Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Re: Commentary on Tonights Game (Merged Threads)

For once I could tolerate Al " Bwaldymore" Michaels. He didn't make any subtle jabs at our team last night. I thought Collinsworth surprisingly was tame with his slobbing over the Steelers. I can't get over how, being that he played for the Bengals, Collinsworth can be such a Steelers fan.

Most of this talk is scripted by the producers anyway. Just sayin' ....
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Blog Entries

Re: Commentary on Tonights Game

Quote Originally Posted by RAVENOUS52 View Post
    Michaels was fine. Collinsworthless sounded like he should've been waving a piss colored towel...:grbac:
    I have to agree. Normally, I like Chris Collingsworth, but he was really getting under my skin last night. At the end there, he was still hoping for a comeback in the 8 seconds the Steelers had after the game-winning drive. And I don't think he was joking! The way he came across to me last night was that he had picked the Steelers to win (even if he wasn't allowed to disclose that because he was calling the game), and didn't want to be wrong. I think he is usually a good analyst, with good insights, but last night he was not able to prevent his bias from overcoming his objectivity.

Quote Originally Posted by JeromeBettis63 View Post
    The only "whiney" thing I am going to say is this. The game was decided by the teams, not the refs, however, I hope this puts to rest for good the idea that refs and the NFL favor the Steelers as there were plenty of calls and non-calls that could have gone the other way, even on the last drive. Any fan who is reasonably objective should be done with that garbage claim.
    *chuckle*

Fans of every team blame the Conspiracy of the Zebras, as you know.

This game was decided by the players and not the officials. There have been games where the officials at critical moments *did* decide games, though as you say I'm not sure this was one.

I've always ascribed it to incompetence instead of a conspiracy, though, so you're probably not talking to me. :)
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Quote Originally Posted by JeromeBettis63 View Post
    Should be an interesting stretch run and I wouldn't bet against a third game for all the marbles. If so, see you in January.
    Except this time, you'll have to come to OUR house.
    Lady Raven (aka Slinky)

*the poster formerly known as Raven31

Save The Last Dance (1/6/2013) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzZbWHjyqJY

Mile High Miracle (1/12/2013) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21ugOF34jhA

One DUMB thing I remember Collinsworth saying was that Big Ben's ability to keep a play alive and make something happen is something that "doesn't get talked about enough."

I guess as a commentator he doesn't watch a lot of Pittsburgh games. I pretty much thought that was his defining characteristic and I, for one, am tired of hearing about it.
    If life hands you a lemon... throw it at somebody!!

Quote Originally Posted by Llamablaster View Post
    One DUMB thing I remember Collinsworth saying was that Big Ben's ability to keep a play alive and make something happen is something that "doesn't get talked about enough."

I guess as a commentator he doesn't watch a lot of Pittsburgh games. I pretty much thought that was his defining characteristic and I, for one, am tired of hearing about it.
    I ranted about it a few posts up.

Quote Originally Posted by MattSG View Post
    Al " Bwaldymore" Michaels
    I don't think he pronunciates well... You notice that he always says "Pissburgh"?

Re: Commentary on Tonights Game

Quote Originally Posted by Teavo View Post
    Wait a second guys, did you catch it when Collinsworth and Michaels mentioned that the Steelers have the #2 defense in the NFL? I was wondering, because I think I might have heard them say it once, or maybe a few times, or maybe it was ten thousand times. Actually I think it was googolplex times.

And while they reveled in the Steelers #2 defense I think they mentioned, once, quietly, that the Ravens have the #1 defense. Shhhhh. Someone almost heard them say it, and might conclude that #1 is better than #2.

I just thought the emphasis was, you know, a little telling.

Pair of ballwashing losers.

I don't usually comment on commentary, but I thought I'd make a couple points here.

Chris and Al typically do a decent job in relation to their contemporaries. However, I thought they were below average (by their standards) last night. Several points were flat out wrong (Really, Al - Cory Redding is a "young and emerging star" on our DL?!), but my main issue was their constant need to tie in Steeler-related commentary to points that had nothing to do with them. Troy P was mentioned repeatedly at times it didn't even make sense. Chris has to mention Ben's SB winning drive w/ Holmes was 92 yards...right after Joe had led the Ravens on a 92 yard drive to win the game. etc. etc. etc. Must everything be connected back to the Steelers?

All in all, I found them to be pretty annoying last night.
    Last edited by BLSmokey; 11-07-2011 at 06:54 PM.

I think the thing that annoys me most about Collinsworth when watching Steeler games is how he goes on an on about Troy P even when the guy isn't doing too much. And to be fair I feel that he often does the same with Ray Lewis too.

Quote Originally Posted by KidSampson View Post
    I don't think he pronunciates well... You notice that he always says "Pissburgh"?
    lol, I haven't noticed that. I won't complain about that though. lol