the Leaders in passing yards this season are

1. Tom Brady 2,163
    2. Drew Brees 2,152
    3. Aaron Rodgers 2,037

Marinos Most Passing yards record is 5,084

Brady is on pace for 5,768 yards
    Brees is on pace for 5,738 yards
    Rodgers is on pace for 5,432 yards

outside of injury i honestly dont see a way all three of these guys DONT break Marinos record, with at least one of these guys(my bet would be Brees) destroying the record. Pretty remarkable if i say so myself

Blog Entries

Re: Seeing history?? Passing yards

I would expect that pace to slow down as the weather changes. We have already begun to see rush offenses play more of a role in games, as of last week. Nevertheless, I agree with you in saying that those particular quarterbacks will all, likely, pass Dan Marino's mark. New England is running the football a little more than they have in recent years, but Tom Brady is still going to throw forty times in most games. Green Bay really does not have a quality rush offense, so we can likely expect Aaron Rodgers to do the same. Now that Marques Colston (his favorite target) is back, there is even less of a chance that Brees does not throw the ball 35+ times a game.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

with all of the rule changes, it kind of diminishes the records of some of the old QB and receivers but you can't blame teams for taking advantage of it.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    with all of the rule changes, it kind of diminishes the records of some of the old QB and receivers but you can't blame teams for taking advantage of it.
    Agreed. The rules changes are going to reshuffle the League. Physical teams are now downgraded.

As a former safety and I know you are too, how do you plan to make hits after a reception or a miss.

I remember being taught to put your face right between the numbers whether it was a catch or not.

That will turn out bad in today's NFL.

You can't really punish a quarterback either.