Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Half Way

Blog Entries

Half Way

In the 2000/01 playoffs, nobody wanted to face the Ravens (especially their historic defense). Now in 2011, our team is gelling into a mixture of defense (always strong), and offense (Joe's capable arm), plus an effective running game. Can you guys see this team, while it is still maturing (Torrey Smith, Q Wms, our 2 TEs, Jimmy Smith, McPhee, Kruger, etc.) elevating to the highest level? Well, I sure can... Bc

Blog Entries

Re: Half Way

I think their setbacks (TN, Jax) are a thing of the past. They won't look past Seattle or anyone else. We will find out this Sunday but I can see this team going a long way this year, maybe all the way!

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I think their setbacks (TN, Jax) are a thing of the past. They won't look past Seattle or anyone else. We will find out this Sunday but I can see this team going a long way this year, maybe all the way!
    rwt, I believe your post says a lot. Sometimes it's better to lose an early game so as to wake up to the late season. I see this 2011 Ravens team, especially after beating the Steelers in Pittsburgh, keeping their heads on straight... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I think the Jacksonville and Tennessee teams both posed matchup problems. On defense we didn't have anyone who could handle Britt, a physical specimen, at wide receiver. On defense we were just not scheming to stop the aerial attack at all.

On offense we weren't ready for whatever-the-hell they were doing. I didn't see people getting open, I didn't see anything working. I think we went into that game with the wrong toolbox.

Which I also think was the problem in Jacksonville. They were a top 10 defense and they sure as hell played like it.

But I do think we're better now than we were then.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Blog Entries

I'm not saying I expect an undefeated season from here on out, just that there won't be any more trap games. Time will tell...

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

iggyman555 Guest

if the ravens lose to Seattle i don't think we are going far in the playoffs. BUT i think we will beat them without a problem.

Let's see how we do against Cinci. They look a lot better than Tenn or Jax! :)

I think the Ravens lack of a power running game may come back to haunt them. The line doesn't seem to be able to make big holes, and while Rice is a nice dual threat, he isn't really a 3 yards and a cloud of dust type back, and neither is Ricky any more.

As long as Joe is on his game the Ravens can beat anyone.

But they seem to have a tough time eating clock and protecting a lead. Last second victories are exciting, but when you need them to overcome two teams who aren't even playoff material (Cards and Stoolers) it doesn't bode well for the caliber of teams you will be facing in January.

Unfortunately the Ravens are only a pick 6 away from losing to bad teams. The good teams are going to make those pick 6's.

Blog Entries

14-2.

It's happening.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    14-2.

It's happening.
    I think San Francisco and the Bungles will have something to say about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevlar View Post
    I think the Ravens lack of a power running game may come back to haunt them. The line doesn't seem to be able to make big holes, and while Rice is a nice dual threat, he isn't really a 3 yards and a cloud of dust type back, and neither is Ricky any more.

As long as Joe is on his game the Ravens can beat anyone.

But they seem to have a tough time eating clock and protecting a lead. Last second victories are exciting, but when you need them to overcome two teams who aren't even playoff material (Cards and Stoolers) it doesn't bode well for the caliber of teams you will be facing in January.

Unfortunately the Ravens are only a pick 6 away from losing to bad teams. The good teams are going to make those pick 6's.
    IF/WHEN Grubbs is fully healthy, we'll have two solid O'linemen (with Yanda). Oher make 2 1/2. Maybe that will be enough? When Oher is on his game, we SHOULD be able to run to the right. McKinnie certainly has not been a standout, and Birk is just winding down a fine career.

Cam has tweeked the offense with a degree of creativity that I did not think he had in him after the Jacksonville game. As though he has opened a door and Joe has walked through. The last six quarters of offense have been exceptional. I am humbled recalling the anger I had towards Cam after Jax.
    Here's hoping they keep it up.