Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Cheese & Crackers Anyone???

I've just stayed away for a few days as a way to handle the negativism. Ravenswintitle's posts said most of what I wanted to say.

I picked them to go 10-6 too.

Teams just come out flat some times.

I also think we should let the season play out more before we "decide" (like it's our decision lol) whether heads should roll.

2. Re: Cheese & Crackers Anyone???

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Lap View Post
    I've just stayed away for a few days as a way to handle the negativism. Ravenswintitle's posts said most of what I wanted to say.

I picked them to go 10-6 too.

Teams just come out flat some times.

I also think we should let the season play out more before we "decide" (like it's our decision lol) whether heads should roll.
    man is this :word

Blog Entries

I am all for having a merge thread or a complaint thread. And yes, even I get tired of the same thread written a different way.

Hats off to the Mods here, I think you guys not only do a hell of a job, but you really are unsung heroes that keep this place the way it is.

The only think that keeps me from feeling cheated for not being here sooner is the fact I have made so many friends over at the Sunspot, and have had great discussions over the last five years that can't be underestimated.

Now, I feel I have the best of both, some of the best posters and run Raven board in the world and all of my old pals.

Sure there will always be the troll, or over zealous fan that has tagged a long from the other site. But don't demean the "SunSpot" posters. If a person has a problem with a poster, take it up directly with them. Don't drop an all inclusive tag on us because we are new to the board. Time served makes no difference on a intellectual position or opinion, it is merely a cheap way slighting people who want to be a part of this board.

I for one am happy to be here and will work hard to see that we newer posters and the old guard agree that we all love the Ravens and we all have a multitude of opinions on them, good, bad, indifferent, but all deserve to have a voice.

If this team beats up on the Stillers in two weeks, ALL is forgiven, as far as I am concerned - that's all that matters to me.
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    I came close to taking all these types of threads and merging them into one giant "I want to complain/Why are all these people complaining" threads, and let people argue about whether or not it's ok to complain on the forum in that one thread.

If anything, it would be one impressively funny thread. :)

Quote Originally Posted by BertJonesMyHero View Post
    OK- I had to laugh. We get a huge influx of people from Sunspot, and now people are going to complain it is like Sunspot?

Folks came here so they would not be over moderated. Think this job is easy? Complaining about complaining is still complaining. Open a thread and don't like it, close it and open another one.
    I take part in several forums, from F1 auto racing to fantasy fiction, You mods all do a VERY good job, Thank you.

I am guilty of caring for the Ravens and wanting them to win every game by, oh, 49-3. I care, so I get frustrated, and a forum is a good place to vent -- we are, I hope, among friends?

Quote Originally Posted by Tspot-D-Ravenator View Post
    To go with all the whine on this message board? Look, I was mad as anything too after Monday night's debacle, but all this whining and complaining isn't going to help or solve anything. Let's move on to Arizona , let the year play out and stop this unnecessary ranting until we lose again. I do love Baltimore's love for the game and our "constructive" criticism, but all this crap postings is a nuisance. This is getting to be a site that I am beginning to ignore :o
    You're right. What a wonderful effort our beloved Ravens turned in on Monday night. How dare anyone question the team's desire, heart, integrity, or talent after such a performance. I was so inspired that I can't wait for the Cardinal's game.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerhater View Post
    You're right. What a wonderful effort our beloved Ravens turned in on Monday night. How dare anyone question the team's desire, heart, integrity, or talent after such a performance. I was so inspired that I can't wait for the Cardinal's game.
    It's not the criticism that's so damned annoying. It's the hysteria.

You want to see reasonable criticism? Look for posts by RaveninWoodlawn or psuasskicker, among others. It's cool to go after the team. Go for it.

Just don't be hysterical, or shallow, or repetitive. If you're saying something that's an exaggeration, or if you're saying something that's been said 10 times already in the thread, consider just not posting.

Not just you, steelerhater, of course. I hope everybody thinks that way before posting.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

To go with all the whine on this message board? Look, I was mad as anything too after Monday night's debacle, but all this whining and complaining isn't going to help or solve anything.
    I agree. Because I know that when I post happy, joy-joy thoughts in the days leading up to the game, the Ravens are 32-4 in that week's game.
    ---

Baltimore Colts (AAFC): 1947-1950
    Baltimore Colts (NFL): 1953-1984
    Baltimore Stars (USFL): 1985
    Baltimore Colts/Stallions (CFL): 1994-1995
    Baltimore Ravens (NFL): 1996-Present

10. Re: Cheese & Crackers Anyone???

Quote Originally Posted by steelerhater View Post
    Very nice

To go with all the whine on this message board? Look, I was mad as anything too after Monday night's debacle, but all this whining and complaining isn't going to help or solve anything. Let's move on to Arizona , let the year play out and stop this unnecessary ranting until we lose again. I do love Baltimore's love for the game and our "constructive" criticism, but all this crap postings is a nuisance. This is getting to be a site that I am beginning to ignore :o
    With all due respect, why don't you grow a pair. Is it wrong to assume that we're all grown adults who can take a little criticism about our football team after a bad loss? You think it's easy seeing the light after being embarrassed on national TV by a 1-5 team with a rookie QB, especially after being crowned the "Best team in the AFC" by some?

The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

Houston--
    You posted "I am guilty of caring for the Ravens and wanting them to win every game by, oh, 49-3."

With an example like that, it's guys like you who make me want to complain that the defense is not doing their job....

oh, yeah -- ;)