Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Rice Very Upset with Game Plan

Quote Originally Posted by RavensNTerps View Post
    I love that 2/3 of the people bitching about abandoning the run were the ones saying "see what happens when we just put joe in the shot gun and go no huddle!!!" after the 2nd half against Arizona.
    But you can't do it every possession. And it wasn't like they were fighting back from 24 points down.

The game was still well within reach until the 4th quarter. Especially with Joe throwing high and the receivers dropping passes, you at least try to feed Rice and see if you can loosen up the secondary.

We played RIGHT into Pete Carroll's gameplan. In fact he said he was hoping for this to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    We played RIGHT into Pete Carroll's gameplan. In fact he said he was hoping for this to happen.
    http://blog.seattlepi.com/football/2...n-over-ravens/

Coach Pete Carroll,(On whether he was surprised Baltimore threw the ball so much) “There’s been games where they have gone like this. I was kind of hoping that it would go like this, where they wouldn’t feature [the run] as much so they wouldn’t be balanced out. We got up enough and at halftime they decided they were going to throw the football, so that we didn’t see much of the running game at all.”

3. Re: Rice Very Upset with Game Plan

I can't see us going to a SB this year or any year if Cam is still around. They should get rid of him now because he'll be gone by the end of the year. Why not pull the plug and get someone like Wilbert Montgomery in there who will stick to the run game while maintaining a nice balanced and cohesive offense. I think we have the talent offensively.

Problem here is Harbaugh knows nothing about offense or defense. He is over his head as a HC.

Quote Originally Posted by Lime in the Coconut View Post
    I can't see us going to a SB this year or any year if Cam is still around. They should get rid of him now because he'll be gone by the end of the year. Why not pull the plug and get someone like Wilbert Montgomery in there who will stick to the run game while maintaining a nice balanced and cohesive offense. I think we have the talent offensively.
    On a similar note, wasn't it Montgomery who suggested to Cam last week to put Boldin in the slot, and then Boldin went crazy? Yesterday, there was Boldin being smothered by 6'3" corners and they didn't make the same adjustment. That was just surprising to me.

Our special teams put us in a hole, our Special Teams made us have to pass all game long. When we were within a 1 score game and could of possible had a final drive to win it, Defense couldn't stop the Seahawks.

These issues are Harbs and Cams faults?

1. Cut David Reed, find a better returner as he pretty much accounted for 13 points for Seattle. Make special teams run laps until they figure out how to play.

2. Defense....well, we need Ngata healthy and more of Jimmy Smith at this point.

3. Offense, please get Lee Evans back, the drops are unbelievable at this point.
    ::Flacco Superstar::

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    On a similar note, wasn't it Montgomery who suggested to Cam last week to put Boldin in the slot, and then Boldin went crazy? Yesterday, there was Boldin being smothered by 6'3" corners and they didn't make the same adjustment. That was just surprising to me.
    Yup.

Montgomery and Rice are also the guys who told Cam to start running the ball against the Jets in the 2nd half.

Maybe Montgomery should be doing stuff...
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Yup.

Montgomery and Rice are also the guys who told Cam to start running the ball against the Jets in the 2nd half.

Maybe Montgomery should be doing stuff...
    Montgomery is also the guy that told Cam to put Boldin in the slot during the game winning drive against the Steelers.

I think the coaches are smarter than we give them credit for and are doing their best with what they have--I don't want to beat a dead horse.....but we are short at RB at the moment. Thats not on the coaches its on the GM.
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Ravenous, that was a good one. In all seriousness, he should be punching Cam after every drive that he doesn't touch the ball more than anyone but Joe... GIVE HIM THE ROCK!

Quote Originally Posted by TTRaven View Post
    Montgomery is also the guy that told Cam to put Boldin in the slot during the game winning drive against the Steelers.

How about Montgomery for Offensive Coordinator. I think he has a lot of common sense - much more than Cam or Harbaugh seem to have.

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfaninhbg View Post
    In a weird way, I didnt have a problem with Cam gameplan. He was working from behind right away and Seattle has a VERY stout run defense. I dont love Rice only getting 8 touches, but what are you gonna do when ONE player throws away the entire game for you? You really can blame David Reed for this loss and feel fine about it. Plus Joe had good momentum from the squeeler game and he really didnt look bad sunday either. For every over thrown ball, our wideouts were flubbing passes that hit them in the goddamn hands. Argument for reals?
    I though Flacco had a poor game overall, especially early. Reed should be cut from the team immediately.
    Way Down South in New Orleans