Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: shut up guys..

Blog Entries

Re: shut up guys..

I'll add though. Kid you should totally use good grammar and such. And you should listen to some good music. You probably listen to crap.

Listen to this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v--IqqusnNQ&ob=av2e

And this: (possibly greatest song ever written. You won't be on its wavelength for at least a year though. It took me six months to be on its wavelength.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pO9JBM1ufA8

Again:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrfc8c6VkTA

And you probably don't like The Beatles because you probably think Can't Buy Me Love and I Want to Hold Your Hand are their only songs. Wrong.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOkzg8TQKUI

Cool, thread not locked yet. I'll play!

A very lame duck LBJ. Four weeks before me, MLK was shot. Two weeks after my arrival, RFK was shot. I think it explains the syndrome I've had all my life of feeling like I just walked into the room in the middle of a massive argument.

It makes being a Ravens' fan feel vaguely comfortable.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    HHVF. UR RI8. DDT. We gota W8 til L8R 2 no 4sho wasup NXT 4 R boyz.
    Im 26 and thank god i missed this "language". makes me wonder what my kids will be speaking.
    -JAB

The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

JAB--
    As someone posted earlier, many kids don't speak anymore, they tweet and twat! :D ;)

(BTW, shas, SWMBO was trying to be funny the other evening. She walked in the house coming home from work and pulled an "OMG!" on me!!! I gave her one of THESE -- !!!)

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    HHVF. UR RI8. DDT. We gota W8 til L8R 2 no 4sho wasup NXT 4 R boyz.
    That would have hurt me trying to decipher that...but I have a 15 year old who types just like that!

Quote Originally Posted by blacknpurplepain View Post
    I use the term 'We' bc I was born n raised in Baltimore. I feel as thought fans have a right to say that if they support a certain team. In some cities the fans do play a part in the outcome by crowd noise which causes false starts(12th Man). We as Ravens fans are lucky as Hines Wards stated "the lion dens is the hardest place for us to play". Do we suit up and play? No we don't but I think as fan we have the right to feel as though we are a part of the team we support especially season ticket owners. Oh, who own the Packers?
    I can understand being a die hard fan and taking things extremely personal when it comes to fandom, although I don't quite get involved to the point where I take it personal, or allow a loss to ruin my day. ( Although I was po'ed the last few seasons when the Ravens got knocked out of the playoff's by the Steelers ) I personally think it sounds foolish when people use the "we" terminology when referring to a sports team that they're essentially not apart of, except for hollering in the stands. Although I agree the "12th man" environment can certainly cause headaches, but that would be more along the lines of "we" the fans. Right?
    JMO.
    Last edited by palukaraven; 10-20-2011 at 09:22 AM. Reason: grammer correction ;)

Quote Originally Posted by palukaraven View Post
    Think what you like, but you're still not apart of the Ravens team, just a fan hollering in the stands. Use the "we" all you want, but in the end, it just sounds foolish.
    I'm a fan of the Ravens as well, or obviously I wouldn't make some of the posts that I make ( and I don't feel the need to justify this to an internet message board poster ), however you're not going to catch me saying things such as, "c'mon guys, we can beat the Steelers this week. We're ready to go, and our defense is mad crazy this week."
    Not unless I'm actually on the field playing, which I'm not. To each their own I suppose.
    While you are correct we are just fans hollering in the stands, I do consider them to be my team and I use "we" all the time. I currently reside in NJ, 45 minutes west of NYC and drive back for every home game and attend at least 1 road game a year. I have invested plenty of time, energy and money into the Ravens, and while I do not feel I am a part of the "Team", i do feel I am a part of the organization.
    Hating Steeler Fans Since Birth

Section 126, Row 33

Lets Go Flacco :happyanim

16-year olds who tell people to STFU get put on the FOAD list.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Im 26 and thank god i missed this "language". makes me wonder what my kids will be speaking.
    Spanglish

:grbac:

Thread shut-down in T-minus ten ....
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

Quote Originally Posted by Rayvens52 View Post
    I have invested plenty of time, energy and money into the Ravens, and while I do not feel I am a part of the "Team", i do feel I am a part of the organization.
    My thoughts exactly.

I never possessed the God-given physical abilities to play football in any capacity other than on a sandlot (I can throw a beautiful, accurate spiral for up to about 20 yards though;) ) My freshman year in college I was 6-2/150lbs, so the NFL was just not in my future.

However, I think I've been blessed with a good mind for facts/figures/trends, etc. I use that gift to help promote the Ravens in every way possible, including emails to various nationally-syndicated columnists. Michael Silver of Yahoo sports has gotten a slew of emails from over the years and has even made mention of a few stats I've sent him in a couple of his articles. That's my gift and my contribution. It's not much, but it's how I feel like I help the Ravens organization.

Personally, I think anyone who takes money out of their pockets to pay for tickets and commits an entire afternoon to go to the stadium and root their hearts out for the Ravens deserves to consider themselves a small part of the organization.

JFK for me...