Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Pollard a liability in coverage

After watching the NFL network's highlight on the Ravens vs. Texans game, it showed the long TD pass and how Bernard Pollard left his deep half to try to jump a route which already had 2 defenders draped on the TE.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/baltimore-...ens-highlights

The pass is at 40 seconds in.

Just goes to show how important a healthy Zibby and Haruki are.

If we can ever get Carr and J. Smith back healthy, keep Pollard up in the box, our pass D will really excel.

2. Re: Pollard a liability in coverage

While he may be a liability in coverage I still prefer him being on the field than Zibby. Zibby is invisible out there. He might not make many mistakes, but you never hear his name called. He's never making plays. He does nothing well. He's just average at everything.

At least Pollard is out there trying to make things happen and hitting people in the mouth. Plus, Zibby isn't THAT much better than Pollard in coverage to be honest.

Re: Pollard a liability in coverage

Didn't Zibby intercept Aaron Rogers twice when we played in Green bay a couple years ago? We might need that kryptonite in the SB? ; )

If that was Pollard's fault then they need to take that out of the play book!!!!!!! Where was the CB's on that play? It was 4 defenders around the te and if I remember correctly that was a play action pass
    WE DON'T NEED YOUR RESPECT BUT WE WILL BEAT UP ON YOU AND TAKE YOUR SOUL!!!!!!!

We knew this when we signed him. I guarantee it won't be the last time either. That said, I think his strengths outweight his weaknesses, and I'm glad he's out there.

Punking Ward out in week 1 was worth his entire paycheck.

Quote Originally Posted by rmthawk64 View Post
    While he may be a liability in coverage I still prefer him being on the field than Zibby. Zibby is invisible out there. He might not make many mistakes, but you never hear his name called. He's never making plays. He does nothing well. He's just average at everything.

At least Pollard is out there trying to make things happen and hitting people in the mouth. Plus, Zibby isn't THAT much better than Pollard in coverage to be honest.
    Disagree completely. First, like saintmatthew said, Zibby's picked off Rodgers twice and has in general, been very solid and reliable in coverage. Not bad. Better than most, actually. Definitely an upgrade from Dawan Landry.

Second, and more importantly: not everyone has to be a play maker. Amazingly, you actually need some people who will just quietly do their job. Even Reed gets burned with his free-lancing. Having Zibby as an actual safety measure gives a great boost to the defense. Just keep guys covered - pass rush is coming to kill the quarterback anyways.

If you're not hearing his name called, that's a good thing. We've got Ngata, Lewis, Suggs, Reed, and Webb (I'm throwing Webb in here because he's been playing great so far - 4 PD, 2 INT, 1 FF, .5 sacks, 34 tackles). Not everyone can be the hero. Sometimes you need the sidekick.

Quote Originally Posted by rmthawk64 View Post

Thanks. I don't get this adoration for a guy whose name you never hear during the game.
    “Not bad for a running back.”

First off, where are the corners? That's who holds the liability card in the Titans game.

And second, just curious why we are reliving a game that happened almost a month ago and after 3 games of pretty solid work from our safeties?

Blog Entries

he made a great play to break up a pass at the end of the game.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

All of you guys clamoring that because you don't hear his name he must not be doing anything, let me ask you a question:

Wouldn't you rather NOT hear his name because he's playing the coverage assignments so QB's don't throw into his zones too often than hearing his name because he's getting burnt deep by a receiver or something?

Get a grip. Not hearing a guys name being called when they're playing a position like safety or corner is a good thing. That means they're not getting any action on their side, which means they are deterring the QB from throwing to their side. See how that works?
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    he made a great play to break up a pass at the end of the game.
    He did and I love the formations where they have Zibby as the deep safety and Pollard up in the box. I think that is a great use of the personnel the Ravens have.

I think the Ravens' D is good with Pollard and Zibby. They're just two different types of players.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by blacknpurplepain View Post
    If that was Pollard's fault then they need to take that out of the play book!!!!!!! Where was the CB's on that play? It was 4 defenders around the te and if I remember correctly that was a play action pass
    They looked to be in a cover 2...and the corners responsibilities are the flats...not the deep corners.