The one play that I would have liked to have seen develop further...

Suggs leaps up and picks off Rothlisburger- and has nothing but green grass between him and the Steelers end zone. Suggs catches the ball, and then slips on that crappy surface and is covered-up. It still turned out to be a huge play, but i really would have like to have seen that one go further.

In most scenarios that is an automatic touchdown for a linebacker/end, but he did have Mike Wallace next to him, so I wonder how far he would have gotten before Wallace caught him? And I wonder if Suggs could have fought him off to get to the end zone...

Which brings up another point- when the hell is the NFL going to step in, and make sure that the Steelers put in a decent playing surface instead of using that crappy grass that looks like it came off of an elementary school kickball lot? Every step they took had dirt flying up in the air, and guys were sliding all over the place even though it was played in perfect weather- it's pathetic, and is an embarrassment to the NFL.

Re: The one play that I would have liked to have seen develop further...

I was thinking the same thing. It would have been really interesting to see Mike Wallace trying to tackle Suggs.

they had a game on that pitch on friday night and saturday night it said.. if they have that many games they need to put in a synthetic pitch

Blog Entries

If Suggs doesn't slip he's got nothing but green in front of him. He scores a TD if he doesn't slip.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

yup but I was just glad he held onto the ball. He was reading that play the entire time and then jumped the route - how in the world did BR miss him? ha - just glad he did

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by cbaywolf View Post
    In most scenarios that is an automatic touchdown for a linebacker/end, but he did have Mike Wallace next to him, so I wonder how far he would have gotten before Wallace caught him? And I wonder if Suggs could have fought him off to get to the end zone...
    Not very far lol. I'm wondering if Suggs could have stayed upright long enough for Ed to catch him and take a pitch to the house.
    Long days and pleasant nights.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    yup but I was just glad he held onto the ball. He was reading that play the entire time and then jumped the route - how in the world did BR miss him? ha - just glad he did
    Seriously.

Suggs is in Roethlisberger's head. He may not have sacked him last night, but he did just as much damage flushing him out of the pocket and then picking him off.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.