Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Matt Schaub down for the count

Any word on who they might bring in to back up or start over Leinhart?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SouthSide View Post
    Any word on who they might bring in to back up or start over Leinhart?
    Kubiak is praising Leinert and says he's ready to go. Sounds like they're planning for him to be the guy the rest of the season.

Heard someone on SiriusNFL point out that going from a righty to a lefty in that offense is not easy due to the blocking assignments, etc. all favoring a right hander. Not sure how much of a problem that will be but I suspect they're gonna run the ball a LOT
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

I kinda feel bad for Texans fans. Never made the playoffs before, and they're finally primed to make a run in a wide-open AFC, in a division where the perennial top dog is down for the count.....and they lose Schaub, Johnson, and Williams for extended periods of time. That's gotta be frustrating.

Also brings some bad news for the AFC North, as the Bengals still have to play these guys, and I was counting on Schaub and a healthy Johnson to give them a loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Kubiak is praising Leinert and says he's ready to go. Sounds like they're planning for him to be the guy the rest of the season.

Heard someone on SiriusNFL point out that going from a righty to a lefty in that offense is not easy due to the blocking assignments, etc. all favoring a right hander. Not sure how much of a problem that will be but I suspect they're gonna run the ball a LOT
    They will run the ball a lot. But they will become grossly one dimensional. The better defenses will commit to stopping Foster, and dare Leinhart to beat them - and he won't. They still have the Jags, Falcons, Bengals, Panthers, and Titans on their schedule. I believe they all have decent defenses.

At least this week is a Bye and they have a week to get Leinhart ready.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SouthSide View Post
    They will run the ball a lot. But they will become grossly one dimensional. The better defenses will commit to stopping Foster, and dare Leinhart to beat them - and he won't. They still have the Jags, Falcons, Bengals, Panthers, and Titans on their schedule. I believe they all have decent defenses.

At least this week is a Bye and they have a week to get Leinhart ready.
    There seem to be a bunch of one dimensional teams out there this year, including the Ravens. Every team has already committed to stopping the Texans running game since Johnson went out 7 weeks ago. The Ravens were really the only ones able to do it. Obviously this hurts but with that running game it's not nearly as bad as what some other teams are going through, like the Chiefs for example.
    He Who Dares.....Wins