Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: The Deep Throw to Torrey Smith

I rather it be overthrown then underthrown. It will come together.
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

Quote Originally Posted by Jayc00 View Post
    I rather it be overthrown then underthrown. It will come together.
    +1
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Quote Originally Posted by dscola31 View Post
    Seems to me like Torrey really doesn't speed up until the ball is thrown.
    That did happen a couple times... he did turn on the jets after ball was en route...

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    prepared to <spit> and <swear> at any minute.. blame it on PMS!

NEW AVATAR! I GOT A NEW AVATAR!

Next season, after a full off-season with training camps, etc., the Flacco / Smith connection will be consistant and deadly.

Right now, they are both still learning on the fly. In the meantime, I LOVE the separation that Smith is getting deep down field. Pluse his is showing that his hands are pretty Ok.

Its about timing and instincts / awareness of when the ball is out and when he needs to kick it in gear. Look at the progression of Wallace in Pittsburgh. It takes time.

Torrey will start learning how to time his burst to get were he needs to be. It will continue to get better.
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

I only heard the game on radio, but either Qadry or Stan White said something about Torrey not keeping himself balanced while sprinting.

Agree with the general things in this thread -- he is a bit inconsistent with the pace of his routes, slows down to locate the ball, or doesn't always finish routes at full speed.

He'll get it though. I don't have any concerns about him doing the work to add the little things he needs to become the best he can be -- which at this point would project to potentially one of top quality deep threats in the league for years to come.

I'm not worried about him at all. Look at how he has come since the preseason when he couldn't even handle the ball. He had a bad one today (pick) but he is catching most that come his way.

Quote Originally Posted by NC Raven View Post

He'll get it though. I don't have any concerns about him doing the work to add the little things he needs to become the best he can be -- which at this point would project to potentially one of top quality deep threats in the league for years to come.
    I feel the same way. Right now, if nothing else, it is obvious that Flacco has a lot of confidence in Torrey's deep-ball abilities, which is more than we can say about any receiver we've seen under his tenure not named Mason. If he can prove he is the hard working kid he was advertised in the draft, it will pay dividends for this team.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt

Umm, gotta give Torrey some of the blame too... Seems like he has trouble keeping his feet under him at times.

These are low percentage plays, thus the low percentage of completions.

I don't it has anything to do with timing, joe just doesn't have the consistent touch for those long throws, he is just not accurate on all his throws.

I am so tired of Smith being blamed for Flacco overthrows, underthrows, and where-ever throws. I am not even going to argue this stupid point. Most of the time Smith is ope as the ball sails way over his head, today, yesterday and day before. You can't count on one hand the number of balls Smith has dropped during the last 5 games. It is up to the QB to get the ball to the Receiver. Flacco finally did that today by simply getting rid of the ball quickly, allowing his receiver to make a play as the receiver is still adjusting, even though the receivers were all well covered.
    “Not bad for a running back.”