Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your take

Blog Entries

Your take

After watching both the Ravens and New England yesterday, I wonder. Brady looks so comfortable in the formations and play calling that they run, Flacco on the other hand looks uncomfortable and some what lost. Brady seems to be able to find receivers on crossing patterns where as Joe doesn't(that's if we run any). I still think that no matter what they say, Joe and Cam are not on the same page. I'm trying to keep faith in coach Harb but getting tired of the same old excuse, "these things are fixable and they will get fixed".

Re: Your take

I think it's a week to week thing and depends if you win. Last week Flacco looked like Joe Montana on that final drive. Brady has looked bad in some of their teams losses. I'm not blaming Cam for yesterday's loss. I do not believe Brady has fared much better in regards to wins and lossed since Joe entered the leage.

David Reed's fumbles and Flacco's int (not Cam's fault) is what killed us. Plus the Ravens' "vaunted" D failed to stop them in the final 5 minutes - again not Cam's fault.

Don't fool yourself about it not being Cams fault.

The Ravens should have marched up and down the field on this team all day. The fact that they didn't has much to do with Cam as the earth's tides have to do with the moon.

Did you see Brady play yesterday - he ran when the Jets were not crowding the line and he threw when they stuffed the box. Cam does the EXACT opposite - time and time again.

Cam is the primary reason that the Ravens will have another failed, and underachieving season.

But at least Cam will be gone in January - and in the greater scheme of things - and for the sake of Joe's career - it will be worth it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rharris1986 View Post

The Ravens should have marched up and down the field on this team all day. The fact that they didn't has much to do with Cam as the earth's tides have to do with the moon.

Did you see Brady play yesterday - he ran when the Jets were not crowding the line and he threw when they stuffed the box. Cam does the EXACT opposite - time and time again.

Cam is the primary reason that the Ravens have another failed, and underachieving season.

But at least Cam will be gone in January - and in the greater scheme of things - and for the sake of Joe's career - it will be worth it.
    Flacco could've done that too, why didn't he check to the run?

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

at the end of the day the AFC is wide open. wihtout manning and a defense in NE this is our bet chance to get ot a SB game. however, without home playoff games we are kidding our selves.

we should be the underdog AT cleveland if history is any indicator.

to bad we don;t play pittsburg eveyr week.]

Quote Originally Posted by York View Post
    After watching both the Ravens and New England yesterday, I wonder. Brady looks so comfortable in the formations and play calling that they run, Flacco on the other hand looks uncomfortable and some what lost. Brady seems to be able to find receivers on crossing patterns where as Joe doesn't(that's if we run any). I still think that no matter what they say, Joe and Cam are not on the same page. I'm trying to keep faith in coach Harb but getting tired of the same old excuse, "these things are fixable and they will get fixed".
    DUDE!

Brady has been the starter in NE since 2001!

Flacco has been the starter in Balto. since 2008!

Tell me how Matty Ice is doin' then let's compare. Last I checked, his Oline was getting him crushed on a weekly basis, and he was having trouble combining wins despite his team selling the ranch to get him a WR!
    After 5 years of early exits, the journey is finally complete.

I think everyone can agree that comparing Brady to Joe is ridiculous, Joe will never be as good as Brady hell I think he has reached his ceiling now, 4 years in the league and only shown marginal improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by rharris1986 View Post

Cam is the primary reason that the Ravens will have another failed, and underachieving season.

I don't agree. It's not Cam's fault David Reed fumbled twice AND received a unsportsman like penalty putting the Ravens in a hole. It's not Cam's fault Joe threw the INT. Cam can't help it that our "vaunted" D couldn't stop their no-name QB with 5 minutes to go. It's not Cam's fault Joe overthrew Torrey Smith and Boldin as few times. Cam can't make the receivers catch the ball as well.

I think it's easy to blame Cam as he's been taking heat for quite a while now. But I saw a team that could have won the game yersterday had the players just executed.

Also, Cam and Harbaugh have both stated in the past that Joe has the ability to check out of plays if he wants. Why did Joe not check into a run?
    Last edited by RavensRock; 11-14-2011 at 10:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bengtc View Post
    Joe will never be as good as Brady hell I think he has reached his ceiling now, 4 years in the league and only shown marginal improvement.
    This is the dumbest statement I have ever read on this forum.

Go. Read. His. Career Stats.
    After 5 years of early exits, the journey is finally complete.

Quote Originally Posted by SC_Raven_Fan View Post

Well, to be fair, a lot of those stats are DOWN this year, right? I know comp% is... Just sayin'.

Also, not to put words in his mouth, but he may have meant mental ceiling. Joe has all the physical tools but I think his mind is going haywire with all the pressure he feels from the city, how much he dislikes Cam's system, how much he of course wants to win, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by RavensRock View Post
    It's not Cam's fault Joe threw the INT.
    It most certainly is. You are being highly narrow-sighted if you think otherwise.

#1- on a larger scale, it was Cameron's fault, because the Seattle defense KNEW we were going to be passing. There was no risk of the Ravens running the football, so you can gamble pass and be right every time.

#2- Even more specifically, it was Cameron's fault, because it was the 6th slant pass that he called in a span of 10 passes, going back to the 1st half. Being highly predictable (point #1) is one thing. Running the same play too frequently is even worse.

Quote Originally Posted by SC_Raven_Fan View Post

Thats a hyperbole!