Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Preston's latest Blog - same as it ever was....

That didn't take long, Preston in mid-season form - after ONE day of mandatory OTAs

Minicamp notes: Let the fun begin

The fun has already begun. Even before the regular season has started, offensive coordinator Rick Neuheisel has separated himself from the offense. Neuheisel has already stated that this is Brian Billick's offense and that Billick is calling the plays.

Neuheisel is a very smart man. He is very aware of the fact that the Ravens haven't had a very good offense since Billick became head coach in 1999, and despite some improvements last season, that basically remains unchanged. Neuheisel doesn't want to become the fall guy like former offensive coordinators Matt Cavanaugh and Jim Fassel. He's separating himself from this offense as if it had some incurable disease.

In all honesty, who can blame him? Cavanaugh and Fassel both got tickets out of town.
    Other (not so) illuminating notes:

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/spor...e_fun_beg.html
    Last edited by B-more Ravor; 06-05-2007 at 08:03 PM.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Re: Preston's latest Blog - same as it ever was....

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    That didn't take long, Preston in mid-season form - after ONE day of mandatory OTAs

Other (not so) illuminating notes:

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/spor...e_fun_beg.html
    sounds right to me
    Living in Houston, Tx....still living, eating, breathing the Ravens

One wonders. I have no doubt that Rick is 100% commited towards helping the team go all the way, yet I think he is crafty enough to indeed 'distance' himself from BB's master plan in case things go bad offensively.

Do not ever make the mistake of underestimating Mr. Neuheisel. The man is a barracuda and I love having him on our side.

Rick is not the type to go down with the ship. No, he would be back on the fantail firing the .50 calibers until the waves were lapping at his feet and it was time to don the lifejacket and practice the breast stroke.
    ENFORCE THE 1ST AMENDMENT WITH THE SECOND, NEVER DISARM

Fassel the fall guy?! I guess he didn't see the offense improve under Billick. Eat another donut you fat pig!
    The Steelers: Still looking for a legit Super Bowl victory.

Quote Originally Posted by F Angelos View Post
    Fassel the fall guy?! I guess he didn't see the offense improve under Billick. Eat another donut you fat pig!

Exactly.

That's not to say there aren't continuing problems with the offense, but to say that Fassel was a fall guy when the offense improved after he left is just really reaching.

And, Cavanaugh got a ticket out of town after 6 poor season, during which Billick defending him all the way. After 6 years, that's not exactly getting railroaded - or being made the fall guy.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

:grbac:

I thought he did an excellent job covering lacrosse.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Mike Preston is one of the better editorialists that Baltimore sports has had in my 40 years. He consistently comes out with behind the scenes stories before the rest of the media. His boy Jamal is gone so it might be more difficult this year but he still has a keen insight and is not afraid to say what he thinks. I appreciate his columns immensely.

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    Mike Preston is one of the better editorialists that Baltimore sports has had in my 40 years. He consistently comes out with behind the scenes stories before the rest of the media. His boy Jamal is gone so it might be more difficult this year but he still has a keen insight and is not afraid to say what he thinks. I appreciate his columns immensely.
    How exactly is he coming out with 'behind the scenes stories before the rest of the media' with his raking BB again? And not acknowledging the substantial improvement in our offense after Fassel left?

I'm not afraid to say what *I* think, either. It doesn't make me smart, or fair, or a good writer. That so-called defense of Preston, that he's not afraid to call it as he sees it, is absurd.

As I've said before, he is the voice of the ignorant hater fan. He skulks around the locker room & coaching staff and finds unhappy people to tell him why they're unhappy.

Thanks, Mike. Why don't you stick to lacrosse and quit being a pipeline for the disgruntled Ravens.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.