Thumbs down DUI charges -- NOT -- dropped against S. McNair

WNST via Aaron Wilson reported charges have been dropped against S.McNair... Charges against S McNair's brother in law lowered causing to throwing out the case against S. McNair
    Last edited by Mista T; 05-30-2007 at 04:10 PM. Reason: chnaged their minds???

Re: DUI charges dropped against S. McNair

Who called it? :)
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

At least common sense prevails sometimes.

Then why does the AP news wire report differently. They say its been rescheduled for July 10th.
    ... They shall mount up with wings as Eagles;

I'm hearing reports on YBR that the charges were NOT dropped & the case would be continued in July. Anyone have an official word??

Quote Originally Posted by Gwaihir View Post
    Then why does the AP news wire report differently. They say its been rescheduled for July 10th.
    Curses! You're right.

Still I think this case will be dismissed, whether by prosecutor or judge, without trial. Reading between the lines of the Sun article, it looks like a dismissal was coming and then was taken off the table.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Thumbs down Re: DUI charges dropped against S. McNair

Per CBS Sportsline, a different story:

Baltimore Ravens quarterback Steve McNair faces a July 10 court date

......the new date was set in an agreement between prosecutors and lawyers.

"He wanted this resolved," said McNair's lawyer, Roger May.

Ryan said there is an offer to prosecutors to settle the case without going to court. He would not discuss the offer and said the district attorney wanted more time to consider it.
    July 10th --- just two weeks before training camp.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Me too! I think the case will be dismissed in July. I have a feeling they don't really have enough evidence against his brother since field sobriety tests carry almost zero weight in court. Without a BA test they're going to have a tough time convicting his brother! If they can't convict his brother, they can't convict him.
    ... They shall mount up with wings as Eagles;

Bah! Oh well, like festivus said, I think this will be resolved without going to court anyway.

I spoke to Aaron this afternoon and trust me when I say, he was all over. We'll have the full story this evening up on the home page...

Here's Aaron's story on the McNair trial

My guess is, what you are reading there is exactly the deal that was struck. Cartwright pleads guilty in a borderline DUI case, in exchange for charges being dropped against a less culpable codefendant.

In the real world, that kind of horse trading goes on all the time.

Depending on how they count time and how the booking process went, the "all but two days suspended" could just be credit for time served.

It would have been a reasonable disposition.
    Festivus