Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hot new Ravens basketball team announced

Several Ravens players have formed a basketball team. While not to be taken too seriously, they have high hopes and certainly are not without talent.
    They have chosen the name 'Quick Birds' or "QBs' for short.

At guard, they have a wily old veteran who calls plays, and makes up for his old age and physical deterieration by experience and "smoothness". His teamates hold nightly prayer vigils for his continued health, and have begun to hide his car keys.

At the other guard spot is a new face. Loaded with ability, his only drawback may be his vertical measurement. He has an odd dislike for greeks and horses, for some reason

At center, another new face; this fellow is raw, but talented and very agressive. Indeed, many are of the opinion that he is in the wrong sport venue, and would be more effective as a heavyweight boxer, hockey player, or possibly an IRA hit man.

At power forward, they have an enigma. The most physical of the bunch, he stumbles and looks awkward at times, but this bird is capable of tearing out your throat with his beak if you underestimate him.

The other forward position is manned by a player currently attending charm school in Holland. He may or may not turn out to be an asset, so the jury is most assuredly still out on him. Consensus is not overly favorable however.

Wish them luck. In all probability, there will soon not be enough of them left to take the court.
    ENFORCE THE 1ST AMENDMENT WITH THE SECOND, NEVER DISARM

Re: Hot new Ravens basketball team announced

I'm lost

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens0587 View Post
    I'm lost

Wow, so much for not-so subtle satire. QBs?

LOL...it's a description of the QB's...
    Quote Originally Posted by Art-Florida View Post
    Several Ravens players have formed a basketball team. While not to be taken too seriously, they have high hopes and certainly are not without talent.
    They have chosen the name 'Quick Birds' or "QBs' for short.

At guard, they have a wily old veteran who calls plays, and makes up for his old age and physical deterieration by experience and "smoothness". His teamates hold nightly prayer vigils for his continued health, and have begun to hide his car keys.

At the other guard spot is a new face. Loaded with ability, his only drawback may be his vertical measurement. He has an odd dislike for greeks and horses, for some reason

At center, another new face; this fellow is raw, but talented and very agressive. Indeed, many are of the opinion that he is in the wrong sport venue, and would be more effective as a heavyweight boxer, hockey player, or possibly an IRA hit man.

At power forward, they have an enigma. The most physical of the bunch, he stumbles and looks awkward at times, but this bird is capable of tearing out your throat with his beak if you underestimate him.

The other forward position is manned by a player currently attending charm school in Holland. He may or may not turn out to be an asset, so the jury is most assuredly still out on him. Consensus is not overly favorable however.

Wish them luck. In all probability, there will soon not be enough of them left to take the court.
    First G is McNair
    Second G is Troy Smith,
    Center is Finnerty I guess
    PF is Boller
    And SF is Olson.

Art,

Masterfully done... (you do have a way with words)

I enjoyed every satiric descriptive word of it.

Well done my man... well done!

Huh? I mean I get it but Why go through the all this trouble and waste our time?

WTF, is someone else going to start writing poetry or short stories? Give me a break with this, this should get whacked because of a deceiving subject line. Next time give us a heads up if your going to be *creative*, this way I can avoid this type of nonsense.
    WOW! I feel so fortunate that the Ravens did what they had to do to make this happen. Thank you. My Heart is with the Raven....My Heart is with Baltimore and its great fans. What can I say. Here We Go!!! --Ray Lewis
    No, Thank you Ray... :ww:
    -->^78F$09U&67D!45A#54R87B)89V<--

Quote Originally Posted by crazyraven View Post
    Huh? I mean I get it but Why go through the all this trouble and waste our time?

It's May 28. Lighten up, what the hell else is there to talk about?

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

I agree, it's always refreshing to see a new thread, regardless of the content... =P

Sorry for anyone who was baffled by any of this. It was just an easy way to kill 10 minutes and post at least SOMETHING. If you haven't noticed, traffic here has been almost non-existent lately. Perhaps I was being too obscure. Sometimes a sledge hammer works better thn a dagger, I guess.

Crazy, in all seriousness, is 30 seconds of your time such a "waste" that you should take a hissyfit over such a small thing?

Art I knew when I posted I don't get it I was going to regret it. I even read the part about the QB's and still didn't get it.

I apologize for being so damn naive and not getting it. It was very clever and thank you for posting it. Very clever

CrazyRaven on the other hand is an idiot, don't pay any attention to him and he might go away.

Good stuff Art.

Subtle and funny as Hell. Especially Troy's aversion to "Greeks and horses"...LOL