Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Former Raven Jason Brown benched IN St. L

So a player with all the talent in the world isn't good enough for josh mcdaniels....lmao...I have seen this movie before.

Ozzie warned him about taking a few more $$$ and running to a loser......this is what you get.
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Blog Entries

Still have no idea why they would bench him. His play has not been bad and he's far from the biggest offensive problems they have. Must be something unrelated to the way he's played in games?

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Birk will be 36 next July. Gurode, a former pro-bowl Center, will be 33 March 2012. Solid Centers are known to play well into their 30's. I would not over-pay for Brown. If he wants to come back to Baltimore for a reasonable $alary, then so be it, otherwise let's draft a future Center in 2012... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ballhawk View Post
    So a player with all the talent in the world isn't good enough for josh mcdaniels....lmao...I have seen this movie before.
    That is EXACTLY what went through my head as well.

Good call.

I'd love to have him back in a Ravens' uni.

Also, the Rams are 1-7. It's hard to feel good about playing your ass off for a team that's going nowhere and has gone nowhere for the past two years.

I don't know how Steven Jackson does it.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Birk will be 36 next July. Gurode, a former pro-bowl Center, will be 33 March 2012. Solid Centers are known to play well into their 30's. I would not over-pay for Brown. If he wants to come back to Baltimore for a reasonable $alary, then so be it, otherwise let's draft a future Center in 2012... Bc
    Brown is 28 years old.

If the Rams cut him this off-season I'd be all over re-signing him and drafting a LT or ILB in the 1st round.

That is an Ozzie-esque move as well. Bolster a spot with a logical and fiscally responsible move allowing the focus to be shifted to 1 primary spot.

Brown as the starting center and Gurode as the back up. I like it.

Re-sign Grubbs and draft a young OT like Mike Adams and you've got a nice young OL with solid depth.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Brown is 28 years old.

If the Rams cut him this off-season I'd be all over re-signing him and drafting a LT or ILB in the 1st round.
    Wicked, I never mentioned drafting a Center in the 1st round. As for LT, I don't think the Ravens will draft high enough to get a top notch LT. ILB is a possibility because they're not usually top 10 picks. I'm sure Ozzie will get the "best player available" at pick #32 :) ... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by MarkS View Post
    Not sure who was grading him - if they're referring to grades given by some local sportswriter, I wouldn't say they count for that much.
    They are talking about the Rams grading him. I believe teams always go back to re-watch the previous game and "grade out" each player.
    I root for the Steelers; I root for their plane to go down.

I'd rather be dead than pessimistic.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Wicked, I never mentioned drafting a Center in the 1st round. As for LT, I don't think the Ravens will draft high enough to get a top notch LT. ILB is a possibility because they're not usually top 10 picks. I'm sure Ozzie will get the "best player available" at pick #32 :) ... Bc
    Well, the one LT I could see dropping down to where we'd be picking (hopefully at 32, haha) is Mike Adams out of Ohio State.

He's almost identical, physically, to Bryant McKinnie.

I don't think we'll take a center in round 1 either. Round 2 is certainly a possibility.

Right now there are two centers who are receiving the "low 1st round" possibility and that's Peter Konz out of Wisconsin and Mike Brewster from Ohio State. After those two guys it drops off tremendously.

Konz is an ideal center for Flacco as well given that Konz is 6'5" and 315lbs. Brewster is also 6'5" but is playing around 295lbs.

Barrett Jones (Alabama, 6'5" 312lbs) and Nate Potter (Boise St, 6'6" 300lbs) are two guys that I like as 2nd and 3rd round LT prospects. Jones has played RT, LT, LG, and RG at Alabama and done well at all four spots. He's currently at LT. Potter is tall and kind of lanky, so he might have to put on some weight to be competitive at the NFL level when dealing with bigger DE's, but he has great footwork and is a very good pass blocker and run blocker.

Honestly, Nate Potter is kind of my underdog LT in this draft. A lot of folks thought anthony Costanzo and Nate Solder were too "lanky" to be effective and I'm not sure if Costanzo is playing a whole lot yet in Indy, but Solder has been starting at RT and cycling over to LT for the Patriots and he's done a hell of a job. One thing I can say about Potter is that I've rarely seen him get beat around the edge by a speed rusher. He's got a really nice quick lateral movement. I'm not sure why some are grading him as a guard in the NFL. Maybe, but I think he could play LT as well.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Well, the one LT I could see dropping down to where we'd be picking (hopefully at 32, haha) is Mike Adams out of Ohio State.

He's almost identical, physically, to Bryant McKinnie.

I don't think we'll take a center in round 1 either. Round 2 is certainly a possibility.

Right now there are two centers who are receiving the "low 1st round" possibility and that's Peter Konz out of Wisconsin and Mike Brewster from Ohio State. After those two guys it drops off tremendously.

Konz is an ideal center for Flacco as well given that Konz is 6'5" and 315lbs. Brewster is also 6'5" but is playing around 295lbs.

Barrett Jones (Alabama, 6'5" 312lbs) and Nate Potter (Boise St, 6'6" 300lbs) are two guys that I like as 2nd and 3rd round LT prospects. Jones has played RT, LT, LG, and RG at Alabama and done well at all four spots. He's currently at LT. Potter is tall and kind of lanky, so he might have to put on some weight to be competitive at the NFL level when dealing with bigger DE's, but he has great footwork and is a very good pass blocker and run blocker.

Honestly, Nate Potter is kind of my underdog LT in this draft. A lot of folks thought anthony Costanzo and Nate Solder were too "lanky" to be effective and I'm not sure if Costanzo is playing a whole lot yet in Indy, but Solder has been starting at RT and cycling over to LT for the Patriots and he's done a hell of a job. One thing I can say about Potter is that I've rarely seen him get beat around the edge by a speed rusher. He's got a really nice quick lateral movement. I'm not sure why some are grading him as a guard in the NFL. Maybe, but I think he could play LT as well.
    I love it that you, and so many other Ravens fans, know so much more about the 2012 draft than I do. I'm going to note your OLine prospects since I don't get into it until after the Super Bowl is played. Perhaps, if the Ravens pick very low (which I feel they will do) and choose Konz as Gurode's back-up, it will bode well for us in the future... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post
    I've always heard this statement and I'm not sure it's as true as we'd like to think it to be....

Since 2000, former Ravens who left the team in their prime and flourished with a new team:

1)Priest Holmes
    2) Scott
    3) Leonhard
    4)Mughelli
    5)Aubrayo Franklin
    6)Stokley
    7) Chester Taylor (6 seasons after he left, he still is in the league....highly impressive for an NFL back to play 10 seasons)
    8) Jeff Mitchell (played 5 more seasons with Carolina, starting every game during that period of time)
    I listed Scott and Leonard as the exceptions, and obviously Priest Holmes is one. But none of the other people on this list went somewhere else and became a superstar or is really heard from again.

Chester Taylor wanted to be a starting RB. That didn't happen.

12. Re: Former Raven Jason Brown benched IN St. L

Got his money but now he has to play a bunch of games that don't mean anything for a team going nowhere. Hopefully he can get himself cut so the Ravens can bring him back next season.