Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Re: Flacco is our guy

Quote Originally Posted by The Eternal Ring View Post
    Can anyone even name ten quarterbacks that are playing better than Flacco right now?
    Does Rodgers x10 count?
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post
    Brady-nods

Brees-nods

Eli Manning???? He's had a good year, but it will take more than six games to wash that awful taste out of my mouth from last year.

Rivers-nods

Fitzpatrick- He's impressive. Not sure I'd say he's better than Flacco though. The Bills have played some pitiful defenses this year and the only defense he played worth a salt (Cincy) seemed to contain him fairly well.

Stafford- No friggin way. You think Joe has accuracy issues at times? Watch Stafford some time. He benefits from a) the Lions passing the ball at an unhealthy frequency and b) throwing the ball to Calvin Johnson. Get it within 8 feet of that guy, no matter how inaccurate, and it's a completion. Let's not get carried away on Stafford. There is a much, much different style of play between outdoor AFC games and indoor NFC games. Just think if Flacco got 6-8 games a year like his game in St Louis this year or like his game in Atlanta last year.
    im not saying they are all better QBs than Joe. The guy posted how many QBs can you name playing better than Joe RIGHT NOW. all of those QBs are playing better than Joe. Thats solely where my reasoning came in

Quote Originally Posted by RAVENOUS52 View Post
    I love Joe Flacco the person, but I won't be fully convinced that he's our Bert Jones until he either defeats the Steelers in the playoffs or takes us to a SuperBowl.
    Uh, how many playoff games did Bert Jones win?

Quote Originally Posted by Ngata Nother Suggs View Post
    I can't stand the quarter or quarters long droughts from the offense that go along with every game.

They start out like gangbusters and go on a 93 yard TD drive to start the game. Very impressive drive, but they need more of them.

They usually always have a good first quarter then go into a funk. A funk where they put up some absolutely dreadful numbers. 11 straight incompletions or whatever that was against the Jets, players with free runs at Flacco, lineman and tight ends getting idiotic procedure penalties, and Flacco NOT PROTECTING THE FOOTBALL.

That is my absolute number #1 beef with Joe. The fumble yesterday the guy just basically grazed him and the ball comes flying out. Flacco in a way needs eyes in the back of his head which should really be the tackles job, but when he's in the pocket with protection breaking down I see no instinct from him to protect the ball.

The Texans made points out of it. Lucky TD, but still points. The pick I'm not going to get on him about because they took a shot, but the fumbling needs to end. Flacco fumbles and Ricky Williams fumbles. That can't show up in January, and if it does it needs to be an inconsequential one time deal. Flacco has a habit of doing it. Better ball protection has to be his top priority. He needs to be more aware that it doesn't take much for a defender to pop the ball out when Flacco has it one hand looking for a receiver to throw to. Take the sack and don't make matters worse. Either way he is getting hit. Joe has escaped too many fumbles that could have have turned into something worse, but how about just not fumbling it at all. I don't see Flacco doing anything differently to be aware that defenders want the ball maybe more than a sack.

I'll have to look it up to be sure but the points given up off Flacco turnovers in the past two games is like three touchdowns.

Flacco helps the other team too much. He provides their glimmer of hope before the fourth quarter rolls around and the other team runs out of gas.

If the other team wasn't given points by Flacco they would never be in the game. The Texans offense worked their ass off and scored seven points. Flacco gave them the other seven.

Can't blame the defense for not stopping every extra time on defense Flacco is making them play.
    Okay, I'll give you the ball security.

The drives I'm going to argue a bit. Yesterday we hung 29 points on a very good Texans defense after we turned the ball over twice. There were multiple drives by Flacco and the offense that only turned into FGs. We're right in the middle of the pack when it comes to offense but you do realize we've played 4 of the top 12 (exluding us) defenses in the NFL through five games, right?

