Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Palmer to Raiders

Palmer can play well for 6-8 years and it's still not anywhere close to being worth losing two first round picks.

Thanks to the new CBA, draft picks are more valuable than they ever been.

Carson contract and two first rounders no way ...... Raiders are better off trading for Orton.

Blog Entries

Talk about not having faith in your back up.... why even bother having the guy on the roster.

ESPN is reporting it's TWO FIRST ROUNDERS? One in 2012 and the one in 2013 based on incentives, but is very obtainable. The Raiders are crazy. Carson Palmer's arm has looked weak the last few years.

Herm Edwards says he likes it for the Raiders and thinks its a great fit. Of course Herm sucked as a head coach so I'm not surprised.

Blog Entries

The Raiders now have to make the playoffs this year. If they don't this move is a real failure.

Blog Entries

What if... and I do mean what if.. Palmer becomes a whinny little biotch and refuses to play in Oakland.

I don't hate the Raiders, in fact I like a lot of their players and coach but I would have to laugh at that.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    The Raiders now have to make the playoffs this year. If they don't this move is a real failure.
    They gave up a 1st rounder and possibly a 1st rounder in 2013. I would argue the Raiders need to make the Superbowl for this trade to payoff. They don't need to win it, they just need to represent. Otherwise, merely making the playoffs just doesn't cut it.

Odd though, even John Clayton is saying the Raiders made a good move. It just sounds like a huge over reach for me.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    What if... and I do mean what if.. Palmer becomes a whinny little biotch and refuses to play in Oakland.

I don't hate the Raiders, in fact I like a lot of their players and coach but I would have to laugh at that.
    Palmer is already at their facility getting his physical. He must have been waiting for this to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Talk about not having faith in your back up.... why even bother having the guy on the roster.
    I always thought Kyle Boller was perfect as a backup and a guy that could play great if needed to start a game or two. But he's not a full-time starter. Likewise, if Flacco should go down I'm betting we see a guy like Marc Bulger here very quickly.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavensRock View Post
    They gave up a 1st rounder and possibly a 1st rounder in 2013. I would argue the Raiders need to make the Superbowl for this trade to payoff. They don't need to win it, they just need to represent. Otherwise, merely making the playoffs just doesn't cut it.

Odd though, even John Clayton is saying the Raiders made a good move. It just sounds like a huge over reach for me.
    Making the playoffs cuts in when you haven't had a winning season since 2002.

We're not talking about the Ravens here. The Raiders have led the NFL in blackouts until recently. They play in a dump of a baseball stadium that is falling apart. Both the Raiders and 49ers are trying to get a new stadium, possibly a combined one. If that falls through there is a good chance the Raiders are going to move back to LA.

You can't treat the Raiders like the Ravens or Steelers.

Oh wait! IF Palmer works out and can actually throw the ball down field I have Heyward-Bey and Denarious Moore on my fantasy team. Sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Making the playoffs cuts in when you haven't had a winning season since 2002.

We're not talking about the Ravens here. The Raiders have led the NFL in blackouts until recently. They play in a dump of a baseball stadium that is falling apart. Both the Raiders and 49ers are trying to get a new stadium, possibly a combined one. If that falls through there is a good chance the Raiders are going to move back to LA.

You can't treat the Raiders like the Ravens or Steelers.
    This is true. I almost ended that my post with, "However, unlike Raider fans I root for a team that has made the playoffs the last 3 years." Still though, it seems like a lot to give up even if you just make the playoff. I'm used to a guy like Ozzie who seems to be excellent at making decisions for the short and long-term.