Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Lee Evans returns to practice..

[QUOTE=Tucker: M&T Sec 527;344904]
    Quote Originally Posted by SugarRay52 View Post
    Have they owned Joe, or did Palmer own us (especially w/ the time he was given by "Grampa Greg's" defensive [non] schemes)?

Either way, Evans on the field can only help.
    Palmer's last decent game against us was years ago. If you look at the last 3 games we've played them in 09-10, the Bengals offense hardly did a thing, but the team won, or almost won, due to Flacco looking lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    Any word on whether Evans sufferred any ill-effects from practicing yesterday?
    RavensInsider Aaron Wilson

Lee evans said he had no setbacks and soreness isn't bad after yesterday's practice will practice again today

3. Re: Lee Evans returns to practice..

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Era at The U View Post
    30's prime, 22 is pre-prime. 30 is far from old for a WR. It's near the end of the line for RBs, but WR often excel in their early 30s.

He will help it a ton, I'm just hoping that they let him heal fully, those ankle things tend to come back if rushed. I'm hoping that's what the cause of the delay has been thus far, extra time.
    He wont recover from his injury as fast as he would have if he was 22. Not sure how else to explain that bud.

He might well be in his prime, but that injury might affect him. If he's 100 percent sure i mean lets go.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post

Lee evans said he had no setbacks and soreness isn't bad after yesterday's practice will practice again today
    fantastic..!!!:happyanim

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post

Thats really good, because with that type of injury if it flares up it normally does it right away. Still staying optimistic

Blog Entries

It would be really nice to test Evans out for a handful of snaps against Seattle, but if he can't go - or shouldn't go - then ok.

Let him work his way back up to full strength.

I don't think he'll take too many snaps away from Torrey Smith. Torrey is starting to get the hang of the offense and other than having a few drops here and there he's been doing quite well. Lee is another deep threat and the 3 WR sets are going to be scary now when you consider Lee on one side, Torrey on the other, and Boldin working the slot. It gives Boldin the opportunity to work against a teams' slot corner/nickel corner, which isn't always their best corner and it's actually more difficult to cover.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Evans won't play this week:

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/r...0,798886.story

Was really hoping he'd get 5-10 snaps this Sunday in advance of the Cincy game, but as long as he can go against the Bengals, I'm happy.

Just think about this... when we go three wide, other teams are going to be putting a #3 DB on either Boldin, Smith, or Evans. I don't think many teams have a guy good enough to match up.

The Ravens are looking good at receiver.

Quote Originally Posted by DvlsAdvc8 View Post
    Just think about this... when we go three wide, other teams are going to be putting a #3 DB on either Boldin, Smith, or Evans. I don't think many teams have a guy good enough to match up.

The Ravens are looking good at receiver.
    Having a 3rd speedster at WR opens up a lot of doors.. Just look at the opening day game film. The Steelers just didn't have an answer for all the offense we threw at them.

I still shutter to think about what will happen when we have a full healthy offense. Just so many weapons for Joe to use.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkS View Post
    Evans won't play this week:

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/r...0,798886.story

Was really hoping he'd get 5-10 snaps this Sunday in advance of the Cincy game, but as long as he can go against the Bengals, I'm happy.
    Thanks for the link. I liked the one lone soul who posted this in the comments section

MDSPORTSFAN at 3:41 PM November 11, 2011
    What a waste of money and a draft pick by the Ravens.. he was damaged goods when we traded for him

Man, I don't miss the stupidity of the Sun site. We are 1/2 of the way through our regular season and the only players we've IRed this year have been Burgess and Foxworth, two non-factors. That's incredibly good fortune and you find one nitwit bitching about Evans' injury.

We played the Pittsburgh game with 21 of our 22 opening day starters in the lineup and leave it to someone to moan about the one who didn't play.

Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post
    Thanks for the link. I liked the one lone soul who posted this in the comments section

MDSPORTSFAN at 3:41 PM November 11, 2011
    What a waste of money and a draft pick by the Ravens.. he was damaged goods when we traded for him

Man, I don't miss the stupidity of the Sun site. We are 1/2 of the way through our regular season and the only players we've IRed this year have been Burgess and Foxworth, two non-factors. That's incredibly good fortune and you find one nitwit bitching about Evans' injury.

We played the Pittsburgh game with 21 of our 22 opening day starters in the lineup and leave it to someone to moan about the one who didn't play.
    The guy you quoted is off base. Lee Evans was obtained for a 4th rounder, passed a physical (so there goes the 'damaged goods' theory) and is under contract through next year (that's 24 remaining regular season games plus playoffs for the math-challenged). He restructured his contract to a base salary less than a million dollars, and some of his contract is incentive-based. Unless he doesn't take a snap with the Ravens, it isn't a waste of anything. If he contributes, it's a sweet deal for Baltimore.