Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Blog Entries

Re: Tied for 3rd in drops this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    There were going to be growing pains when you are playing with two first year "starters" at TE and have two rookie WRs playing significant roles in your passing offense. I'm not really surprised by it. They will be better in the coming years.
    Exactly why they should be running the ball more.

And exactly why the Ravens need to ride out the Evans injury and NOT IR him.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by terps19 View Post
    And exactly why the Ravens need to ride out the Evans injury and NOT IR him.
    Pretty sure that's why they haven't IR'ed him, haha.

He's been practicing for the past week or so. It'd be nice to see him back out there this weekend against Cinci and against the Niners on Thanksgiving.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Pretty sure that's why they haven't IR'ed him, haha.

He's been practicing for the past week or so. It'd be nice to see him back out there this weekend against Cinci and against the Niners on Thanksgiving.
    I sure hope he sees the field this weekend. THere was just so much clamoring to IR Evans and get a "vet" WR... I have been on the lets ride it out boat and hope Evans gets back. I sure hope I am right.

Quote Originally Posted by Sua Sponte View Post
    Thanks for pointing that out Captian Obvious.
    So I guess that means your team didn't execute in 2 games this year?
    Absolutely correct...Ravens executed better, thats why they won. But there is a whole thread in here with people going apoplectic because Harbaugh said, "we didn't execute" in the press conference....so its not obvious to some people, Cap'n.

Quote Originally Posted by Firststater View Post
    As I have repeated a number of times, that controversial incompletion in the EZ was not a dropped ball. I think Smith officially had one other drop before that game. Compare that with the number of overthrows for potential TDs to him this year.
    You can have a differing opinion on the subject, that's your prerogative. If a pass hits a receiver in the hands in the NFL and he doesn't get clobbered by the defender while attempting to catch it, I consider it a drop.

If a receiver short arms a pass over his shoulder and his hands would have been in a position to make contact with the ball had he NOT shortened up his arms (giving him a much better chance to catch the ball than if his hands don't touch the ball :D ), I consider it a drop.

If a receiver slows down his route and then has to speed up and ends up laying out for the ball, it really isn't the QB overthrowing the ball, it's the receiver under running it. Torrey has copped to this at least once this season, but I expect he has done it several times.