lower then face value price. Also I just looked on a few broker sites and it will still cost you $125+ just to get a ticket in the upper corners so there is still a pretty good demand.