Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 4 Timeouts

Re: 4 Timeouts

Quote Originally Posted by RedSkins Fury View Post
    I think it was the Boldin Bobble... Initially it was ruled a catch and the Ravens used a TO to stop the clock... Then the play was challenged from the booth. It was ruled an incomplete pass and the Ravens got the TO back.
    I recall that too!

Blog Entries

The Boldin bobble wouldn't affect the timeouts in the second half. It occurred with :16 left in the first half.

It's just a typo.

Quote Originally Posted by bacchys View Post
    The Boldin bobble wouldn't affect the timeouts in the second half. It occurred with :16 left in the first half.

It's just a typo.
    The Boldin "bobble" we are talking about was the one on the final drive... where he was coming across the field and appeared cough it up after he had caught... only to regain control on his way to the ground. All of it was ruled an incompletion upon review.

Blog Entries

The Boldin "bobble" we are talking about was the one on the final drive... where he was coming across the field and appeared cough it up after he had caught... only to regain control on his way to the ground. All of it was ruled an incompletion upon review.
    It was on the final drive of the first half. Boldin dropped one pass on the 92 yard winning drive, a 2nd and 10 pass with :23 left in the game. It wasn't bobbled. It went right through his hands.
    2-10-PIT 26 (:23) (Shotgun) 5-J.Flacco pass incomplete deep middle to 81-A.Boldin. Coverage by #22 Gay.
    The bobble, which was initially ruled a catch and later overturned after a booth ordered review occured with :16 left in the first half.
    1-10-PIT 42 (:16) (No Huddle, Shotgun) 5-J.Flacco pass short middle to 81-A.Boldin to PIT 31 for 11 yards (24-I.Taylor). The Replay Assistant challenged the pass completion ruling, and the play was REVERSED. (No Huddle, Shotgun) 5-J.Flacco pass incomplete short middle to 81-A.Boldin (24-I.Taylor).
    Last edited by bacchys; 11-11-2011 at 03:31 PM. Reason: Correct typo

We got our TO out back because the only reason we called TO is because it was ruled a catch. Once Tomlin challenged and they ruled incomplete we got our TO back because we never would have taken it if they had ruled it correctly from the start.

The bobble, which was initially ruled a catch and later overturned after a booth ordered review occured with :16 left in the first half.
    You are correct. move along... nothing to see here. lol

It's just a typo.
    I think typo is the correct explanation.
    The official nfl.com play-by-play shows timeout #2, timeout #3, timeout #4, but no timeout #1.

I think it was the Boldin Bobble... Initially it was ruled a catch and the Ravens used a TO to stop the clock... Then the play was challenged from the booth. It was ruled an incomplete pass and the Ravens got the TO back.
    That was the first half