Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thumbs down Re: Daunte Culpepper are the Ravens interested?

Quote Originally Posted by Baltoman07 View Post
    How can anyone say ANYTHING about Troy Smith? The more you say the stupider you sound.
    Easy: he's a six-footer who will charged by 6' 6" to 6' 8" lineman. He would be at a 6" to 8" height disadvantage. Does he have the leaping abaility and throwing motion to overcome such a disadvantage? Very few QBs that short have made it in the NFL in the modern era. (Look it up). He is likely more suited for the CFL or Arena League. That is why 31 other teams passed on him 4 or 5 times. He's a long shot. If he pays off - great gamble. If he doesn't make it: it was only a 5th rounder.

btw: Maybe it would be "stupid" would be to think that a 5th round 6-footer would be a lock to become a starter in the NFL, given history. It's even "stupider" to insult other board members for expressing opinions contrary to yours.
    Last edited by Mista T; 06-10-2007 at 12:23 AM.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Re: Daunte Culpepper are the Ravens interested?

I give up. It's a semantics thing. In my mind, a first for a first is a wash. We gave one up - we got one back. The only thing we "gave up" was that second round choice. In exchange we got Boller.
    It isn't semantics, it is simply math.

If we had not traded for Boller we would have had 2 other players picked, thus he costs us 2 draft picks while a pick made without an additional pick to move up only costs 1.

Hey, I am a Boller supporter but we used 2 of our draft picks to get Boller, not one.

3. As per KFFL. com

Ravens | Team not interested in Culpepper
    Sun, 10 Jun 2007 10:48:56 -0700

Tony Grossi, of the Cleveland Plain Dealer, reports the Baltimore Ravens will not try to sign Miami Dolphins QB Daunte Culpepper if he is released. :D

Quote Originally Posted by BlogimoreRavens View Post
    Hello, all! This is my first post on this site. I'm looking forward to participating in the 12th Man message boards.

My thoughts on Daunte: Hopefully Daunte costs us zero picks because hopefully Daunte is never a Baltimore Raven. I don't doubt that he might have some gas left in the tank, if he can ever get his knee right again, but regardless he's not a guy we need on our roster.
    Welcome to the board, Blogimore, and what a fine, sensible entrance you make.

:toast:
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Why trade for Culpepper, when We COULD go from McNair to McNabb, following next season!

Culpepper -> Baltimore was never wise, or likely, and now appears completely dead. RIP, thankfully.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    Culpepper -> Baltimore was never wise, or likely, and now appears completely dead. RIP, thankfully.

I still think the worst thing the Ravens could do is sign Culpepper, even for the League minimum and no draft picks!!
    ... They shall mount up with wings as Eagles;