Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
  1. Re: Skip Bayless: Tebow would be a better fit for the Ravens than Flacco

Quote Originally Posted by NJRaven View Post
    Skip Bayless is the only person on ESPN that causes me to instantly change the channel.
    There isn't a sports announcer I HATE MORE. To top it off, he thinks Tebow is Joe Montana.

And what makes Joe mentally soft? Because he is quiet? Bullshit.

Re: Skip Bayless: Tebow would be a better fit for the Ravens than Flacco

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenjohn2000 View Post
    Why is everyone afraid to talk about the big purple elephant in the room? Flacco is a game manager much like Dilfer but not as good at it. Dilfer understood his role while Joe still doesn't. He struggles badly against the cover 2 and may do so his entire carreer. Lets call a spade a spade....Joe is average with a very good team very similar to Sanchez.

To suggest that Flacco and Tebow aren't on the same planet is crazy to me. Look at the whole team that Flacco has around him. Boldin, Rice, Ravens D and special teams. Who does Tebow have around him? Name their starting wide-outs? an aging back-up in McGahee as his back. Give me a break.

Its not like Joe is throwing for 350 a game and utilizing his wide-outs anyway so why not have a running QB. Joe is completing 51% of his passes...how much better is that than Tebow?

If you want to hold hands and sit around the campfire and talking about how great Flacco is than so be it. I know a few people on this site that would like to bring Boller to the party. Hell...go at it.

However if you want reallity, Joe is AVERAGE. He has won because of the defense (annual top 5) not because of him. At this point, I'd rather have Vick, Newton, Brees, Rogers, Rivers, Eli, Brady, Ben, Stafford, Bradford, Romo, Cutler, Palmer or Freeman over Flacco. Other than Rogers, Brady and Ben, none of these guys have the team talent as Flacco does.

I don't get the love for Flacco. Please help me.
    Best post on this board I have seen in 5 years. Summed up the whole thing in the most perfect way I have ever seen on here or any other board or radio show. Spot on hommie.

Can someone rack my man here?

3. Re: Skip Bayless: Tebow would be a better fit for the Ravens than Flacco

I don't get the love for Vick but that is why people have Opinions.

Here's a recap of how Tim Tebow's day went against the worst team in the NFL that actually looks like they're tanking to get Andrew Luck...

- 55 minutes of utter dog shit. And I'm pretty sure when I say that, the dog shit finds it insulting.
    - A short pass on a crossing route that Miami decided to allow to go so undefended that the runner took a five yard pass an additional 40 (or whatever) yards.
    - A 20 yard pass that a receiver had to jump through the air and make an amazing catch to come down with.
    - A 2 point conversion sneak that everyone in the stadium except the eleven guys on the field saw coming a mile away, where the one edge rusher came off the line completely unblocked and instead of holding position to defend the obvious QB sneak he rushes straight up field leaving a hole Tebow could have driven a truck through.

Flacco weak, mentally soft, whatever... Three years from now Tebow will sit and dream about what could have been if he had Joe Flacco's resume as he readies his customer's Big Mac. This is utterly ridiculous.

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

Blog Entries

I don't think it is just love for Flacco as it is much we don't know "who the real joe Flacco" is until we get him out from under the thumb of Cam Cameron.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I don't think it is just love for Flacco as it is much we don't know "who the real joe Flacco" is until we get him out from under the thumb of Cam Cameron.
    I think this is largely where I am.

Now, it's not accurate to blame all the offense's woes on Cam. As others have stated, there are multiple problems here. That said, since last year I have been gradually coming round more and more to the opinion that Cam is one of the more egregious problems. And while Joe has some issues that are his own (and can't be blamed on others), I really do wonder if Cam isn't a big part of what's holding us back. This is why I'm not ready to jump off the Flacco bandwagon just quite yet.

Quote Originally Posted by BMore4Life79 View Post
    Best post on this board I have seen in 5 years. Summed up the whole thing in the most perfect way I have ever seen on here or any other board or radio show. Spot on hommie.

Can someone rack my man here?
    This isn't even the best post of the day. What exactly is a "game manager" anyway? Is this someone that doesn't need to throw a pass and points some how magically appear? Even in 2000 the offense needed to put up points. I seem to remember the Jags putting 30+ on us and Tony Banks brought us back. Likewise, Trent Dilfer had to make plays as well.

To say Flacco and Tebow are on the same planet it a joke. Joe Flacco has gone to the playoffs every year and has NEVER been one and done. Tim Tebow is still a rookie and hasn't done anything yet. To suggest that Flacco has better options is ridiculous. In 2008 he had Clayton and Mason. We're not talking Randy Moss and Wes Welker here. But somehow Flacco found them when he needed to.

Last year everyone was saying Joe had arrived as a top 10 NFL QB when he hit Housh in the endzone to beat the Steelers. Funny how people change their minds from week to week.

Also, I seem to remember Joe Flacco bringing us back against the Steelers again at Heinz Field in the playoffs (Aside from the Superbowl, is there a bigger stage?). A TD pass for the lead bounced off Boldin's chest and the dropped 4th down conversion hit Housh in the hands. Is it Flacco's fault the "vaunted D" gave up basically a hail mary to an unknown receiver?

Did Joe Flacco not bring us back against the Falcons last year in Prime Time only to see the D give up a TD in under a freakin minute? How about 2009 when Joe brought us back against the Pats and Clayton dropped a 4th down pass at the Pats 5 yardline?

