Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Daunte Culpepper are the Ravens interested?

Now that the Dolphins have Trent Green, they want to trade Culpepper. Should the Ravens be interested? Since he's still may be banged up from his injury he may need another year of rest and that would mean he could take over for McNair the following year. Or do the Ravens think that Troy smith is going to be the man after McNair is gone?

Paul Stanley

Re: Daunte Culpepper are the Ravens interested?

If it weren't for salary cap ramifications: I would hire Culpepper in a heartbeat - subject to passing the physical. Miami rushed him back last season. When healthy, Culpepper can be one of the best in the league. He has a lot more football left in him at 30 than McNair does at 34.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

I think we'll be fine myself. In a year or two Smith should be good to go. And if we protect Steve like we did last year (only 17 sacks) he should be able to last another 2 years (hopefully).

Dante is good and all but we need to try for training up the youngin and I think Smith can do it if we (the team) train and cultivate him the right way.
    Keeping the purple flowing way out on the West Coast!

I want nothing to do with Culpepper!!!!! He has already proven he is worse than Boller without Randy Moss. In Fact, I think Boller would have been a perenial Pro-Bowler, if all he had to do was throw it as far as he could to Moss in his prime.

As soon as Moss was gone Culpepper was horrible until he got hurt and then Brad Johnson started winning with the exact same receivers that Culpepper could do nothing with!!

I was so glad the Ravens passed on him when he was available and would be shocked if they traded anything more than a practice squad player for him now!
    ... They shall mount up with wings as Eagles;

Wink Re: Daunte Culpepper are the Ravens interested?

Quote Originally Posted by Khaine View Post
    I think we'll be fine myself. In a year or two Smith should be good to go. And if we protect Steve like we did last year (only 17 sacks) he should be able to last another 2 years (hopefully).

Daunte is good and all but we need to try for training up the youngin and I think Smith can do it if we (the team) train and cultivate him the right way.
    I'd prefer a vet with a strong arm & a future -- if Boller cannot fulfill that role, Culpepper should.

As to the rookies and soph: this organization hasn't had much success in developing QBs over 11 seasons. It's a longshot for any of Smith, Finnerty, or Olsen to develop into an NFL starter.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

From the Glass Half Full depot:

We have five, count em' FIVE credible quarterbacks on board. The Ravens management may have to rent a portable de-egofier as it is. What we don't need is another glass.
    ENFORCE THE 1ST AMENDMENT WITH THE SECOND, NEVER DISARM

No way, no how, no chance. He hasn't put up good numbers in years b/c of injuries and no stud WR. He would be another QB project and I've seen enough of that already.

FM

Pass. I've been a Culpepper fan, but it appears his best days are in his rear view mirror. I hope he comes back somewhere and does well, but he's a risk at best right now. I would not be at all surprised if no one trades for him -- teams that are interested may just wait for the Dolphins to cut him.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwaihir View Post
    I want nothing to do with Culpepper!!!!! He has already proven he is worse than Boller without Randy Moss. In Fact, I think Boller would have been a perenial Pro-Bowler, if all he had to do was throw it as far as he could to Moss in his prime.

As soon as Moss was gone Culpepper was horrible until he got hurt and then Brad Johnson started winning with the exact same receivers that Culpepper could do nothing with!!

I was so glad the Ravens passed on him when he was available and would be shocked if they traded anything more than a practice squad player for him now!

Yeah I'm sorry Mr. T, you are way off on this one.

Culpepper was never a good QB. He was mobile and had a strong arm, and he had randy moss. That's it.

Culpepper was fine last year, it was his decision making that killed him. He threw into double coverage one too many times.

Quote Originally Posted by ClericBlackDave View Post
    Culpepper was fine last year, it was his decision making that killed him.
    Totally disagree that he "was fine last year" -- he did not look fit, even in the first game against the Steelers. He came back too soon. I'm not defending his decision making but he was not physically fine at all.

And all the "He was nothing without Moss" people are forgetting that he did just fine a few years back when Moss missed about half the season. He played very well when Moss was out.

But I'd still pass, due to his post-injury performance. He didn't look like the same guy to me.

And all the "He was nothing without Moss" people are forgetting that he did just fine a few years back when Moss missed about half the season. He played very well when Moss was out.
    WTF are you talking about HW? When did Moss miss half the season with the vikes? The most games he ever missed was 3.

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/12576
    WOW! I feel so fortunate that the Ravens did what they had to do to make this happen. Thank you. My Heart is with the Raven....My Heart is with Baltimore and its great fans. What can I say. Here We Go!!! --Ray Lewis
    No, Thank you Ray... :ww:
    -->^78F$09U&67D!45A#54R87B)89V<--

maybe two years ago. Today he can be Bollers water boy
    Living in Houston, Tx....still living, eating, breathing the Ravens