Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

Re: So is it safe to read the boards yet?

dsc-31--
    "Following every loss, I try not to read message boards..."

I think Monty Python said it best ---

"Run away, run away...."

Blog Entries
    Don't worry. We'll blow out the Cards and then just as many will be here posting about Super Bowls and even dynasties.

Blog Entries

Nah, Joe is dead meat on the boards and talk shows which are unbearable.

I stopped listening to them when Terry Ford begged callers not to call in about Joe.
    He couldn't take it anymore-lol.

Neither could I.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Don't worry. We'll blow out the Cards and then just as many will be here posting about Super Bowls and even dynasties.
    Believe it or not, they're almost as bad.

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Nah, Joe is dead meat on the boards and talk shows which are unbearable.

I stopped listening to them when Terry Ford begged callers not to call in about Joe.
    He couldn't take it anymore-lol.

Neither could I.
    I heard that. No Joe Thursdays or something. lol

Quote Originally Posted by RAVENOUS52 View Post

Man up, have a Miller Lite and gear up for this Sunday!
    Isn't that a paradox!?!?: ;)
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by dscola31 View Post
    Following every loss, I try not to read message boards or listen to Talk radio.

It just makes me realize how the few can become the majority.
    I'm still somewhere between stunned disbelief and gut-paining laughter over the fact that due to the injury to the late-obtained Evans, the Ravens entered this season with only one (1) experienced WR/TE, and yet everyone's talking about the O as if it should be a step behind Green Bay's and New England's.

I know everyone here thinks that Torrey Smith and Laquan Williams are the next Rice/Taylor tandem and that Dickson/Pitta are Gronk/Hernandez II, but the fact of the matter is that to date only Dickson has proven himself as even on-or-about an average player at his position, and even there I've haven't seen him be able to block worth a steamer, he's purely a receiving TE for the most part.

While there may be reason to believe that Smith, Williams, or Pitta may become above average at their positions in the future, the fact remains that as of now the best thing that we can say about the three is that they're raw and developing despite showing whatever promise they've shown.

Signing Evans was a great move. No one knew that he'd be horse-collared i a game that would take him out indefinitely. If he had been around, then the team wouldn't be so highly, if not ridiculously, dependent upon the premature development of rookies to play at tier-1 levels.

i.e. the expectations here, sans Evans in the WR-ing corps, are absurdly unreasonable.

Yet I have yet to hear a discussion besides one started by myself on the topic. I think I'm about as objective as they come here.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Era at The U View Post
    I'm still somewhere between stunned disbelief and gut-paining laughter over the fact that due to the injury to the late-obtained Evans, the Ravens entered this season with only one (1) experienced WR/TE, and yet everyone's talking about the O as if it should be a step behind Green Bay's and New England's.

I know everyone here thinks that Torrey Smith and Laquan Williams are the next Rice/Taylor tandem and that Dickson/Pitta are Gronk/Hernandez II, but the fact of the matter is that to date only Dickson has proven himself as even on-or-about an average player at his position, and even there I've haven't seen him be able to block worth a steamer, he's purely a receiving TE for the most part.

While there may be reason to believe that Smith, Williams, or Pitta may become above average at their positions in the future, the fact remains that as of now the best thing that we can say about the three is that they're raw and developing despite showing whatever promise they've shown.

Signing Evans was a great move. No one knew that he'd be horse-collared i a game that would take him out indefinitely. If he had been around, then the team wouldn't be so highly, if not ridiculously, dependent upon the premature development of rookies to play at tier-1 levels.

i.e. the expectations here, sans Evans in the WR-ing corps, are absurdly unreasonable.

Yet I have yet to hear a discussion besides one started by myself on the topic. I think I'm about as objective as they come here.
    I agree completely. Before we signed Evans there were so many threads about how the O would suffer.

We had a few good games without Evans and everyone seemed to forget we have Boldin playing out of position and are starting 2 rookies opposite him.

The other key is, I like many truly undervalued Grubbs, and his absence is truly causing a dominio effect in the run and pass game and not in a good way.

I think once we get Evans and Grubbs back this could be a very good O come playoff time, but we are all expecting way to much from an O that has injuries and players out of position.
    Hating Steeler Fans Since Birth

Section 126, Row 33

Lets Go Flacco :happyanim

Following every loss, I try not to read message boards or listen to Talk radio.

It just makes me realize how the few can become the majority.
    And beware, since the paywall, there are a few sunspot trolls "dressed up" and ringing the 24x7 doorbell this Halloween season...

:D

Don't run from the tidal wave, dscola... Embrace it.

Running from our glaring problems will never fix them.

Man up, have a Miller Lite and gear up for this Sunday!
    Well said, R52....my first toast of the game will come when (and if) our O gets a first down in the first half?! My last toast will be at games end if this Offense does not once again leave a monumental steamer in the middle of the field. Of course, Pittsburg is coming up, and we all know what this Offense does on the road this year!!
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

Blog Entries

Believe it or not, they're almost as bad.
    The guys who want to trade for Tebow are probably the same ones talking dynasties. Extremists make bad sports fans.

Blog Entries

Don't run from the tidal wave, dscola... Embrace it.

Running from our glaring problems will never fix them.

Man up, have a Clipper City Peg Leg Stout and gear up for this Sunday!

Fixed that for you.

There is nothing manly about Miller Lite.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.