Joe's career stats are very respectable. Below is his career completion % compared to other QBs. It's a little lower than maybe you'd like, but it's in the ballpark and is very respectable. Consider he's never had the great WRs some of these other guys had or have:

Joe Flacco: 60.7
    Tom Brady: 63.8
    Tony Romo: 64.1
    Eli Manning: 58.3
    Drew Brees: 65.6
    Joe Montana: 63.2
    Mike Vick: 55.8
    Dan Marino: 59.4

Something tells me no one over at 1 Winning Drive is even remotely worrying about Joe Flacco - the offensive schemes yes, but not Flacco himeself. This is an argument conjured up by the media types that need a story and fans who think we should have traded away 2 first round picks for Carson "Noodle Arm" Palmer.
    Last edited by RavensRock; 10-26-2011 at 02:00 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by trailhiker85 View Post
    I think this is largely where I am.

Now, it's not accurate to blame all the offense's woes on Cam. As others have stated, there are multiple problems here. That said, since last year I have been gradually coming round more and more to the opinion that Cam is one of the more egregious problems. And while Joe has some issues that are his own (and can't be blamed on others), I really do wonder if Cam isn't a big part of what's holding us back. This is why I'm not ready to jump off the Flacco bandwagon just quite yet.

:word

Quote Originally Posted by psuasskicker View Post
    Here's a recap of how Tim Tebow's day went against the worst team in the NFL that actually looks like they're tanking to get Andrew Luck...

- 55 minutes of utter dog shit. And I'm pretty sure when I say that, the dog shit finds it insulting.
    - A short pass on a crossing route that Miami decided to allow to go so undefended that the runner took a five yard pass an additional 40 (or whatever) yards.
    - A 20 yard pass that a receiver had to jump through the air and make an amazing catch to come down with.
    - A 2 point conversion sneak that everyone in the stadium except the eleven guys on the field saw coming a mile away, where the one edge rusher came off the line completely unblocked and instead of holding position to defend the obvious QB sneak he rushes straight up field leaving a hole Tebow could have driven a truck through.

Flacco weak, mentally soft, whatever... Three years from now Tebow will sit and dream about what could have been if he had Joe Flacco's resume as he readies his customer's Big Mac. This is utterly ridiculous.

- C -
    two things you forgot to add
    1) a first half first down
    2) a win

Ravens52, are you one of those guys that used to defend Boller andf Billick too? Wearing the purple shades are ya?

Like Skip Bayless or not the man has a point. If you watched his interview with Suggs you will understand where he is coming from. Joe Flacco is the teams weak link when compared to very good teams such as NO, GB, Pitt and NE. What do all those teams have in common? A QB that can score points when called upon. At this point, we are no different than the Jets who will on offense. We all know Sanchez and say he stinks and is a loser yet he has gone farther than Flacco the past 2 years.

Why is everyone afraid to talk about the big purple elephant in the room? Flacco is a game manager much like Dilfer but not as good at it. Dilfer understood his role while Joe still doesn't. He struggles badly against the cover 2 and may do so his entire carreer. Lets call a spade a spade....Joe is average with a very good team very similar to Sanchez.

To suggest that Flacco and Tebow aren't on the same planet is crazy to me. Look at the whole team that Flacco has around him. Boldin, Rice, Ravens D and special teams. Who does Tebow have around him? Name their starting wide-outs? an aging back-up in McGahee as his back. Give me a break.

Its not like Joe is throwing for 350 a game and utilizing his wide-outs anyway so why not have a running QB. Joe is completing 51% of his passes...how much better is that than Tebow?

If you want to hold hands and sit around the campfire and talking about how great Flacco is than so be it. I know a few people on this site that would like to bring Boller to the party. Hell...go at it.

However if you want reallity, Joe is AVERAGE. He has won because of the defense (annual top 5) not because of him. At this point, I'd rather have Vick, Newton, Brees, Rogers, Rivers, Eli, Brady, Ben, Stafford, Bradford, Romo, Cutler, Palmer or Freeman over Flacco. Other than Rogers, Brady and Ben, none of these guys have the team talent as Flacco does.

No I like many others knew Boller was not a starting NFL QB and I could not wait for him to be gone, and same goes for Billick as his time here was done.

If you really think Tebow and Flacco are anywhere near close, well you my friend have zero clue as to what a starting QB looks like.

Do I think Joe has some flaws, and would I like to see him playing better than he is, yup but I also don't sit on the ledge like you who obviously thinks Tebow would be a serviceable option.

Look bash Joe all you want, and I will join in when warranted, but to sit here and say Tebow and Joe are close on talent is moronic and lacks of any legit insight.

Funny how you won't give Joe any credit for any wins and say he only wins due to a top 5 defense, yet list a ton of QB's one a rookie who have proved nothing in the NFL ( Vick, Newton, bradford, Stafford, Palmer, Cutler, Romo, freeman).

Sorry if all you care about is stats and not looking at the whole picture, go become a fan of the Skins they will help you by picking up everyones stat trash every year, but seriously your post is insane and the fact you place all blame on Joe and give no credit for any win shows your complete lack of football knowledge.
    Hating Steeler Fans Since Birth

Section 126, Row 33

Lets Go Flacco :happyanim

[QUOTE=
    To suggest that Flacco has better options is ridiculous. In 2008 he had Clayton and Mason. We're not talking Randy Moss and Wes Welker here. But somehow Flacco found them when he needed to.

.[/QUOTE]

Who is Tebows receivers? See if you can name them w/o looking them up? Mason is a borderline HOF receiver.

Might as well have Cundiff kick the ball to the WR's down field. He'd be more accurate than Tebow.