Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: What do you guys think about the "suck for luck" campaign going on by Dolphin fans ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    what if they suck for luck and he turns out to be more Jamarcus Russell than Peyton Manning?
    Jamarcus Russell was not a consensus #1, and there hasn't been this much confidence about a single draft pick *ever*, I don't think. It's possible he'll be a bust, or something not as wonderful as he's expected to be, but I do not think it's remotely likely he'll go Jamarcus Russell on the NFL.

Anyway.

As to the OP. Who am I to tell someone else how to root for his team? If some fan somewhere wants the team to lose the rest of its games to get a high draft pick, or even if an *owner* wants to the team to lose the rest of its games to get a high draft pick, so what?

I don't drive slowly past auto accidents to get a good look at the carnage, but I am endlessly fascinated with the bad ownership/management/carnage that is the Baltimore Orioles, even though I'm not much of a baseball fan. I wouldn't presume to tell an Orioles fan how to root for his god-awful mess of a team & I wouldn't judge a Dolphins fan, either.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Re: What do you guys think about the "suck for luck" campaign going on by Dolphin fans ?

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    Jamarcus Russell was not a consensus #1, and there hasn't been this much confidence about a single draft pick *ever*, I don't think. It's possible he'll be a bust, or something not as wonderful as he's expected to be, but I do not think it's remotely likely he'll go Jamarcus Russell on the NFL.

Anyway.

As to the OP. Who am I to tell someone else how to root for his team? If some fan somewhere wants the team to lose the rest of its games to get a high draft pick, or even if an *owner* wants to the team to lose the rest of its games to get a high draft pick, so what?

I don't drive slowly past auto accidents to get a good look at the carnage, but I am endlessly fascinated with the bad ownership/management/carnage that is the Baltimore Orioles, even though I'm not much of a baseball fan. I wouldn't presume to tell an Orioles fan how to root for his god-awful mess of a team & I wouldn't judge a Dolphins fan, either.
    good post....

curious though
    would you be for or against losing some games to get Luck ?

Seems I'm in the minority here. I thought there would be more for getting that #1 pick when your season is already over. Meaning playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by Durango46 View Post
    good post....

curious though
    would you be for or against losing some games to get Luck ?

Seems I'm in the minority here. I thought there would be more for getting that #1 pick when your season is already over. Meaning playoffs
    I don't see how you could get players to tank as many have incentives in their contract and they certainly don't want to put bad performances on tape in case they get waived or traded.

Quote Originally Posted by DkBlue View Post
    I don't see how you could get players to tank as many have incentives in their contract and they certainly don't want to put bad performances on tape in case they get waived or traded.
    Bingo!

Thread win