Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries

Re: First to third.....

i'm more worried about the bengals than i am the steelers. i don't know how we are going to score on them.

Lose a fucking game and this place gets just as bad as the Sun board

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher
    The Steelers look rejuvenated as well.

Just wait until the Bengals befuddle Joe with a cover-2. Two more losses right there.
    Go root for the squealers or bungles, douche.

Quote Originally Posted by ballhawk View Post
    i'm more worried about the bengals than i am the steelers. i don't know how we are going to score on them.
    I'm not sure, but I think if you go into the end zone with the ball, it is a score. You can also kick a ball that has been placed on the ground through the uprights for a score, so those are a couple of ways to score on them.

I hope that helps. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    I'm not sure, but I think if you go into the end zone with the ball, it is a score. You can also kick a ball that has been placed on the ground through the uprights for a score, so those are a couple of ways to score on them.

I hope that helps. ;)
    Problem is, that will probably require the offense to string together a few first downs. That prospect scares the shit out of me.

I'll remain cautiously optimistic, but on the real, our offense would literally have to do a complete 180 from MNF in order for us to even have a chance at a Wildcard the way it's looking.

Quote Originally Posted by RavNMadMan View Post
    in an instant....well actually 60 minutes. The Ravens relinquish the division lead. Time to start talking wildcard sports fans. Sound familiar?
    So what's wrong with a wildcard spot? As I recall we won our only SB as a wildcard team. As many other teams have done. The ravens control their own destiny at this point in the season. I like where we're at right now. We'll see how it all plays out.

Quote Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
    So what's wrong with a wildcard spot? As I recall we won our only SB as a wildcard team. As many other teams have done. The ravens control their own destiny at this point in the season. I like where we're at right now. We'll see how it all plays out.
    I agree the Ravens control their destiny....every teams does until late in the season. And there is nothing wrong per se with a wildcard but I would rather win the division and be guaranteed a home playoff game. It's the games early in the season that should/could have been won but were lost that "factor in" later in the season. That was my point.

8. Re: First to third.....

ESPN's simulations give the Ravens an 86% chance of making the playoffs and currently have them finishing as the second seed with a 12-4 record.

People need to relax. It's waaaaaaaay too early in the season to worry about tie-breakers.

Quote Originally Posted by baltimore_hokie View Post
    ESPN's simulations give the Ravens an 86% chance of making the playoffs and currently have them finishing as the second seed with a 12-4 record.

People need to relax. It's waaaaaaaay too early in the season to worry about tie-breakers.
    Giving credence to what an ESPN simulation predicts doesn't ease my mind one bit.

In fact, it makes me even more uncertain than ever.

10. Re: First to third.....

Five road games left. Two of them are west coast trips, and three of them are away division games. This right here is where they position for the playoffs or don't even go. Even with everything going on I'm still pretty confident that they won't lose at home this season. The defense just feeds off the crowd and the offense doesn't play as badly.

If 12-4 is where they need to be in order to talk about winning the division and getting home games and byes they better find an offense that travels. You make a guy the highest paid fullback in the NFL and cut two veteran pass catchers I hope there is a plan to start running the ball to win these upcoming road games.

They can't be going to these places toying with these teams. They all have good defenses. The five teams the Ravens have left to play on the road are all top 10 defenses. If Cameron thinks he's going in there and doing something like rolling out welcome to MNF LaQuan Williams on the opening drive he better realize they aren't playing the Rams.

They've been fine when they've scored first. When Flacco has to play from behind at any point in the game he doesn't look the same.

These road games make me nervous. Seattle, Cleveland, all of them. The 49ers game I'm not feeling great about, but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt at home on short rest. National TV though. Flacco suck time maybe.

They'd have to win 3 of their remaining 5 road games. Doable but not easy. They can lose games but the problem is they're losing the wrong games.

We'll know more about the Ravens next week. Tomorrow won't show us much unless what happened on the road happens at home against a team that never wins on the road.

Win on the road for the right to play at home is what they need to do.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ngata Nother Suggs View Post
    If 12-4 is where they need to be in order to talk about winning the division and getting home games and byes they better find an offense that travels. You make a guy the highest paid fullback in the NFL and cut two veteran pass catchers I hope there is a plan to start running the ball to win these upcoming road games.

There's a lot of things I'd like to see more of from this offense, but utilizing Leach more as a lead blocker tops the list.