Who audibles the O-line blocking assignments?

There were lots of times in the Jacksonville game where the blocking formations didn't seem right. I remember one play where 3 guys from the right side of the o-line were blocking the defensive tackle, leaving Ray Rice to try to block the defensive end all by himself (it didn't work out so well for us).

My question is, who is responsible for adjusting coverage at the line of scrimmage to make sure everyone is getting blocked? Is it Joe's responsibility? Matt Birk's?

Thanks
    Albert

Re: Who audibles the O-line blocking assignments?

Quote Originally Posted by AlbertN View Post
    There were lots of times in the Jacksonville game where the blocking formations didn't seem right. I remember one play where 3 guys from the right side of the o-line were blocking the defensive tackle, leaving Ray Rice to try to block the defensive end all by himself (it didn't work out so well for us).

My question is, who is responsible for adjusting coverage at the line of scrimmage to make sure everyone is getting blocked? Is it Joe's responsibility? Matt Birk's?

Thanks
    Albert
    I have no idea.

Usually it depends on the intelligence of your C and QB working together. Many centers make the calls, but IMHO, they always can't see what is going on on the end of the line or with LB's that are moving around a lot.

And you have a lot of QB's that you'll notice pointing out rushers...I notice that a LOT from virtually every "elite" QB and even some of the mediocre ones like Romo and Sanchez.

I VERY rarely recall seeing Joe doing that. I don't know if there is too much trust in Birk to do it all, or do the coaches and/or Joe feel that is too much on Joe's plate or unnecessary and pointless, or is Joe not capable of doing it?

Re: Who audibles the O-line blocking assignments?

That's easy. Nobody.