Let's put it another way:
    The teams we've played have given up an average of 21.78 points per game.
    We're averaging 29.6

The teams we've played have given up an average of 333.28 yards per game
    We're averaging 367.2

The teams we're playing against have very, very good defenses in general. The Rams are, of course, the exception. So when you say Joe and the offense goes into a cold spell and then comes out of it, I'm going to say that's Joe growing and learning. Good teams make adjustments. Their defenses figure out what the Ravens are doing and stop them. The Ravens turn around and make their own adjustments and the offense takes off again.

This team, the Baltimore Ravens, are 4-1. Y'all are complaining because we're not beating teams by a large enough margin of victory even though none of the games we've won have been close.:grbac:
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Quote Originally Posted by alienrace View Post
    Uh, how many playoff games did Bert Jones win?
    What does that matter?

You missed my whole point.

Before the catastrophic shoulder injury that prematurely ended his career, Jones was a consistent offensive leader with a cannon for an arm that made defenses pay. He was a field general who inspired confidence in his men.

I think that somewhere down the line Joe can definitely become our version of Bert.

Next time I'll write it in crayon if you need.

"everyone knows how much everyone is praising aaron rodgers now, it took him until his 6th year to win a playoff game."

Thank you for saying this - I've long compared Flacco to Aaron Rogers (in my mind at least). People forget that Rogers sat for three years behind Brett Favre, watching and learning. His first year as a starter equates to Flacco's fourth year - aka this year. I'm not saying that Flacco shouldn't be ahead if you compare Rogers' fourth year with Flacco's (he should be, because he's been starting all this time), but if you look at the progression of Aaron Rogers, I think we are witnessing a similar evolution in Flacco.

Aaron Rogers didn't start out lighting the world on fire, he grew into it. I think Flacco is doing this before our eyes, and some people don't recognize it.

That's my two cents.

"Most if not all of the outright Flacco bashing comes on sports talk radio, so you really shouldn't read much into it. By and large the people that call into those shows are complete idiots without jobs."

LOL

Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post
    Let's not get carried away on Stafford. There is a much, much different style of play between outdoor AFC games and indoor NFC games. Just think if Flacco got 6-8 games a year like his game in St Louis this year or like his game in Atlanta last year.
    Or Flacco's 2009 Minnesota game. You remember, the one that would have gone down as one of the greatest comebacks in Ravens' history if Houshka didn't soil himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Tucking View Post
    Tom Brady
    Drew Brees
    Aaron Rodgers
    Eli Manning
    Philip Rivers
    Ryan fitzpatrick
    Matthew Stafford
    those are the clear cuts, giving all things considered Flacco can be put anywhere after that with the likes of Cam Newton, Matt Hasselbeck, Romo, Cutler, and some others

But god their has been some awful QB play this season
    You lose all credibility when you put Fitzpatrick and Stafford on that list. Stafford has had what good 5 games in his 3 seasons in the league. Cam Newton is what 1-5. If Flacco has made the mistakes that Romo has made in critical times Bmore fans would have run him out of town.

Manning only gets consideration because he has a ring. I can understand Rivers as he puts up great stats but really has not proven to be a winner. Rivers is also starting to struggle as he loses offensive weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by RAVENOUS52 View Post
    What does that matter?

You missed my whole point.

Before the catastrophic shoulder injury that prematurely ended his career, Jones was a consistent offensive leader with a cannon for an arm that made defenses pay. He was a field general who inspired confidence in his men.

I think that somewhere down the line Joe can definitely become our version of Bert.

Next time I'll write it in crayon if you need.
    Fair enough, I just hope that Joe becomes something a little better than Bert. Bert was good, but never won any meaningful games.

He has not thrown a TD pass since the 1st Quarter of the St. Louis game. He shows no consistency. We will only win a SB if we can get by without a passing game. Outside of Baltimore he is viewed at around 20th in the league, maybe lower.

12. Re: Flacco is our guy

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenfan_11 View Post
    He has not thrown a TD pass since the 1st Quarter of the St. Louis game. He shows no consistency. We will only win a SB if we can get by without a passing game. Outside of Baltimore he is viewed at around 20th in the league, maybe lower.
    you have got to be Brian in Owings Mills