Are the Packers invincible?

Well according to much of the media they are.

I consider them to be the best team in football, but part of that is because I expect their defense to eventually start playing better. I also feel that their passing game is unstoppable at the moment.

However....are they unbeatable?

Their defense has been horrendous, and are the second worst in football, behind the Patriots. The Patriots seemed pretty tough until people figured out a way to slow their passing offense. Suddenly that porous defense was a huge liability. Could the same happen to the Pack?

On the face of it, I felt that Green Bay's receivers have the speed that New England's don't, and are much more difficult to stop in man coverage. I still believe that Green Bay has a superior offense to New England.

However....I just saw a stat that gives me pause. Green Bay hasn't faced a defense ranked above 14th all season.

It's something to think about when automatically coronating the Packers as the Lombardi winners this year.

Blog Entries

Re: Are the Packers invincible?

Will be interesting when they face the lions (twice) and they have to go to NY Giants.

They're not invinceable but they look like the best team in the league right now.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

No, they're not. Rodgers has been unbelievable so far - but keeping it up, a great and prolific passing game, for an entire season + playoffs when you get into the colder weather is very difficult. Obviously, playing in GB, better adapted to do it than a dome team.

However, all you need is Rodgers to have an off game and the Packers suddenly look a bit shaky. Not to an Indy or even NE level, but still shaky. To be expected, of course, Rodgers is their best player. However, you'd think it's going to happen eventually.

In 2007, Brady began to slow a little toward the end and the gloss of invincibility started to wear off. It mostly started in late November with narrow wins over the Eagles and Ravens. They still managed the regular season sweep, of course.

We're now heading into that same time period. We'll see just how good this Packers team is.

Blog Entries

just heard that they haven't trailed in the 4th quarter this year...

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Rodgers is this decade's Peyton Manning it seems.

As RWT said, Detroit, and maybe the Giants (depends which team shows up) are the only NFC teams I see that have a shot.

The Lions in particular. I see a defense that can put pressure on Rodgers, and an offense that can match Green Bay point for point.

The Lions game on Thanksgiving is going to be awesome. When was the last time we said that?

The only way to beat a team like the Packers is to have stellar defense with a deep secondary core, the ability to run the ball and a QB who can manage the game on 3rd down / avoid turnovers.

Not saying we would win that game, its a crap shoot but I do believe with our rediscovered ability to get pressure on the QB and our pretty decent depth at corner, defensively I think we could slow them down just enough to maybe win if the offense can pound the ball and convert on third in a fashion similar to the Steelers game last week.

Would take a great all around effort but the Ravens can beat this team.
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

They're pretty dang good. "Feels" a lot like the Patriots during their regular season sweep. That said, a bad game by Rogers (which in theory has to happen sometime) and I don't think they have what it takes to overcome.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenAggie2 View Post
    They're pretty dang good. "Feels" a lot like the Patriots during their regular season sweep. That said, a bad game by Rogers (which in theory has to happen sometime) and I don't think they have what it takes to overcome.
    Not even a little. The Packers D isn't even good let alone great like the Pats D was that year.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt

The 2007 Patiots were better. No way Green Bay goes undefeated.

Blog Entries

I think a team like the Bears of 49ers could knock them out of the playoffs if their repsective D's come to play.