Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: shut up guys..

Blog Entries

Re: shut up guys..

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    HHVF. UR RI8. DDT. We gota W8 til L8R 2 no 4sho wasup NXT 4 R boyz.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

2. Re: shut up guys..

Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post
    I think the Ravens are the 2nd best team in football right now. I think we are a better team than the Patriots and match up very well with them. I think we are the team that also matches up best with Green Bay given our depth at CB and ability to control the football. We will not beat a team of either quality though if we line up at 1st and goal on the 8 yard line and throw 3 dumb, low % passes into the end zone though. We have to get crisper in that area.

The best thing about this Ravens team is that we've managed to accomplish what we have with basically no contributions from 4 injured starters.
    I agree w/ you here Luke. I would say we match up w/ GB better then most other teams in the AFC because of the quality of our secondary. However, I think its imperative we get home field advantage in the playoffs.

All injuries to the those 4 you mentioned (Smith, Grubbs, Evans & Carr) don't really seem to be slowing us up to much.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Translation: Ha Ha Very Funny. You're right. Don't do that. We gotta wait until later to know for sure what is up next for our boys.

(I have a 15 and 16 year old at home)

Maybe with the influx of posters a "24x7 Jr." sub-forum should be in order? It could be a two birds with one stone kind of thing, the trolls could use it as a playground as well.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt

Blog Entries

I will put it to you like this: Every time I take that sort of dominant attitude about the Ravens, they either lose or play a game that is much closer than most expect. Now, after learning my lessons, I humbly enjoy the game. Every now and then, I will see a team that I think the Ravens should manage rather well. Nevertheless, I do not take that for granted anymore.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    What everyone is saying is this:

This board is mostly old farts or people who write like old farts. Use complete sentences, and do your best to spell and punctuate correctly. Make your English teachers proud.

Love the enthusiasm, no doubt.
    Compared to other languages that are actually logical, English is a bottom-dweller. Just sayin'

this is the internet... spelling is overrated... and if I find out any of you are/used to be english teachers.... I will probably torture you for as long as they allow me to be on this board... why can't everything be numbers?!
    After 5 years of early exits, the journey is finally complete.

Quote Originally Posted by SC_Raven_Fan View Post
    Compared to other languages that are actually logical, English is a bottom-dweller. Just sayin'

this is the internet... spelling is overrated... and if I find out any of you are/used to be english teachers.... I will probably torture you for as long as they allow me to be on this board... why can't everything be numbers?!

This board prides itself as being the premier board for the more discriminating Ravens fan.

Speaking in text speak, poor grammar, bad spelling does not fit that mold.

If that makes us quasi-English teachers, so be it and with pride.

We're not going to compromise standards. That's the stuff of the Sun Boards.

I happen to relish the idea of being an old fart. To the OP: Young dude you have some serious enthusiasm but you might revisit the packaging of your thoughts....just sayin....

BTW...if you want to make point, starting with "shut up" is probably not your best choice.

Quote Originally Posted by ravennation123 View Post
    u guys keep saying 'omg well this team scares me.. they have a good this and a good that.' STFU. THE BOTTOM LINE IS. WE ARE AN ELITE TEAM. THIS IS THE BEST RAVENS TEAM TO EVER TAKE THE FIELD. IM SICK OF PEOPLE SAYING RAY RICE IS OUR ONLY OFFENSIVE WEAPON. LOOK AT T SMITH, BOLDIN. DICKSON, AND PITTA MAKING NAMES FOR THEMSELVES. WE ARE GOING TO WIN THE SUPER BOWL THIS YEAR AND CONTEND FOR IT, FOR MANY YEARS TO COME. RAVENNN NATIOON WILL NOT BE DENIED :happyanim
    rn123,

Please don't be late for your english class tomorrow. And while you're there please pay attention. And oh yeah, the caps lock button on your keyboard should be used sparingly.

Other than that, I can buy into the notion that this may be the best all arouind ravens team in the history of the franchise, but I think the jury is still out on that.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post

This board prides itself as being the premier board for the more discriminating Ravens fan.

Speaking in text speak, poor grammar, bad spelling does not fit that mold.

If that makes us quasi-English teachers, so be it and with pride.

We're not going to compromise standards. That's the stuff of the Sun Boards.
    you called my bluff. I happen to like standards, spelling and grammar. I just don't make an issue out of it if you're posting an opinion on a message board.

I like this board. I learn much more here about the Ravens than any place else on the web.
    After 5 years of early exits, the journey is finally complete.

Quote Originally Posted by ravennation123 View Post
    yeah im 16 but.. what does that have to do with anything lol
    Because you were 5 years old when the actually best Ravens team ever to take the field, took the field.

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Talking Re: shut up guys..

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    What everyone is saying is this:

This board is mostly old farts or people who write like old farts. Use complete sentences, and do your best to spell and punctuate correctly. Make your English teachers proud.

Love the enthusiasm, no doubt.
    You mean by "write like old farts" using decent grammar and punctuation so it is readable and not using all CAPS for most of the post as if to be screaming?

If so, count me as an old fart that wants to come off as if his brain cells aren't all dead from hitting the bong and my neurons fire off in some semblance of order.