Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pats at Pitt

Re: Pats at Pitt

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    we'll know in a few days if they have a decent secondary. It's going to be a real chess match
    I don't think it is possible to stop that system. No one has done it. You have to outscore them. I would love ot see both teams in the thirties and make it an exciting game.

Brady does not pass into the secondary too much. Quick drop slants and screens are the rule of thumb. Which of course, is a weakness of the Steelers.

we'll know in a few days if they have a decent secondary. It's going to be a real chess match

I'm hoping the Pats win. That means the Steelers will definatyely win in a close one, on some fluke play.

Quote Originally Posted by bensmotorcyclehelmt View Post
    I'm hoping the Pats win. That means the Steelers will definatyely win in a close one, on some fluke play.
    Take a peek at team records since the merger and then tell me about flukes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_sta...AFL-NFL_merger

I know enough to know who got fat on roids (and wins) during the 70s.

That doesn't change reality.

Look at how the Steelers seasons have actually developed in the past few year and tell me they REALLY earned the SB in Seattle, earned the win in Buffalo last year, or earned the Miami win last year... etc. etc.

You can't make this stuff up:

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10297/1097797-100.stm

The Steelers defeated the Miami Dolphins, 23-22, today in a most bizarre of rulings by an official, who happens to be a native of the Pittsburgh area.

Trailing by two points with the ball on the two and third down, Ben Roethlisberger, from the shotgun formation, took the snap and ran a quarterback draw. As he dived for the goalline, safety Chris Clemons hit him and popped the ball loose. The officials ruled that it was a touchdown.

Miami coach Tony Sporano challenged the play, and after reviewing it, referee Gene Steratore, who lives in Washington, Pa., ruled it a fumble. However, Steratore could not determine who had recovered the ball in the end zone, and none of the officials apparently saw who recovered after they ruled Roethlisberger had scored.

It appeared that two Dolphins had jumped on the loose ball in the end zone.

So, instead of Miami getting the ball at the 20 after a touchback, the officials ruled the Steelers had the ball on fourth down at the one, where Roethlisberger had "fumbled" it.

Jeff Reed then kicked an 18-yard field goal to put the Steelers ahead by one point with 2:26 to go.

Quote Originally Posted by bensmotorcyclehelmt View Post
    I know enough to know who got fat on roids (and wins) during the 70s.

That doesn't change reality.

Look at how the Steelers seasons have actually developed in the past few year and tell me they REALLY earned the SB in Seattle, earned the win in Buffalo last year, or earned the Miami win last year... etc. etc.

You can't make this stuff up:

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10297/1097797-100.stm

The Steelers defeated the Miami Dolphins, 23-22, today in a most bizarre of rulings by an official, who happens to be a native of the Pittsburgh area.

Trailing by two points with the ball on the two and third down, Ben Roethlisberger, from the shotgun formation, took the snap and ran a quarterback draw. As he dived for the goalline, safety Chris Clemons hit him and popped the ball loose. The officials ruled that it was a touchdown.

Miami coach Tony Sporano challenged the play, and after reviewing it, referee Gene Steratore, who lives in Washington, Pa., ruled it a fumble. However, Steratore could not determine who had recovered the ball in the end zone, and none of the officials apparently saw who recovered after they ruled Roethlisberger had scored.

It appeared that two Dolphins had jumped on the loose ball in the end zone.

So, instead of Miami getting the ball at the 20 after a touchback, the officials ruled the Steelers had the ball on fourth down at the one, where Roethlisberger had "fumbled" it.

Jeff Reed then kicked an 18-yard field goal to put the Steelers ahead by one point with 2:26 to go.

Thanks for the same tired old attempt to diminish Steeler success. As long as it makes you feel better so be it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DkBlue View Post
    Thanks for the same tired old attempt to diminish Steeler success. As long as it makes you feel better so be it.
    Usually not providing a counter point equals a concession of the argument.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Ok what is your solution to solving last years Dolphin game???? Just give the win to the Dolphins???? Should they go and replay from that point forward???

Rules are rules for a reason. The officials never made a determination as to who had the ball under the pile up of players. Why???? Because the play was already considered dead because of the original incorrect call. The NFL altered the review rule to allow the recovering team to have the ball in case of a CLEAR recovery. This was not a clear recovery because of the scrum for the ball. NFL films captured an on field ref acknowledging on the spot the recovery was going to be an issue when Steratore was under the hood looking at the play.

You also want to reference the Buffalo game in which a player dropped a pass in OT. Did you know a Steeler player also dropped a TD pass with a few minutes left that would have ended the game in regulation????? Drops are part of the game!!!!

Maybe the Packers should forfeit their Super Bowl last year because Tampa Bay lost their season finale allowing them to make the playoffs, huh???

Note - sorry NCRaven, I was actually responding to Bensmotorcyclethelmt

Blog Entries

back to the topic - I noticed every analyst that I listed to on SiriusNFL today is picking the Pats but most say something like 'until they prove otherwise' so they're going off previous years.

Somehow I just have this feeling that the home team will win this one in a relatively low scoring affair at least for Pats. Ball control, TOP and pressure.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

back to the topic - I noticed every analyst that I listed to on SiriusNFL today is picking the Pats but most say something like 'until they prove otherwise' so they're going off previous years.

Somehow I just have this feeling that the home team will win this one in a relatively low scoring affair at least for Pats. Ball control, TOP and pressure.
    I just don't think you can beat the Pats in a low scoring game. If the Steelers win, they will need to score around 34. Run Run Pass is a recipe for disaster against the Pats. The Steelers need to be aggressive on first down early in the game. If they can manage to get a decent lead then you can try and control the clock a bit.

Blog Entries

Steelgirl - what's the saying? Pass to score and run to win? something like that...

that's the basis of both their offenses

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Note I posted a link to the counter. Put it on tape. Lol