Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Re: Would you do the same deal w/ Oakland for Flacco?

I'd do it if Bulger was here. It's no secret that Bulger was out playing Joe last year, they just refused to put him in. I also believe that the Ravens would have made it further last year if Bulger was the starter. Imagine what great players you would get with those picks, maybe Andrew Luck. Flacco is no more than an above average QB at this point, and I'm unsure if he'll ever be in the top 5. This team wins because it plays as a team, not because of Joe's arm.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimeTime37 View Post
    I'd do it if Bulger was here. It's no secret that Bulger was out playing Joe last year, they just refused to put him in. I also believe that the Ravens would have made it further last year if Bulger was the starter. Imagine what great players you would get with those picks, maybe Andrew Luck. Flacco is no more than an above average QB at this point, and I'm unsure if he'll ever be in the top 5. This team wins because it plays as a team, not because of Joe's arm.
    Bulger didn't replace Flacco because Joe wasn't Kyle Boller bad, Steve McNair replaced Boller because Boller was awful. You know what you and the other Flacco haters (not that many on this board, it's lonely at the top isn't it?) will just have to accept the fact that Joe will eventually get a new contract and he will be here for the long haul. You can cry and whine but Ozzie isn't paying attention to the whining crying babies who want Joe gone, deal with it Flacco is here to stay, jerk.

Ummmm, that is definitely a secret...Was he outperforming him in secret games that no one got to see? Because Bulger didn't play last season...period. But, since you followed that gem up with, "I also believe..." then I guess the first part about Bulger blatantly outplaying Flacco is also your belief as opposed to fact? If so that's fine, though I would ask whether you were basing that off of preseason games wherein Bulger was going against twos and threes? Because A) its preseason, and B) there's a big difference between playing against starters and playing against back-ups.

How many passes has Andrew Luck thrown in the NFL? What is his play-off record? OK, OK, that's obnoxious, we all know he doesn't have either of those things, but at least he led his team to a BCS championship right? No? A Heisman? No? Well, that's alright, how about the Davey O'Brien award for best collegiate passer? No? Hmmm...well, that's only because last year, Cam Newton won all of those things, Luck will probably win at least one of those this season so...let's just take a look to see how Cam newton and the Panthers are doing this season... What?! They're 1-5?? With a Pro Bowl receiver, 2 pro bowl tight ends and a pro bowl running back? Why haven't they won more games? Must be the defense... Definitely not because a rookie QB doesn't know how to win games in the NFL yet.

But wait, you're telling me this Joe Flacco character took a Revens team that missed the play-offs the season before, to the play-offs, in his rookie season, and won, not one but two play-off games? And that he improved statistically in his second season while taking the Ravens back to the play-offs? And then, the season after that he just up and got better than he was the season before? And the Ravens went BACK to the play-offs again?! Well, I'll tell you what that Flacco kid must be something pretty special...

The last part is especially confusing...Would you rather the rest of the team be garbage, so long as Flacco was throwing for 500 yards a game? He is currently in (at minimum) the top-10, and I don't know if you realize this or not, but players get old and retire...Flacco will outlast the likes of Manning, Brady, Brees, and in all likelihood, Roethlisberger, so that will make him top-5 almost by default. Of course, he won't need that technicality because he is already in the record books as being on of the top young QBs that the NFL has ever seen. Neither your flawed perception, nor anyone else's will ever be able to take that away from him.
    Last edited by goodandfast; 10-19-2011 at 09:46 PM.

I was just wondering why Bulger retired?

