Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lee Evans .....

Re: Lee Evans .....

Quote Originally Posted by mmi16 View Post
    Housh doesn't have the speed to be a replacement for Evans.

I mentioned the same on the Housh thread. And as I mentioned on this one, I don't see the return of Lee - or another FA WR acquisition - as the fix to offensive problems. Though he would be a welcomed addition when he is healthy.

Fixing the Left side of the OL is the best way to improve the offense. Not a getting a scrap heap FA WR. The return of Grubbs, the once "expendable" and once "not as important as Yanda" Guard, will be a big boost when he is healthy and ready to play...if ever.

Never thought I'd ever say this, BUT and IF the team needs to make a move.....T.O. is available and could be had for very cheap. Yes, he is likely a distraction, but he had 9 TD's last year and would be instantly better than any of our bench WR's. Just saying it should only be CONSIDERED.

Derek Hagan was just waived by the Raiders to make room for Houshmandzadeh today. He would not be a replacement for Lee Evans as he is not a speedster but he is a veteran receiver who has been productive when he's been on the field over the past 2 years. He is a 6th year veteran.

Perhaps most importantly, he is a very experienced and solid special teams player. That is crucial to the current Harbaugh regime and it behooves a #3 receiver on this team to play on all special teams units (which is why LaQuan Williams has played so extensively in that role).

He would add a bit of size to our receiving corps at 6'2 215. He would likely play at flanker in 3 receiver sets with Boldin moving to the slot.

Blog Entries

I've actually always liked Derek Hagan.

He was killing it this pre-season.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

His awful effect on team chemistry aside, TO's hands have been suspect for several years now.

I think we brought our date to the dance

7. Re: Lee Evans .....

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Who would you replace Evans with? Now that Housh is gone I don't see that savy vet out there in free agency.
    Terrel Owens if he is healthy. He would be a great fit for us. very physical and can get some tough yards for us.

Lol....Put Ngata on the Oline and Ed Reed as WR and sadly, it would probably fix the fuck out of this offense.

Blog Entries

TJ coming back made sense from the standpoint that he would know the offense. He's not a burner, but he knows the offense. In other words, TJ could come back here and probably play against the Steelers and at the very latest the following week.

TO coming here would mean he would have to learn an entirely new offense, terminology, etc. That's also assuming he'd be coming here in good football shape, which if you read the commentary from his work out, he's not in great football shape and he still is kind of hesitant on his knee. It's likely that he'd not really be able to contribute much for at least a month...maybe more.

Blog Entries

Honestly guys - with Lee Evans - I get the impression that he probably could have played for the past couple of weeks, but they felt that they'd rather let him rest and get good with the offense and have him fresh for the late push into the playoffs.

Think about it.

What is the one thing that most rookies have a hard time adjusting to? Playing 16 weeks versus 10-12 weeks in college. Rookies aren't used to playing through the entire month of December, January, and into February.

Having a fully healthy and rested Lee Evans come December/January will be a really great asset. Especially considering there is a distinct possibility that Torrey, Doss, and LaQuan may hit that rookie wall in a month or so.

Quote Originally Posted by mommathurgoesthatman View Post
    Terrel Owens if he is healthy. He would be a great fit for us. very physical and can get some tough yards for us.
    I hate that I'm even toying with the idea, but it wouldn't be a terrible fit.

First off, I think Owens' me-firstness my be tamed a bit by being on a team that already has a strong leadership structure in place.

Secondly, I think Owens' at this point, has different expectations for himself than 3-4 years ago when he was causing locker room problems. Not a single scout attended his work out. He is a month from turning 38. He is no longer in the drivers seat in any way.

Thirdly, I don't believe that TO went through all this rapid rehabing just to be able to play a half a season with someone. He is auditioning for a contract for next year. I think he wants to play into his 40s like Rice did. Dickhead or not, TO has always prided himself in being a freak of physical nature. He's taken immaculate care of himself. I think getting back on the field for anyone in 2011 is his objective....even if it simply as a #3 wideout for someone. He wants to cement his legacy as one of the best who defied age. Whoever gets him will get one motivated SOB.

Lastly, TO is one of the top 6-8 WRs in the history of the NFL. Derrick Mason, who is one month younger than TO, has had a great career. However, he has been nowhere as good as TO when you compare their careers side-by-side. At this point, I'd be tickled to get Mason back and have him out there as our chains-mover on 3rd down. TO, if healthy, is a superior talent who stretches the field out far differently than D-Mase. Let's not forget that he had nearly 750 yards in his first 8 games last year before he was slowed by injury. He can still play. As much as I love rooting for Laquan Williams to succeed, I'll root for a dickhead for 2-3 months if he puts us closer to a Super Bowl appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Honestly guys - with Lee Evans - I get the impression that he probably could have played for the past couple of weeks, but they felt that they'd rather let him rest and get good with the offense and have him fresh for the late push into the playoffs.
    That would be really nice if true. It would be awesome to have Q, Evans and Smith on the field at the same time.