Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Fyi - nfln replay tonight 8pm

Just watched it. We still won. :D

First, the commentary on the Giants - Pats game pretty much just described the game.

Sample commententary in the Ravens game :grbac::

"Oh they're really gonna be upset about that in Pittsburgh" (Comment after the PI Taylor made on Bolden. Note: There was no replay shown, & of course no mention of the questionable holding call on Rice's would be TD run, his non-TD whistled dead, or on the non-PI calls when Gay was pulling on Smith's jersey etc) :D

"Flacco! Flacco!" (Gratuitous shot of Steeler Fans jeering Flacco after Harrison forced the fumble)

"Big Ben gets them rolling!" (Jubilation in the ensuing Pitt TD drive).

Sympathy shots of Hines Ward on the sideline.

"Can Flacco finally overcome his nemesis at Heinz field?" (I guess they forgot about the game winning TD pass he threw to Houshmanzadah in Pitt last year. BTW there was no confirming comment that he had in fact overcome anything at he end of this game either)

"He acted like a veteran and got away with that nudge" (Comment after Torrey Smith caught the game winning TD pass, apparently trying to change a blatant PI call on Gay into a push off by Smith)

"1st and Ten" (Referee's mistaken call he later corrected to "Touchdown." You know that was a critical part of the game they just had to show).

So maybe it's just me , but after seeing the NFL Films presentation, I have seen the error of my original perceptions when I first watched the game live. I now have a totally different viewpoint of the game thanks to NFL films, as follows ;) :

The Steelers should have won the game. The Ravens only won because they were helped by penalties. Flacco didn't prove anything. He's still pretty much a joke. The Refs proved their incompetence.

Thank you Mr. Collingsworth. Now that I've seen your version of the truth, I don't feel quite so joyous as i did the other night.

Thanks for setting me straight.
    Last edited by Real Fan Dan; 11-08-2011 at 11:57 PM.
    Twenty years of Cheers.
    Thanks Baltimore Ravens Fans - You're the Best!

The replay was horrible. You can't condense a great game like that into 30 minutes. I'd rather they pick the 4 best games and just replay the whole thing.

Blog Entries

I thought it was great

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!