Quote Originally Posted by SugarRay52 View Post
    Bulger didn't replace Flacco because Joe wasn't Kyle Boller bad, Steve McNair replaced Boller because Boller was awful. You know what you and the other Flacco haters (not that many on this board, it's lonely at the top isn't it?) will just have to accept the fact that Joe will eventually get a new contract and he will be here for the long haul. You can cry and whine but Ozzie isn't paying attention to the whining crying babies who want Joe gone, deal with it Flacco is here to stay, jerk.
    How am I a jerk for voicing my opinion? I'm not a Flacco hater, but I also don't have blinders on. I know Joe will get his payday, but I think his play is being watched close by Oz this year.
    Last edited by PrimeTime37; 10-19-2011 at 11:51 PM. Reason: grammar

Quote Originally Posted by goodandfast View Post
    Ummmm, that is definitely a secret...Was he outperforming him in secret games that no one got to see? Because Bulger didn't play last season...period. But, since you followed that gem up with, "I also believe..." then I guess the first part about Bulger blatantly outplaying Flacco is also your belief as opposed to fact? If so that's fine, though I would ask whether you were basing that off of preseason games wherein Bulger was going against twos and threes? Because A) its preseason, and B) there's a big difference between playing against starters and playing against back-ups.

How many passes has Andrew Luck thrown in the NFL? What is his play-off record? OK, OK, that's obnoxious, we all know he doesn't have either of those things, but at least he led his team to a BCS championship right? No? A Heisman? No? Well, that's alright, how about the Davey O'Brien award for best collegiate passer? No? Hmmm...well, that's only because last year, Cam Newton won all of those things, Luck will probably win at least one of those this season so...let's just take a look to see how Cam newton and the Panthers are doing this season... What?! They're 1-5?? With a Pro Bowl receiver, 2 pro bowl tight ends and a pro bowl running back? Why haven't they won more games? Must be the defense... Definitely not because a rookie QB doesn't know how to win games in the NFL yet.

But wait, you're telling me this Joe Flacco character took a Revens team that missed the play-offs the season before, to the play-offs, in his rookie season, and won, not one but two play-off games? And that he improved statistically in his second season while taking the Ravens back to the play-offs? And then, the season after that he just up and got better than he was the season before? And the Ravens went BACK to the play-offs again?! Well, I'll tell you what that Flacco kid must be something pretty special...

The last part is especially confusing...Would you rather the rest of the team be garbage, so long as Flacco was throwing for 500 yards a game? He is currently in (at minimum) the top-10, and I don't know if you realize this or not, but players get old and retire...Flacco will outlast the likes of Manning, Brady, Brees, and in all likelihood, Roethlisberger, so that will make him top-5 almost by default. Of course, he won't need that technicality because he is already in the record books as being on of the top young QBs that the NFL has ever seen. Neither your flawed perception, nor anyone else's will ever be able to take that away from him.
    Flacco is inconsistent, and when it counts, he's not exactly dependable. Let's look at his playoff career:

2008: 33 of 75, 437 yards, 1 TD, 3 INT, 50.8 Rating
    2009: 24 of 45, 223 yards, 0 TD, 3 INT, 39.4 Rating
    2010: 41 of 64, 390 yards, 3 TD, 1 INT, 90.0 Rating

His best playoff game was the KC game last year, but let's face facts, KC was not an elite team. His worst being the New England game where it was the Ray Rice show, Flacco was 4 of 10 for 34 yards and a pick. I'm not a hater, but I also won't say Flacco is elite. I don't know how you can say he will be top 5 by default. New players enter the league each year which means more talented QB's could arrive.

Blog Entries

The guys on Inside Football just said Al would never have made this deal. He liked
    defense and running the ball but most of all, he'd never depart with a draft choice
    much less all these high ones.

Mike Brown was determined to punish Palmer til Al's son made him an offer he couldnt
    refuse. It sets Bengals up for a long time especially if OAK makes the POs and they
    get 2 #1s.

There's definitely been a change of the guards in OAK.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SugarRay52 View Post
    You know what you and the other Flacco haters (not that many on this board, it's lonely at the top isn't it?) will just have to accept the fact that Joe will eventually get a new contract and he will be here for the long haul. You can cry and whine but Ozzie isn't paying attention to the whining crying babies who want Joe gone, deal with it Flacco is here to stay, jerk.
    word:word