Reversing Clearly wrong field calls...

I think we need some kind of modification to the challenge rule where

If the judge can easily see in the replay within the first 10-20 seconds that the call is wrong the team shouldn't be charged for it.

Non Ravens talk:
    Vick CLEARLY threw a legal pass but Reid had to challenge it becuase the refs on the field called it a backward pass...

Could you argue that "easily" seen is subjective? Probably I just that this was so blatantly wrong that I can't even figure out how they called it wrong.

Re: Reversing Clearly wrong field calls...

Quote Originally Posted by DarienA View Post
    I think we need some kind of modification to the challenge rule where

If the judge can easily see in the replay within the first 10-20 seconds that the call is wrong the team shouldn't be charged for it.

Non Ravens talk:
    Vick CLEARLY threw a legal pass but Reid had to challenge it becuase the refs on the field called it a backward pass...

Could you argue that "easily" seen is subjective? Probably I just that this was so blatantly wrong that I can't even figure out how they called it wrong.
    It is a quandry. The one thing that might influence this is being at field level. The fans and cameras se the game from above. The officials are at field level and on the filed, there is a lot of congestion and screened views.

Many fields are domed for drainage. At Pitt Stadium for example you could look across at the opposite sideline and see guys from the waist up.

I guess I get that, it was just that considering the amount of steps Vick took on that dropback it just seemed a really weird call to miss.

Quote Originally Posted by DarienA View Post
    I guess I get that, it was just that considering the amount of steps Vick took on that dropback it just seemed a really weird call to miss.
    The Vick call was puzzling. I agree with you.

I think the rule should be that you get two incorrect challenges. In other words, challenges are only deducted if they are upheld on review.

Currently, if I challenge and win two calls in a row, I get a third challenge If I challenge and win again, I'm out of options if the ref blows a fourth call.

The challenge system is designed to correct mistakes, I don't understand why they only let it correct a maximum of three mistakes per game.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Blog Entries

that call was a head scratcher - not even close.

I wish they would adopt the college system and stop going under that stupid hood to look at a tiny screen. Let the guys in the boot tell you. they are doing a hybrid of this for TD reviews

also if a team challenges a call and wins it, they should be allowed to keep their challenge.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!