Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Daunte Culpepper are the Ravens interested?

He is a quality backup quarterback.

That is a fact.
    By who's standards? You want to give the guy credit for a couple of tip balls that went for TD's? OK fine but guess what he only has one win and one loss under his belt as a backup. That's hardly what I call a Quality backup. I don't know how he'd do on the road as a backup but from watching him play as a starter I have to think it wouldn't be good.

Look in the grand scheme of things Boller has given us crap and we should expect crap back if we decide to trade him if Daunte becomes a raven. If you meant full value as a 7th round pick, I apologize for jumping the gun with you but if you are expecting anything higher you're looney tunes.
    WOW! I feel so fortunate that the Ravens did what they had to do to make this happen. Thank you. My Heart is with the Raven....My Heart is with Baltimore and its great fans. What can I say. Here We Go!!! --Ray Lewis
    No, Thank you Ray... :ww:
    -->^78F$09U&67D!45A#54R87B)89V<--

Maybe a 4th. Heck if I'm going to debate the worthiness of Kyle Boller with a hater.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Im not a Boller hater.

a 4th? we could never get that high of a draft pick for Boller. Trent Green went for a 5th and he is so much better than Boller that it isnt even funny.
    WOW! I feel so fortunate that the Ravens did what they had to do to make this happen. Thank you. My Heart is with the Raven....My Heart is with Baltimore and its great fans. What can I say. Here We Go!!! --Ray Lewis
    No, Thank you Ray... :ww:
    -->^78F$09U&67D!45A#54R87B)89V<--

If interested I just blogged on this topic. Feel free to chime in on the blog entitled PLEASE PASS THE CULPEPPER.

Wink Re: Daunte Culpepper are the Ravens interested?

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    For many teams, backup quarterback is a position of need. For us, it isn't.

:2c:
    What???

Please enlighten me: how much NFL back-up experience do Finnerty, Olsen, and Smith have -- combined?

We have an old guy who is injury prone at the helm. We need a quality back-up more -- much more - than most other NFL teams.

Not that I think anything will ever happen here because our cap is already a bust -- and last I heard, Daunte was due $5.6 million. But - as much as I would like to see Culpepper in here to replace the aging & weak-armed McNair, it's not realistic due to Culpepper's injury worries.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

T - how can you want Culpepper over McNair? Culpepper has been absolute crap for the past 2 seasons, and now can't stay healthy. He wouldn't want to come here anyway unless he has a chance to start, and I just can't see them doing that to McNair after he was a 13 win quarterback last year (not to mention what we invested in him).

Besides, Boller is an adequate backup for this year, with Smith on third string.

If they were stupid enough to bring in Culpepper to replace McNair/Boller, you would be guaranteed of exactly one thing ----- 4-7 win seasons for as long as he was here!!! I guess that WOULD help us in the long run as we'd get some great draft picks!
    ... They shall mount up with wings as Eagles;

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    What???

Please enlighten me: how much NFL back-up experience do Finnerty, Olsen, and Smith have -- combined?
    :) T, you misunderstood me. It's not a position of need precisely *because* we have Boller. That's the value he brings to the table, and that's the value we would not see in a trade. If we trade him it *becomes* a position of need, though presumably Culpepper - who, like I said, I don't think is actually coming - would try to fill. But I'd rather have Boller then Culpepper as a backup anyway, with his experience in the system.

Sorry, my fault. I wasn't clear.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Dave Gladow of NFL.com thinks this wouldn't make sense for the Ravens...
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/10217364

There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarrely inexplicable…

There is another theory which states that this - has - already - happened…

"We don't have a town drunk...we all take turns..."

Quote Originally Posted by Losac View Post
    T - how can you want Culpepper over McNair?
    Just looking forward to the 2008 season. Culpepper will be 31 and hopefully fully healed. McNair will be 35 and his arm likely shot. Unless he can demonstrate that he can win a big game, I'd like to see him cut next June. There's no way that we could afford the cap hit of cutting McNair today plus Culpepper's salary plus negotiate Suggs' extension.

It's all b.s.: Culpepper is possibly still not ready this season, and likely not affordable in any event. His Miami contract is $5.6 million.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    Just looking forward to the 2008 season.
    Call me optimistic, but I think McNair has at least 2 more years left in him, and after that Troy Smith would be ready to take over. His intangibles already look great, and he'd have the time to sit on the bench and learn from McNair.

Bottom Line..Too much money...We have good young talent at QB. Dont do it!
    Living in Houston, Tx....still living, eating, breathing the Ravens